BU's Maklin Celebrini wins NCAA "Hobey Baker" as MVP

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Hobey Baker Winner
Very simple, in an era where the typical NCCA D1 player is 19 to 20 years old, Maklin Celebrini put up 32G 32A in 38 games... AS A 17 YEAR OLD. He does not turn 18 till June. The youngest player to ever receive this award... OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :clap:

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Potential pattern ... When are you gonna move outta MI, so a Michigan hockey player can win the Hobey? ;)

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Is anyone able to tell me how Macklin Celebrini, who as a June, 2006 birth should be about to graduate from high school, got a year ahead of his age group so that he is completing his freshman year in university? Thanks.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Is anyone able to tell me how Macklin Celebrini, who as a June, 2006 birth should be about to graduate from high school, got a year ahead of his age group so that he is completing his freshman year in university? Thanks.
1. A year with the San Jose Jr. Sharks AAA program;
2. Two years in the Shattuck St. Mary's Prep School program;
3. A year with the USHL's Chicago Steel.
4. There are no age limits for admission into most U.S. universities, and I've known several high schoolers who completed their studies to graduate in 3 years. So from a larger point-of-view, occasionally such a student (or student/athlete) enters college at the age of 17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad