Buying cap space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens4Cup

Mar 25, 2005
Can't someone close this thread? This amount of conjecture about a ridiculous plan is quite silly

The Overseer*

Stephen said:
I'm getting pretty tired of militant small market hostility.

I'm not hostile to big market teams -- especially not to the Leafs. I think big-market teams should make money hand-over-fist. The better the Leafs do financially, the better Ontario Teachers' pensions are, and that's something I can certainly get behind. Teachers need good pensions.

My problem is with big-market teams having a grossly unfair competitive advantage on the ice. Further to that, I'm tired of whiners, such as yourself, bellyaching about the cap. Big-market teams will still have an advantage, just less of one.

Be happy with the head start you have instead of complaining that you need a bigger one.

Bythe way, the team I cheer for has traditionally spent more than 39 million on payroll, so this isn't coming from a small-market perspective. It's coming from a good for hockey perspective.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Nilsson Schmilsson said:
Here's an example, and I won't use the Leafs since Leafs' fans seem very sensitive. I guess I'd be sensitive too if I'd failed to live up to expectations so many times, but that's another topic. . .

Well you ARE a Canuck fan, aren't you? :dunno:

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Stephen said:
It's also like talking about Niedermayer to Vancouver.

Sometimes it's fun to imagine what things could be like.

It's fun to imagine what things could be like that could happen.

Niedermeyer could come to Vancouver.

Your idea will not happen, depleting it of any amusement of speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad