Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
6 NOTABLE QUOTES FROM THE BILLS ROOKIE MINICAMP
051518--six-quotes-from-rookie-camp.jpg

From the sounds of things, the Bills rookies are energized by the opportunity to begin practice, workouts and meetings at One Bills Drive. Find out what Sean McDermott, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edwards, Harrison Phillips and others had to say about their first few days of work with the team.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
PFF's top 25 NFL players under 25 for 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

T6. TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE, CB, BUFFALO BILLS

White was ‘Part A’ of the two-part series known as ‘rookie corners to light the world on fire’ last season. The 2017 cornerback class as a whole is likely to be the gift that keeps on giving and as of right now, White is bringing home most of the early returns. His 92.0 overall grade as a rookie landed him at second among all cornerbacks. A coverage phenom, White forced incomplete passes on 24.1 percent of targets into his coverage, the sixth-highest rate among cornerbacks that played at least 400 snaps in coverage. He also only allowed a touchdown or a first down on just 26.4 percent of targets, the seventh-lowest rate. In total, he narrowly edge his counterpart for PFF’s Rookie of the Year honors, following the season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This team has loads of potential. We must upgrade the lines next year along with RB, WR and LB.

Edmunds has the potential to be a Brian Urlacher, London Fletcher type impact player for us. He can potentially be an elite top 5 linebacker who plays for 15 years. He doesn't turn 23 until after his third FULL NFL season. For the record Baker Mayfield is 23 and just got drafted first overall. So Edmunds can potentially have 48 NFL games under his belt at an age a lot of guys are just being drafted at. Redshirt/xfer, play all 4 years boom you are 23 years old.

I just love having the potential we do. White is already a high end corner, he has the potential to be top 3 at his position, he already has played a full year at an elite level. Edmunds like stated has Urlacher/Arrington potential and Allen is boom or bust. He's either out of the league before he signs a second contract or he's a pro bowl elite QB.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
This team has loads of potential. We must upgrade the lines next year along with RB, WR and LB.

Edmunds has the potential to be a Brian Urlacher, London Fletcher type impact player for us. He can potentially be an elite top 5 linebacker who plays for 15 years. He doesn't turn 23 until after his third FULL NFL season. For the record Baker Mayfield is 23 and just got drafted first overall. So Edmunds can potentially have 48 NFL games under his belt at an age a lot of guys are just being drafted at. Redshirt/xfer, play all 4 years boom you are 23 years old.

I just love having the potential we do. White is already a high end corner, he has the potential to be top 3 at his position, he already has played a full year at an elite level. Edmunds like stated has Urlacher/Arrington potential and Allen is boom or bust. He's either out of the league before he signs a second contract or he's a pro bowl elite QB.

Edmunds can be elite. Like Urlacher, wasn't the first LB off the board but has a ton of potential.

Hopefully no big sophmore slump for White. Power and Hyde are both 27. Milano looked good too.

My hope next year is that Shady digs deep in Bills lore and pulls out the Kwame Cavil dance:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Colts, Giants among those in need of good luck in '18

The Bills need ... AJ McCarron to hold down the fort in Buffalo. Many in the Football Cognoscenti believed that whichever team ended up selecting Josh Allen would be taking the draft's biggest gamble. The Bills turned out to be that team, picking the raw but undeniably talented Wyoming standout seventh overall. And while I don't profess to have the industry knowledge to state definitively that Allen should remain on the sideline with an earpiece and a clipboard this season, there's certainly logic to bringing along the organization's top prospect slowly. A lot of that will depend on McCarron -- and, I suppose, Nathan Peterman -- being able to play the game with some level of proficiency. Of course, the terrifying current state of the Bills' offensive line makes you wonder if that's even going to be possible.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It's crazy on the effect if social media on how teams and fan bases view players.

It came out Favre was in rehab facilities 3 times in his career. If that was now, I wonder if fans would turn on him. Dareus semi-went once and it seemed everyone hated him here.

Lawrence Taylor on social media back in the 90s would have been interesting. There's stories of other players knowing his alcohol issues that would send bottles of alcohol to his hotel room on Saturday nights to get him drunk and off his game the next day.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buffalo Bills cut all ties, release Richie Incognito from reserve/retired list

The odd story of the 2018 offseason for the Buffalo Bills and offensive lineman Richie Incognito has reached its conclusion. After previously saying that he would retire from the National Football League still with one year to go on his contract with the Bills, it appears that retirement won’t last long — at least not as it stands today.

However, his return just won’t be with the Buffalo Bills.

The team elected to release him from the reserve/retired list, which now means that Incognito will become an unrestricted free agent and will be able to sign with any team that he chooses. By releasing him, the bonus money the Bills had previously paid to the offensive lineman can no longer be recouped.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I don't understand the Incognito thing at all. The Bills took a chance on him and he rejuvenated his career here. I thought both player and management were content. I'm baffled by his 180 towards the Bills after the season ended.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
It seems he reconsidered the pay cut the Bills asked him to accept and become ticked off about it.
My theory is that the Bills and Incognito's agent worked on restructuring his contract without him realizing what was going on. Only way him firing his agent and leaving the team makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad