Line Combos: Build a lineup poll #12: 4RW

Who should be the team's 4RW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The Ryan Craig edition:

So here is the (not) much-discussed lineup poll. Instead of Torts' slot machine line generator, we'll be voting for each spot on the roster, building each line one spot at a time. We started with 1LW, and will work our way through the forward lines and on to D pairs and starter and backup goalies.

This poll includes every forward reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start.

Vote for your choice for 4th line RW, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls.
Sure, there are some nuances such a process doesn't allow for - there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Start bracing yourself for the D pairings. Anything could happen.

Forward lines
Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Max Domi - Cam Atkinson
Boone Jenner - Mikko Koivu - Emil Bemstrom
Liam Foudy - Riley Nash - 4RW

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For the record, if Cleveland is still an option and Foudy ends up not NHL-ready, IMO he gets swapped out with Robinson.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Bottom six is kind of a mess to me. I could see things getting rotated around quite a bit, especially depending on if Grigorenko or Foudy can play a bit of center. Just sort of depends on if they want a heavily defensive bottom six line or if they'll kind of spread things out.

Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Other than Liam foudy making the team and being on the fourth line, I think we've pretty much got how the lineup will look on opening night as far as personell goes.

As for lines? top 6 is probably accurate. Bottom 6 is close but Bemstrom is not a fit on that line.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
It wound surprise me if Grigorenko gains the spot but I went with Robinson. Watching him allows me to re-live all the same reactions and phrases I had during my days watching Chimera frustrate me while barreling down open ice only to lose the puck or shoot a blank. :laugh: :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It wound surprise me if Grigorenko gains the spot but I went with Robinson. Watching him allows me to re-live all the same reactions and phrases I had during my days watching Chimera frustrate me while barreling down open ice only to lose the puck or shoot a blank. :laugh: :laugh:
Robinson isn't caught offsides nearly often enough. He's gone whole games without a single one, after all.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This is only a discussion because Grigorenko is Russian. I do suppose it could happen if they get to a point where maybe Domi-Atkinson isnt quite what they hope or they just trust Atkinson to produce with lesser players to get more overall offense. If in desperation that was tried however I would have to assume Bemstrom gets that look as Domi would do best with a shooter.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is only a discussion because Grigorenko is Russian.
Grigorenko could be Mike Gregory from Sudbury, Ontario, and I'd still be skeptical because his prior performance in the NHL was not very good, and his redeeming work was in the KHL. I'd have been similarly antsy at attempts to coax Nigel Dawes over in his prime - or, for that matter, at attempts to give Geoff Platt a second chance here.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Oh, to hell with that presumptive prejudicial nonsense. Grigorenko could be Mike Gregory from Sudbury, Ontario, and I'd still be skeptical because his prior performance in the NHL was not very good, and his redeeming work was in the KHL. I'd have been similarly antsy at attempts to coax Nigel Dawes over in his prime.
Clearly flew well over your head

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Hes not passing Cam. Also underrated
Cam is only under rated if he gets back to his level of play 2 years ago. Love the guy but he's got to play better and more consistent. Maybe with Domi that happens.

That said, I don't see Grigs jumping him for 5v5 play but he could be a big help to the PP. I'm pretty confident that's where he's going to get his chance.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Robinson does not go offsides on nearly the break neck pace Chimmer did. Robinson isn't the same forechecker but his skill and head (with on par skating) put him in a better spot in my book. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad