Injury Report: Burakovsky hand injury, out til mid March

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Well that suuuuucks

200.gif

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well it could have been worse I suppose.

Good news is that part of that will be covered by bye week and also it gives more exposure for Sanford and Vrana.

Still sucks

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope when he eventually gets back that he's 100% healthy, he's the guy driving the play on that 3rd line in my opinion.

This propably gives them the chance to evaluate Sanford or Vrana before the deadline though. Best-case scenario is getting Burakovsky back at 100% before the Playoffs and Jakub Vrana catching fire when he's inserted to a line-up that's running hot right now. He had glimpses in his last stint but the whole team and especially that 3rd line had some scoring issues back then.

Eskobar

Sep 28, 2016
Burakovsky has been real solid as of late. However, he has been inconsistent at times and tends to have long streaks and slumps. Hopefully he'll get right back on track when he returns. Anyway, the challenging situations will teach him and hopefully he succeeds in making a successful comeback. If he does, he'll be more confident than ever before.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Silver lining with a, touch of grey. We will survive.

Our best hershey forwards will be tested in our new system, which logically needed to happen before the TDL anyways if Brian is kicking tires at forward.

I think Vrana will get more than his fair share of games. However, I do expect Sanford to do much better playing in the funnel bob and weave offense, vs Barry's circa 1994 grind em down to dust offense. But not as well as Vrana.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
If he indeed heals by mid March, great, bullet dodged.

With Vrana/Sanford getting meaningful ice-time, this can work out perfectly.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Broken bone, usually a pretty quick recovery and you really don't have much of a bounce-back period. Bone break recoveries are usually much easier to return from than muscle/ligament injuries (generally speaking)

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Silver lining with a, touch of grey. We will survive.

Our best hershey forwards will be tested in our new system, which logically needed to happen before the TDL anyways if Brian is kicking tires at forward.

I think Vrana will get more than his fair share of games. However, I do expect Sanford to do much better playing in the funnel bob and weave offense, vs Barry's circa 1994 grind em down to dust offense. But not as well as Vrana.

:handclap:

Looking forward to seeing what Vrana can do.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Sucks that it happened but as others have said, it'll show us what Vrana and Sanford are made of.

Hopefully, Burracuda returns at 100% health with no adverse effects and is fully ready for the playoffs.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Vrana should be in the spot right away. See what there is for depth and if not make a move. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

At a guess what they'll do is play Sanford on Saturday and leave Vrana in Hershey during the break so they continue to accrue space. The Article on NHL.com about the Metro division said the CAPS have $4.2 mil of projected cap space. I don't think it's a huge concern at this point. Then bring Vrana up afterwards.

Having broken fingers/hand before that required a cast, you recover quickly but you have flexibility and strength issues for a week or so. The real issue will be if they have to immobilize his wrist.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Totally blows, but still time to get healthy for the playoffs, so I'm not worried. Maybe good for the contract negotiations...

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Test vrana and see if we need a bottom 6 guy at the TDL. We can lose a few games over the next 6 weeks if we need to, just get bura 100% so he isn't nursing a hand when he gets back. Need that shot to be effective

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Orpik said it was broken on Elliot in the Morning.

Yup, that's what I heard as well. Broken hand is easy to come back from, plus there is a LOT that can qualify as a broken hand - so the severity can be on a spectrum. I'm 100% positive he will be back at full speed and health for the playoffs

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yup, that's what I heard as well. Broken hand is easy to come back from, plus there is a LOT that can qualify as a broken hand - so the severity can be on a spectrum. I'm 100% positive he will be back at full speed and health for the playoffs

Did you go to the same Internet medical college as TXPD? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad