Buffalo Bills Talk 2017 part 2 (9-7): Next - The Offseason with First Round Picks at 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
I think if Tyrod can play like he did yesterday, (not amazing but solid), we might be able to snag a wildcard spot. McCoy will almost always perform but if we can get an average passing game, we might inch into the playoffs.

Regardless of what happens, I just want to watch Bills to play meaningful football in November and December.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Jets 1
@Panthers 0
Broncos 1
@Falcons .3
@Bengals .55
Bucs .55
Raiders .55
@Jets .75
Saints .55
@Chargers .45
@Chiefs .25
Patriots .35
Colts .6
Dolphins .55
@Patriots .25
@Dolphins .45

Total 8.15

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think they can go 8-3 or 7-4 before they play NE.

The lossession could be at kC, at ATL, and oAK. I think they can bear oakland at home and they can beat KC.

If they played KC at home I'd agree they would have a decent shot at winning. I think Buffalo matches up well with KC. It's your typical trap game that can go eitherway. That being said, teams rarely travel to arrowhead and leave with a victory, so I'd say the chance of Buffalo winning on the road is extremely low.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Denver might be the most quality opponent they've beaten since the Packers in 2014, the last time they had a good defense. You could argue the Colts home opener in '15 or the Brady-less Patriots, but they really haven't come by many wins over opponents with winning records in the past few seasons. That was a good start for this regime at the very least.

Shutting out the Pats 16-0 in Foxboro and causing the Sith Lord to throw and break his SurfacePro was a more satisfying win, IMO, even if Brady didn't play.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Denver might be the most quality opponent they've beaten since the Packers in 2014, the last time they had a good defense. You could argue the Colts home opener in '15 or the Brady-less Patriots, but they really haven't come by many wins over opponents with winning records in the past few seasons. That was a good start for this regime at the very least.
I'd put the Arizona win last year as a very similar type of game.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING: BILLS EARN HIGH MARKS FOR WEEK 3 PERFORMANCE
0926-wts-week-3.jpg

National media give out their weekly grades, awards and power rankings following the Week 3 games.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Beating a good team at home is one thing. Beating a good team on the road is another. It rarely happens for us.

The last time we beat a good team on the road was probably in 2014 against the Lions. That win felt great. (Beating the Pats in NE at the end of 2014 doesn't count).

I think we lose to Atlanta, but if the Bills do somehow pull out a win it would be the best team we've beat on the road in a long long time.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Beating a good team at home is one thing. Beating a good team on the road is another. It rarely happens for us.

The last time we beat a good team on the road was probably in 2014 against the Lions. That win felt great. (Beating the Pats in NE at the end of 2014 doesn't count).

I think we lose to Atlanta, but if the Bills do somehow pull out a win it would be the best team we've beat on the road in a long long time.

If Julio isn't go to go or is limited the Bills could keep this close

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Shutting out the Pats 16-0 in Foxboro and causing the Sith Lord to throw and break his SurfacePro was a more satisfying win, IMO, even if Brady didn't play.

:laugh: thanks, had to watch that clip again. Extremely satisfying, but in a cathartic way. I'd still take Denver in terms of quality.

I'd put the Arizona win last year as a very similar type of game.

That was a great win, although I was still pretty pessimistic about the defense after that clown show against the Jets.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Yeah and the stadium ran out of water in the first quarter. It was crazy I couldn't believe it.

That was rumor that Delaware North denies. Certain sections ran out but they were restocked eventually.

I think they underestimated how much they would need to give to employees. Certainly didn't help that the gate staff had to wear black pants. God knows why they didn't implement a temporary dress code. According to an usher, the NFL doesn't restrict that, so if that's true then they were stupid not to.

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
Jets 1
@Panthers 0
Broncos 1
@Falcons .3
@Bengals .55
Bucs .55
Raiders .55
@Jets .75
Saints .55
@Chargers .45
@Chiefs .25
Patriots .35
Colts .6
Dolphins .55
@Patriots .25
@Dolphins .45

Total 8.15

No partial points for winning! 55% chance of winning is basically a shrug. Make the call!

Hooray for ROUNDING

Jets 1
@Panthers 0
Broncos 1
@Falcons 0
@Bengals 1
Bucs 1
Raiders 1
@Jets 1
Saints 1
@Chargers 0
@Chiefs 0
Patriots 0
Colts 1
Dolphins 1
@Patriots 0
@Dolphins 0

Still 9-7 waaaaaaaaaaaah

That 3 game loss stretch from Chargers to Patriots feels so right, though.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
No partial points for winning! 55% chance of winning is basically a shrug. Make the call!

Hooray for ROUNDING

Jets 1
@Panthers 0
Broncos 1
@Falcons 0
@Bengals 1
Bucs 1
Raiders 1
@Jets 1
Saints 1
@Chargers 0
@Chiefs 0
Patriots 0
Colts 1
Dolphins 1
@Patriots 0
@Dolphins 0

Still 9-7 waaaaaaaaaaaah

That 3 game loss stretch from Chargers to Patriots feels so right, though.

You seem to have missed the point of the exercise.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
BILLS TODAY: FORMER NFL EXECUTIVE PRAISES THE BILLS
0927-bills-today.jpg

Longtime NFL executive Mike Lombardi offers his opinion on the Bills and the culture Sean McDermott is building in Buffalo plus defensive coordinator talks about facing a potent Atlanta offense.

TOP 6 STORYLINES FOR THE BILLS-FALCONS THIS WEEK
0927-bills-falcons-storylines.jpg

Sean McDermott and the Bills will travel to Atlanta in search of the team's first road win of the season. Check out everything you need to know about Sunday's matchup.

COFFEE WITH THE COACH PRESENTED BY TIM HORTONS (3:49)
Chris Brown and Head Coach Sean McDermott talk about Kicker Stephen Hauschka's big game against Denver, the Atlanta Falcons high powered offense, and a fan asks coach a question.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
PFF had some amazing good grade for Tyrod after Carolina. It's a joke formula they use to grade QBs.
I have no idea how that’s possible with the Carolina game included. I understand the notion of efficiency, and I acknowledge certain metrics and stats in football are way above my pay grade... but yikes.

Guess we’ll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad