• Kevin Stenlund

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So here is the (not) much-discussed lineup poll. Instead of Torts' slot machine line generator, we'll be voting for each spot on the roster, building each line one spot at a time. We started with 1LW, and will work our way through the forward lines and on to D pairs and starter and backup goalies.

This poll includes every forward reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start.

Vote for your choice for top line RW, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls. Sure, there are some nuances such a process doesn't allow for - there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Here's to the start of a new tradition!

Forward lines
Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - RW

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
I know I'm in the minority but I went with Cam here. I didn't vote for him because I think he's a better winger than Bjorkstrand but I think Texier/PLD/Cam as a 1st line and ???/Domi/Bjorkstrand as a 2nd line is better than Bjorkstrand on the 1st line and Cam on the 2nd. My entire basis for that thought is a gut feeling with a little rum mixed in.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know I'm in the minority but I went with Cam here. I didn't vote for him because I think he's a better winger than Bjorkstrand but I think Texier/PLD/Cam as a 1st line and ???/Domi/Bjorkstrand as a 2nd line is better than Bjorkstrand on the 1st line and Cam on the 2nd. My entire basis for that thought is a gut feeling with a little rum mixed in.

I like it. I think there’s some merit.

I went with Bjork because I wonder about Cam on a third line. No I’m not trying to relegate him, just find a way to get him moving again. I don’t know as I’ll get to vote for Cam at 3RW but...

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm more leaning towards a Foligno/Domi/Atkinson second line myself.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The reason why I pick Bjorkstrand over Atkinson:

1. Bjorkstrand and PLD seemed to really connect well at time last year. I know PLD has played more with Atkinson due to him being primarily the RW with the panarin-PLD-Atkinson line of years past, but without Panarin there to be the driver of the line, Atkinson and PLD kind of have the same role on a line it feels like. Both want to be the drivers of the play and it doesn't really work when two people try to do the same thing rather than work together.

2. Bjorkstrand is probably the better player now than Cam. Not just offensive ability but production as well. I think Atkinson is highly UNDERrated by our fan base nowadays. But that doesn't mean he's the Cam of old either. I think Bjorkstrand and Cam would ideally be 2nd line RWers, especially Cam, but Bjorkstrand has 30+ goal potential and I'm not sure Cam has that ceiling anymore.

Reactions: rotsbu

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Would you consider Foligno Jenner Atkinson on a 3rd line? Foudy Domi Bemstrom would be my 2nd line Potentially Robinson at LW, we need someone that can skate and bury Domi's saucer passes.
The core pairing there IMO is Foligno-Domi. The reason why is that Domi's best season came when he was playing the bulk of his minutes alongside Andrew Shaw - a tough in-your-face two-way guy who does good work in front of the net. Sound familiar? ;)

Jenner might also work as a partner, but I think the Captain has more skill to offer.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Serious question - curious why?

Haha thanks for calling me out :sarcasm:. It was mostly the "shiny new toy phenomenon" because of Bemstrom's overseas play this autumn. I also was wondering as others did above if having Bjorky on the 2nd line would lead to a better overall balance in the lines. Lastly, there was a touch of the opposite of "it ain't broke don't fix it" since our offense is most definitely broken.

Nonetheless, I did vote for Bjorky as 1RW.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The reason why I pick Bjorkstrand over Atkinson:

1. Bjorkstrand and PLD seemed to really connect well at time last year. I know PLD has played more with Atkinson due to him being primarily the RW with the panarin-PLD-Atkinson line of years past, but without Panarin there to be the driver of the line, Atkinson and PLD kind of have the same role on a line it feels like. Both want to be the drivers of the play and it doesn't really work when two people try to do the same thing rather than work together.

It didn't work at all last year, no doubt. I see the dynamic less as both trying to be play drivers and more that neither were! Early last season, Dubois was still figuring out how to be the primary puck carrier away from Panarin (thankfully that appeared to be fixed by the playoffs). The bigger issue with the duo was that Cam was still waiting around for passes, not driving anything.

2. Bjorkstrand is probably the better player now than Cam. Not just offensive ability but production as well. I think Atkinson is highly UNDERrated by our fan base nowadays. But that doesn't mean he's the Cam of old either. I think Bjorkstrand and Cam would ideally be 2nd line RWers, especially Cam, but Bjorkstrand has 30+ goal potential and I'm not sure Cam has that ceiling anymore.

I think Cam could score 30+ again, no doubt. If he can do it with Dubinsky he can probably do it with Domi. A little PP luck can carry him far too. I don't think his scoring gifts have eroded much, if at all. I think Bjorkstrand is better and I have him on the top line, but it's all about the chemistry for me. I could put Cam on the top line I just don't see him clicking with Dubois.

The core pairing there IMO is Foligno-Domi. The reason why is that Domi's best season came when he was playing the bulk of his minutes alongside Andrew Shaw - a tough in-your-face two-way guy who does good work in front of the net. Sound familiar? ;)

Jenner might also work as a partner, but I think the Captain has more skill to offer.

I agree on needing Foligno for the Shaw madman role. That is something I could almost see Jenner doing. The other reason why I like Foligno with Domi is that Foligno is the best defensive winger, and I think there's more separation there from Jenner.

Haha thanks for calling me out :sarcasm:. It was mostly the "shiny new toy phenomenon" because of Bemstrom's overseas play this autumn. I also was wondering as others did above if having Bjorky on the 2nd line would lead to a better overall balance in the lines. Lastly, there was a touch of the opposite of "it ain't broke don't fix it" since our offense is most definitely broken.

Nonetheless, I did vote for Bjorky as 1RW.

It's not crazy, maybe gets Bemstrom going and Bjorkstrand will score with anyone.

I will say that Dubois-Bjorkstrand wasn't "broke" like other parts of our offense. They scored like good first-liners when they were together.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

I hope you and Major are right and Fligs is the answer. We need the 13-15 versions of him and we also need Cam returning to all star status. If we get scoring from the wings PLD and Domi will tear it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad