Line Combos: Build a lineup poll #11: 4C

Who should be the team's 4C?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The Kevitt Dinalvert edition:

So here is the (not) much-discussed lineup poll. Instead of Torts' slot machine line generator, we'll be voting for each spot on the roster, building each line one spot at a time. We started with 1LW, and will work our way through the forward lines and on to D pairs and starter and backup goalies.

This poll includes every forward reasonably expected to be available to the team whenever the season should start.

Vote for your choice for 4th line C, and the winner will be slotted there and removed from subsequent polls.
Sure, there are some nuances such a process doesn't allow for - there will be times when you can't vote for who you'd like at a spot because they've already been slotted somewhere else, or there's a combo you like that gets nixed along the way. You can alter, or not, your subsequent voting accordingly.

Start bracing yourself for the D pairings. Anything could happen.

Forward lines
Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Max Domi - Cam Atkinson
Boone Jenner - Mikko Koivu - Emil Bemstrom
Liam Foudy - 4C - 4RW

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Grigorenko and Robinson are the two most useful players left, so I voted Grigo here. Supposedly he wasn't a good center as a young player but he could be better there now. He did do 57% on the draw in his last year with Colorado. I'd have Nash platooning Koivu so Ol' Mikko doesn't wear down by the playoffs. Stenlund can platoon everyone on the Foudy-Grigorenko-Robinson line, and that keeps him off the waiver wire. MacInnis has to run the waivers gauntlet. That is of course assuming no surprises in camp, which would be surprising.

The lines I actually penciled in early in this exercise were similar, with the one difference being that I have Robinson on the defensive unit and Bemstrom on the offensive:

Texier - PLD - Bjorkstrand (~16 mins)
Foligno - Domi - Atkinson (~15 mins)
Jenner - Koivu - Robinson (defensive bottom six, ~12 mins)
Foudy - Grigo - Bemstrom (offensive bottom six, ~12 mins)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Went Nash. Grigs hasn't played center for a little bit and was supposedly a much better wing in the KHL after his first NHL stint. Personally, I see a lot of moving parts in the bottom 6 but I would prefer to see big minutes for Foudy in the AHL.

Reactions: koteka

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Went Nash. Grigs hasn't played center for a little bit and was supposedly a much better wing in the KHL after his first NHL stint. Personally, I see a lot of moving parts in the bottom 6 but I would prefer to see big minutes for Foudy in the AHL.
Similar thinking here. Grigs is ultimately my RW pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad