Post-Game Talk (GBU): Buffalo Sabres at Ottawa Senators 7:30PM 2/18/2020

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Hutton's the worst positional goalie I've seen in the NHL in many, many years. It's jaw dropping how he just flails away when sliding post to post or when guys try the wrap around.

At this point, Hammond would be a better option, but the season's over so who cares.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Hutton's the worst positional goalie I've seen in the NHL in many, many years. It's jaw dropping how he just flails away when sliding post to post or when guys try the wrap around.

At this point, Hammond would be a better option, but the season's over so who cares.
He's the anti-hasek. All slinky, no miraculous saves

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
There should be a 10year limit on clueless owners
Its like the salary cap
Let's call it
Sanity cap

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Hutton has 11 wins this year. Sabres have scored 43 goals in those wins (3.9 goals per game). Its a miracle their record is where it is

Reactions: seagull

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Those papers he slammed were his trade proposal to Ottawa that got rejected. It read - "Bogosian for Pageau and a first rounder" Ottawa laughed at him and hung up moments before

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Bahahahha

Cant even get mad correctly

upload_2020-2-19_16-58-27.png

Great banter

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
hahahah Botterill throwing those papers...that's hilarious...Man, he must be getting Kool Aid directly from the factory if he thinks this team was going anywhere lol

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Maybe we can get Andersson from Ottawa 5 years too late and complete the Ottawa goaltender trifecta. Oh well, UPL is only a few years away before we find out if hes a starter.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I can’t take you seriously with such a hot take.

???

Look, if Krueger really came into the game with no intention of ever pulling Hutton even if he shits the bed like he was in the first period, that needs to be communicated directly to Botts.

That's unacceptable that we'd be in a situation like that, and that's both of their faults.

But even having that mindset by Krueger in the first place is absolutely moronic. Who gives a shit about protecting the youngsters when the goalie is single handedly costing you a massive game?

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
I actually remember when good goaltending was a staple of Buffalo Sabres hockey. 80's had good goalies, 90's had GREAT goalies, 2000's had good goalies.........since Miller left all we have had is AHL level goaltending. Starting to see a pattern here??

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

really curious why Hammond wasn’t chosen over JoJo. I think the answer is Botts felt comfy riding and dying with a Hutton. Which speaks volumes about Botts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad