Line Combos: Build a lineup poll #4: 2LW

Who should be the team's 2LW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So here is the (not) much-discussed lineup poll. Instead of Torts' slot machine line generator, we'll be voting for each spot on the roster, building each line one spot at a time. We started with 1LW, and will work our way through the forward lines and on to D pairs and starter and backup goalies.

This poll includes every forward reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start.

Vote for your choice for second line LW, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls. Sure, there are some nuances such a process doesn't allow for - there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Here's to the start of a new tradition!

Forward lines
Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
To me, this is going to be the biggest hole on the team for awhile. I could see cases for about four guys here, depending on how you want to build your lines out (and, of course, it doesn't really matter since Torts will just switch it all around by period 2 of game #1 anyway).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Went with Foudy's speed and (hopefully) skill over the Captain. Don't know if I buy the "Domi needs that kind of a guy on his line" argument. We'll see.

Speed, yes. I haven't seen anything that suggests Foudy has skill over Foligno. I considered Foudy here as well. I like his ability to create a little chaos with his wheels, but it has to translate into scoring opps for his linemates. I'm not sure that's reliable, yet.

Reactions: Fro and MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I went with Foligno, basically a default in absence of a “player to be named” option. Ideally Captain should be the foundation of a strong third line.

Reactions: Byrral

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
I also went with the Captain. I've becoming pretty convinced through reading here/from Habs fans, that Domi (the presumed 2C of course) needs a gritty, tough winger on his line.

Reactions: cslebn

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I also went with the Captain. I've becoming pretty convinced through reading here/from Habs fans, that Domi (the presumed 2C of course) needs a gritty, tough winger on his line.

I've bought into this as well, at least as a starting point.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It’ll be foligno at first but I’d like to see grigorenko on that line.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
It is a huge hole on the left wing of line two and not just because Gus is hurt. Jarmo got 2/3 of our needs with Domi & Koivu down the middle but the scoring left wing isn't on this roster currently

Reactions: Byrral

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Went with Foudy here. I think(hope) he comes into camp hungry and he builds some good chemistry with Domi.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I do think Jarmo is going to be looking for a new top LW, but

1) it's probably going to be via trade mid-season. He's had his look at UFAs, and who is available in trade now. I'm hoping he has his eye on some great players on struggling teams. But we have to wait until teams struggle and decide to cut salary. I'm hoping it's someone the caliber of Gaudreau or Huberdeau. Pacioretty wouldn't be bad either, but I want more of a playmaker.

2) People have been bringing up "new LW" in this vote and not the first pair LW vote. I think it's perhaps more likely that Foligno stays in the top six even if Nyquist is back and/or an even better player joins the team. For one thing, Torts has said he wants to give Foligno a better opportunity to score (give him easier deployments). I also think he helps Domi and Dubois more than any other LW we have. The best Jackets trio last year, as I mentioned earlier, was Foligno-Dubois-Bjorkstrand. They outscored opponents 10-1.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
People have been bringing up "new LW" in this vote and not the first pair LW vote. I think it's perhaps more likely that Foligno stays in the top six even if Nyquist is back and/or an even better player joins the team. For one thing, Torts has said he wants to give Foligno a better opportunity to score (give him easier deployments). I also think he helps Domi and Dubois more than any other LW we have. The best Jackets trio last year, as I mentioned earlier, was Foligno-Dubois-Bjorkstrand. They outscored opponents 10-1.

71-18-28 played all of 127 minutes together last season at 5v5. Not exactly a big sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad