Buffalo Bills Talk 2018 - The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
6-15: Bills' GM Brandon Beane on One Bills Live (20:13)

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on the team's radio station on minicamp: "You have to remind yourself that it's shorts and t-shirts."

Brandon Beane: "It's probably not an ideal situation to have a center battle and a QB battle at the same time. I believe you want to be strong up the middle in any sport." #Bills

Beane says the positions you can judge the most in minicamp are skill positions such as RB and WR. Stresses strong hands. But mentions everything is a little bit of "fool's gold" during minicamp. #Bills

Brandon Beane says you want a "diverse" WR group. Mix it up with size and speed. From what I saw through minicamp, it was Kelvin Benjamin and then everyone else moving up and down the depth chart. No clear front-runners heading into training camp. #Bills

Beane - Zay Jones should be close to returning for training camp. Looking forward to seeing him back out there. #Bills

Beane says Zay Jones won't just be thrown in with the 1s upon start of training camp. has to earn spot. Note he's only worked with Nathan Peterman. #Bills

Beane on Zay Jones: "Well first, we'll have to get him back in there, he's missed a lot reps... He'll jump in and have to earn it. He's not going to go to the front of the line, he'll have to earn it." #Bills

Beane - I think Josh has come in and has put his head down, following directions from the coaching staff. He's meshing well into the group. #Bills

Beane on Josh Allen: "He hasn't come in and assumed he expects to start or not to start... he's just meshed in the group (coaches included). He's embraced 'earn the right.'" #Bills

Brandon Beane echos what we've heard from Sean McDermott about Josh Allen: He's a sponge. Loves football and studying the game. Allen himself has said multiple times he's all football. #Bills

Beane - We've taken things cautiously with Trent Murphy, maybe more than he would have liked too. We thought the pro decision would be to give him plenty of time for his knee. We feel he'll be ready to roll. #Bills

Beane on Trent Murphy: "We probably took it very cautiously, maybe too cautiously for Trent... I have no doubt he'll be ready to roll." (Murphy is coming off an ACL injury) #Bills

Beane - We had a hole at MLB, a gaping need. Tremaine Edmunds has done a great job coming in, the vets have embraced him. It's been a trial by fire for him. #Bills

Beane - Star Lotulelei is a very selfless guy. He loves to take on the double and watch his teammates go to work. He's gonna be a big part of what we do on defense. #Bills

Beane - We'll keep an eye on what's out there, but there probably won't be a lot of movement around the league. We're still looking to do whatever to get better as a team. #Bills

Beane - We're always looking to win today and win tomorrow. If there's a move that can help us do that, we'll look to make that move. #Bills

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Surprise offseason standouts to know for all 32 NFL teams

Buffalo Bills

Quarterback Nathan Peterman
The 2017 fifth-round pick was an afterthought at best and a laughingstock at worst after his five-interception performance against the Chargers last season, but Peterman should be considered a serious contender for the starting job in Buffalo. He has rotated daily with AJ McCarron to lead the first-team offense, with rookie Josh Allen starting in minicamp to see periodic time with that group. Peterman has looked sharp, including Tuesday at minicamp, when he completed 10 of 13 passes in 11-on-11 drills and ended practice with a touchdown. -- Mike Rodak

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Minicamp Over, So What's Next For The Bills Players? | Buffalo Sports Page

by Greg Gabriel, Buffalo Sports Page NFL Expert

By the end of next week, all NFL clubs will have completed their off-season programs and they have five to six weeks off before reporting to training camp. The misnomer here is “off”, as no NFL player in today’s game can afford to take more than a few days off as he prepares for training camp.

Years ago training camp was used to get players in shape and ready for the season. That was one of the reasons double sessions took place and the NFL had six preseason games for each club. With the the off-season programs and OTA’s coming into play in the late 1990’s, coaches began offensive and defensive installation during the off-season programs as well as the physical preparation for the season by the players. Players come into camp in top shape and ready to go.

GETTING ROOKIES READY

WEIGHT WATCHING

GET IN THE PLAYBOOK

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12 SUPERLATIVES THAT DESCRIBE THE BILLS PLAYERS THIS OFFSEASON
Which players made themselves noticeable during spring OTAs and minicamp? Buffalobills.com put together a rundown of those who helped their cause heading into training camp.

1. Best first impression – Tremaine Edmunds
2. Best body change – John Miller
3. Most important newcomer – Vontae Davis

4. Best sense of humor – Tre’Davious White
5. Best community activist – Lorenzo Alexander
6. Best comeback story – Rod Streater
7. Most competitive position – Wide receiver
8. Top under the radar performer – Robert Foster
9. Most consistent quarterback - Nathan Peterman
10. Most improved – Shaq Lawson
11. Sleeper to root for – Owa Odighizuwa
12. Most impressive spring performer – Tre’Davious White

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Zay Jones being spoken of like an amazing talent that's worthy of just being given a starting WR spot is hilario. It really illustrates how horrid the WR depth is on this team.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This work week should fly by listening to all the trade rumors and draft talk on wgahahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe the nhl channel on the Sirius app will help me out.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Zay Jones being spoken of like an amazing talent that's worthy of just being given a starting WR spot is hilario. It really illustrates how horrid the WR depth is on this team.
Who is doing that? Every where I have seen, especially the team where it matters, says he will need to earn his spot. I’m as big of a Zay Jones fan as anybody and I’m not even sure he has a roster spot right now. There’s not a lot (none) of star wideouts on the team but I think there is enough talent to get by. I’m more concerned about the OL.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
The combination of Benjamin getting injured and DiMarco not making the easy catch on the 1st INT really hurt Peterman. The rest were mostly his fault, but I think it wouldn't have been such an embarassing showing if those 2 things didn't happen so early. He would have been shredded by SD Defense still, but not history making.

Reactions: Dingo44

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
The combination of Benjamin getting injured and DiMarco not making the easy catch on the 1st INT really hurt Peterman. The rest were mostly his fault, but I think it wouldn't have been such an embarassing showing if those 2 things didn't happen so early. He would have been shredded by SD Defense still, but not history making.
He was so blatantly instructed to do what Taylor wouldn’t, that I don’t look too much into that game as any sort of barometer. Right or wrong.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
It's not just one game with Peterman. His preseason tape where he was specifically put in pass blocking and talent positions to succeed was also bad, displaying the same awful pocket presence and ball protection. The only thing he had going for him was that he could make throws Tyrod can't, which hundreds of QBs can also do.

I hate the Allen pick like most, but the physical talent is there. McCarron/Peterman is wasting time with inferior talent.

Reactions: Top Pair Imposter

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Peterman was never NFL caliber. He's every "who knows" late round guy that never pans out, except the bills started him in a relevant game lol

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
For Harrison Phillips, the NFL Was Always His Why
ubcnidy4ggrqvmynangt.jpg

A young Harrison Phillips was singularly focused on one thing and one thing only. And every decision from age 12 on was made with that goal in mind.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Shaq Lawson has heard those trade rumors. And he's ready to...

By Matthew Fairburn

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y — On the first day of Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp last week, Shaq Lawson made a play he should have been making a lot more often since the team drafted him No. 19 overall in 2016.

The result of the play was simple: Lawson swatted a Nathan Peterman pass at the line of scrimmage. It was just one rep at practice and a play an athlete of Lawson’s caliber should make all the time. But it was how he made it that stood out. After practice, Lawson walked over to Peterman and told him he knew exactly what was coming.

“It was a boot play, and I actually knew the tendencies of the play from the whole OTA,” Lawson said. “I knew what the offense has been giving us, so I knew it was going to be a boot because the tight end blocked out and left me on an island. He wanted me to go all the way down. I just knew it was a boot at the time.”

DgKR5MzU0AAxgsf.jpg

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Ex-Bills GM Whaley named NFLPA's college scouting director

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley is taking over as the NFL Players Association's director of college scouting.

Whaley will oversee the recruitment, evaluation and selection of draft-eligible prospects to compete at the annual NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. He replaces Tony Softli, who left to become the Alliance of American Football's scouting director.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Joe B: A tad too early 2018 Buffalo Bills 53-man roster projection

(WKBW) - The spring workouts have come and gone for the Buffalo Bills, which means we're now just a little over one month away from the 2018 NFL season becoming a reality. It was a fast track once the draft finished up, and now the team has a full four weeks of work together behind them.

In those practices, we learned quite a bit about this version of the Bills. We got a pretty good glimpse into their thinking in a lot of different positions, and it even shed some light on what might happen at training camp.

We must always observe the cardinal rule of spring practices. Never get too high, or too low on a player after those practices because there is a 'fool's gold' factor to all of it. Many players shine in the spring and fade in the summer once the pads go on and the competition becomes more physical.

However, after the spring workouts, it opens up eyes to the idea of some players that were initially afterthoughts to potentially fighting for a roster spot.

And in the spirit of all of it, it's time for my annual 'a tad too early' 53-man roster projection. Here we go:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Ranking all 32 NFL head coaches: Belichick faces more competition than ever

18 Sean McDermott, Bills

Last year: 27
Record: 9-7, .563
Playoffs: 0-1
All McDermott did in his first season was break a playoff drought that extended back to 1999. He has created unbridled excitement in Buffalo heading into Year 2, especially if first-round pick Josh Allen turns out to be the answer at quarterback. McDermott, a career defensive coordinator before taking the Bills head coaching job, figures to have his approach balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad