Recalled/Assigned: Burmistrov on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm kinda bummed. A kid who really loves hockey and showed such great promise early. I think a combination of mishandling early in his career and his own refusal to be adaptable (both culturally and in role on team) led to his demise.

If we could get rookie Burmi, or even Burmi before he went to the KHL on this team I think we'd be happy with that.

Wishing him the best of luck whatever happens to him.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Do you have a link to the interview? I never heard it, only about it afterwards.

Winnipeg Free Press

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...ncerned-about-future-with-jets-407510076.html

Alexander Burmistrov concerned about future with Jets Centre isn't playing, doesn't expect to in near future

By: Jason Bell

Alexander Burmistrov hasn't played in two weeks and feels like a forgotten man.

The Winnipeg Jets centre has been a healthy scratch for the NHL team's last five games and has dressed for only three of the last dozen contests.

After a pair of home-ice victories by Winnipeg Thursday and Sunday, there’s no reason to think the 25-year-old Russian will slot in against the Canucks in two games in three nights today and Thursday at Vancouver's Rogers Arena.

Complicating matters is the imminent return of forwards Shawn Matthias, Joel Armia and Nic Petan, who have missed duty because of injuries. All three took part in Monday's full workout, and head coach Paul Maurice said at least one of the trio could play out west before the club breaks for Christmas.

Burmistrov is clearly frustrated and unsure about his future.

Burmistrov, speaking after the Monday morning skate at MTS Centre, is noticeably frustrated with his current predicament and confused about his future with the organization.

"You know, I feel great, working hard — watching games," said Burmistrov, who has just two assists in 23 games this year and is a minus-six. "It’s tough, tough for me because I do not know why I’m not playing, you know. I never have a conversation with the coach, so he never tell me why I’m not playing."

Has he broached the subject with Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff?

"No, if they doesn’t want to talk to me, sure," said Burmistrov, adding he fully expects to occupy a seat in the press box in Vancouver.

"I mean, the team’s winning so I don’t think they’re going to change it."

Maurice disagreed with Burmistrov's assessment of the situation, saying he has indeed talked with the player about his current role with the Jets, now 15-16-3 after nipping the Florida Panthers 4-3 in a shootout Thursday and then dumping the Colorado Avalanche 4-1 on Sunday afternoon.

"Every day. We’ve had conversations," said the coach. "There’s conversations that we’ve had that I didn’t invite you in on and you’re not getting any more than that.

"We both have a pretty clear understanding of where he’s at."

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Most likely Burmi only has trade value once he clears. Interesting though Chevy is opening up a roster spot.

Agree with this - he may get picked up, which resolves our Burmi issue, but if not, then the fact that's already cleared should help a team looking to trade for him to bring him into the fold without having to essentially guarantee a roster spot this year.

Buff next hopefully

This is a ridiculous notion - Buff would garner a lot in trade, and he'd be selected immediately by the team in the 1st waiver position. You want him gone? You trade him, you don't waive him. You'd probably find 20+ takers, if those teams could work the cap related issues.

PS: if you want to discuss Buff further, take it to a Buff thread (or create another one - feel free to quote this post to start it off).

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He was good once. Now he's not. I don't know what happened after he left for Russia, but at this point, I don't think he'll ever be a regular NHL player.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Just as Uncle Sip predicted......but Sip we will trade Burmi, he's got value, no kids only good players have value, besides Grandpa Chevy doesn't make trades unless good players do bad things....

I'm not sure but I thin this is the way they do these kind of trades because of the money and if you claim on waivers the player has to be put in the line-up and then you have to maybe waive somebody else or somebody gets sent down.

Now it's an AHL trade. Pavs and Burmi for Halak.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
He was good once. Now he's not. I don't know what happened after he left for Russia, but at this point, I don't think he'll ever be a regular NHL player.

If he is a Moose I hope he plays well or as well as he can play.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm not sure but I thin this is the way they do these kind of trades because of the money and if you claim on waivers the player has to be put in the line-up and then you have to maybe waive somebody else or somebody gets sent down.

Now it's an AHL trade. Pavs and Burmi for Halak.

Essentially, you've pretty much guaranteed that player a roster spot in the NHL, due to the following:

Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him. If the claiming team places the player on waivers in the same season and his original team claims him, the team may send the player to the AHL without placing him on waivers again ...

From: http://www.litterboxcats.com/2013/10/7/4792782/nhl-waiver-waivers-cba-florida-panthers

I was sure there was a better explanation of it somewhere, but that's the best I can find at the moment. Maybe Holden can chime in with better info.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Overpaid and overrated. Would love to see what a potential return would be.

You will get NOTHING for him if he's waived. Take this discussion to another thread please: it's OT for this thread. This one works:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2137437

Or start your own Buff thread to discuss this further. This thread is about Burmi being on waivers. Any further OT Buff discussion will get deleted.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like opening up a roster spot. Bring in some job competition for roster players.

Tanev in for Stafford.

Or, better still, bring up Connor for Stafford to put a bit of juice into an offense that has dried up.

Trade Stafford. Trade Burmi. Go with more youth for the rest of the season.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I like opening up a roster spot. Bring in some job competition for roster players.

Tanev in for Stafford.

Or, better still, bring up Connor for Stafford to put a bit of juice into an offense that has dried up.

Trade Stafford. Trade Burmi. Go with more youth for the rest of the season.

I know Stafford isn't playing they way he should. but he at least once in his career earned a spot on an nhl roster with his play. witch is more than I can say for a lot of the youth on this roster and the youth on the moose that people keep wanting to hand jobs to. why do people think giving ice time to players that shouldn't be in nhl will somehow make them better and nhlers someday. ehlers Morrissey and laine should be the only young players on this team. everyone else should be on the moose fighting tooth and nail for a sniff of the nhl not gifted jobs. chevy also instead of having half the moose roster of players that should be in the echl should have half the roster of vets who if needed because of injury could get called up and play in nhl .

Last edited by a moderator:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Bumistrov on waivers? Shocking. [/sarcasm]

His play has always reminded me of the kid that got promoted from the community club scrub team up to AAA, a player that looked good in an unstructured environment but has essentially no idea of how to play a team game when it matters. He got by on talent; to say his game lacks structure is a gigantic understatement. Atlanta made a massive mistake by promoting him to the NHL sans any AHL time. Winnipeg made an even larger mistake by bringing him back from Russia a few years ago.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Burmistrov states that PoMo never communicated to him any issues concerning his play......wow! Does PoMo speak to the players at all about positive development/how to improve their play? If not, then, just, wow! I thought that what was a significant part of a coach's role.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Burmistrov states that PoMo never communicated to him any issues concerning his play......wow! Does PoMo speak to the players at all about positive development/how to improve their play? If not, then, just, wow! I thought that what was a significant part of a coach's role.

There's very, very little chance that Maurice hasn't communicated with Burmistrov. The fact that this is the second coach that he's said this about is very telling. One coach, I can understand - two? Not likely.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I know Stafford isn't playing they way he should. but he at least once in his career earned a spot on an nhl roster with his play. witch is more than I can say for a lot of the youth on this roster and the youth on the moose that people keep wanting to hand jobs to. why do people think giving ice time to players that shouldn't be in nhl will somehow make them better and nhlers someday. ehlers Morrissey and laine should be the only young players on this team. everyone else should be on the moose fighting tooth and nail for a sniff of the nhl not gifted jobs. chevy also instead of having half the moose roster of players that should be in the echl should have half the roster of vets who if needed because of injury could get called up and play in nhl .

I'm tired of the Jets gifting roster spots to underperforming vets. They are the constant with this team, and they not only keep their roster spots but also prime roles (on special teams). It's not just Stafford, either. Perreault has had a really rough season, after an unproductive one last season. He didn't really do anything apart from Little and Wheeler, and his low production 5v5 is looking pretty chronic at this point.

Maybe it's lingering injuries, but he has 4 goals and 9 primary assists in over 1,230 5v5 minutes in the past couple of seasons. That's worse production than Thorbs. His shooting % has been very low, but his iFenwick/60 has also not been very good, so he's not getting a lot of shots towards the goal at 5v5.

Vets keep on taking bad penalties, with basically no consequences. Meanwhile, players like Dano and Copp, who have performed well in whichever role they've been given, end up scraping their way to try to get on the 4th line.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I'm tired of the Jets gifting roster spots to underperforming vets. They are the constant with this team, and they not only keep their roster spots but also prime roles (on special teams). It's not just Stafford, either. Perreault has had a really rough season, after an unproductive one last season. He didn't really do anything apart from Little and Wheeler, and his low production 5v5 is looking pretty chronic at this point.

Maybe it's lingering injuries, but he has 4 goals and 9 primary assists in over 1,230 5v5 minutes in the past couple of seasons. That's worse production than Thorbs. His shooting % has been very low, but his iFenwick/60 has also not been very good, so he's not getting a lot of shots towards the goal at 5v5.

Vets keep on taking bad penalties, with basically no consequences. Meanwhile, players like Dano and Copp, who have performed well in whichever role they've been given, end up scraping their way to try to get on the 4th line.

And that got him a 4 year extension that hasn't even started yet, should of been a trade deadline deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad