GDT: BwO Presents: Leafs vs Sabres - 7pm, Dec. 21/23 - SNO - Keep the Train A' Rollin' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Usually would feel like a trap game, we historically suck in Buffalo. Not actually feeling that way this one. Jones or Sammy I wonder? My guess is they owe Sammy some minutes here.

Go Leafs Go

Will add as I can. The BwO is doing an Aerosmith vibe on this one. Secret BwO Agent @ULF_55 recorded this bit deep in the heart of Sabre world 40 years ago for this moment, recently unclassified as the message to tonights game is now obvious.

Keep the Train (Wagon? Are we a Wagon?) A’ Rollin’.

Once You're BwO
You're BwO
For Life
Baby

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Should be a fairly easy win if Samsonov shows up.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Unless Sabres want Granato out as coach, I expect them to show up after being embarrassed by CBJ.

Guessing an entertaining game with lots of goals, and cookies and apples to go around.

Reactions: PromisedLand

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Two very winnable games coming up here. Let’s get these points and close the gap a bit on Boston.
I can't see this team getting by both Boston and Florida to get to the ECF. They need to win the division, take out the WC in 4 or 5 and hope Boston and Florida beat themselves up for 7 games.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Samsonov in net tonight. Hopefully he shows up and has a strong game.

Reactions: ACC1224

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I can't see this team getting by both Boston and Florida to get to the ECF. They need to win the division, take out the WC in 4 or 5 and hope Boston and Florida beat themselves up for 7 games.
WC teams are likely going to be two of Wash,TB, NYI, Canes, Philly, or Devils.
I feel confident they could beat any of those teams , but not in 4 or 5 games.

Reactions: ToneDog

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Buffalo really sucks.
I think they have run out of times to clean house and start over again, so someone will have to figure out how to make this group of players into something useful. In the meantime, take the over tonight. The Leafs will probably cover it on their own.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think they have run out of times to clean house and start over again, so someone will have to figure out how to make this group of players into something useful. In the meantime, take the over tonight. The Leafs will probably cover it on their own.
They have lots of talent, but it proves you must have cohesion throughout the organization.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I don't know what Sammy is going through but I'd like to see the Sammy from last year please. We need 2 good goalies heading into the playoffs not one.

Reactions: Buds17

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I think Sammy will get the nod for tonight and depending on how tonight goes that'll determine who starts the game Saturday.

Either way they're 2 very winnable games. They need to make sure they're attacking the net and going for rebounds. No cute bullshit.

Hopefully Leafs go into the break playing well.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Leafs always have a tough time going down to Buffalo and the Sabres are coming off a blowout loss to Columbus. Might be a trap game. I'd like to see the Leafs make a bad team look bad. Will be an interesting game.

Reactions: ToneDog

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

Let's hope the refs call this game fairly and at the very least call one of the deserved penalties against Buffalo, unlike the Rangers who apparently did no wrong. No holding on our players against the Rangers? Really? How is a team like the Leafs, who possess the puck so much, great puck carriers like Matthews, Nylander, Knies, 31st in PP's given??? Bottom 5 in the last 5 years on PP's given? How can you doubt that something is amiss?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Let's hope the refs call this game fairly and at the very least call one of the deserved penalties against Buffalo, unlike the Rangers who apparently did no wrong. No holding on our players against the Rangers? Really? How is a team like the Leafs, who possess the puck so much, great puck carriers like Matthews, Nylander, Knies, 31st in PP's given??? Bottom 5 in the last 5 years on PP's given? How can you doubt that something is amiss?

I just don't see why the refs would have something against Toronto. I don't buy in to the conspiracy theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad