• David Savard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Welcome to the Nik Zherdev memorial edition of the lineup poll.

Here we make the switch from forward to defense. This poll includes every blueliner reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start.

Vote for your choice for top pair LD, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls.
Sure, there are some nuances such a process doesn't allow for - there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Sadly, this projects to have less intrigue even than the forwards.

Forward lines
Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Max Domi - Cam Atkinson
Boone Jenner - Mikko Koivu - Emil Bemstrom
Liam Foudy - Riley Nash - Mikhail Grigorenko

"leftover" forwards
Nathan Gerbe
Stefan Matteau
Ryan MacInnis
Eric Robinson
Kevin Stenlund

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I actually want to see

Gavrikov-Jones
Werenski-Savard/Peeke

Werenski was our best D last year. I think Jones didn't have his best season. My theory is that he's instinctively defensive, so if you put him with an offensive guy he gets comfortable sitting back. We need him moving around more.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I actually want to see

Gavrikov-Jones
Werenski-Savard/Peeke

Werenski was our best D last year. I think Jones didn't have his best season. My theory is that he's instinctively defensive, so if you put him with an offensive guy he gets comfortable sitting back. We need him moving around more.
I'm just having not-so-fond memories of the last time we tried Werenski-Savard. The lack of coordination was painful.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
This is the year ZW gets an even bigger spike in points. Splitting up Jones they might be able to spread the minutes a little more to all three pairs. Keep them all fresh. Not sure Torts has enough faith in Kukan & Peeke. If that cap space isn't used for offense I question getting rid of Murr. I know he was fragile, but when he was on the ice the probability of winning went up.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I don't mind trying to split up the Zach-Seth pairing, but I'm basically treating this more as a depth chart in my voting and Zach is easily the #1 LD right now.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You can mix up the lines how you want for 50 minutes, but at the end of a close game I think we are going to want:

Zach/Seth
Gav/Sav

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad