Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo at Leafs @ 7pm Sat Nov 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What exactly has Robertson done to be outraged he isn't playing? I'll give you that he should be in the AHL right now, but otherwise he's been garbage. I got roasted for calling it as I see it early in the year when he had a few good pre-season games at the end but he doesn't impact the game in any way outside of his shot.

Kid has a lot to learn and has to get a lot better

Reactions: Ashdown2

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
What exactly has Robertson done to be outraged he isn't playing? I'll give you that he should be in the AHL right now, but otherwise he's been garbage. I got roasted for calling it as I see it early in the year when he had a few good pre-season games at the end but he doesn't impact the game in any way outside of his shot.

I agree with what you're saying. But NOW is the time to let him learn and figure it out. If you never play him, he'll never figure it out.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Leafs are having trouble with even strength scoring. we need someone to pot some goals 5 on 5. Kerfoot/Engvall are not those guys. Robertson with his shot and hustle can be that guy.

I think there are many things in additional to robertson not playing when leafs need 5 on 5 scoring leading to the frustrations for the Leafs fans but none bigger than this:

71eoqe.jpg

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen is the projected starter for the sabres
He is one of the baddest motherf***ers on earth to beat sire. He treally got gezame. Hard. That sucka was raised by the best.......... mayne that sucka hard. We have to be on our toes... tippy toes. And only then, we can prevail. 👍

Reactions: Cleetus

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs are having trouble with even strength scoring. we need someone to pot some goals 5 on 5. Kerfoot/Engvall are not those guys. Robertson with his shot and hustle can be that guy.

I think there are many things in additional to robertson not playing when leafs need 5 on 5 scoring leading to the frustrations for the Leafs fans but none bigger than this:

It should be Matthews.

Why Robertson isn't playing? My guess is Keefe doesn't like his practices.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Far more than what Kerfoot/Engvall has done so far. He's quite easily the best player between the 3 of them, he can't penalty kill so that's a minus for him but offensively he's absolutely better than those 2.

It's not a question of what has he done, it's a question of which 2 of 3 are most deserving of being played ? Robertson for sure, and take your choice between the other 2.

But he's being consistently scratched in favor of them, which is causing outrage.

Hyman is Babcock's son as Engvall is to Keefe + Dubas..
Except Hyman is a solid f***ing player and can play in all situations effectively.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Yes, this veteran team with cup aspirations and allegedly strong team defence can't insulate one young player on the left wing. Do you think Tampa would have any problem bringing Robertson into the top 9 and giving him minutes? Were they too scared to play young players like Coleman, Joseph, etc. for important shifts over milquetoast veterans? We just got stomped by New Jersey who had speed young players up and down the line-up.

Even if you don't see this guy as part of the solution, play him so he has some value to make a move for someone who can. Let's not add Robertson to the pile of players like Muzzin, Hyman, and Mikheyev who's value we let go to waste.

Reactions: Knies iT and theTTC

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

You're the king of the hot take.

After 1 pre season tournament game this year, you called Robertson a massive bust.

After his NHL preseason, and especially his 2 goal game vs. Dallas, you called him incredible (several times)

Now he's back to garbage.

Never change.

Reactions: theTTC and Tarmore

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Wouldn’t mind seeing a youth line like Steeves Holmberg and Robertson if they keep losing. Get some damn enthusiasm in the lineup. Engvall and Jarnkrok can sit.

On a side note, Sandin needs to remove his head from his ass.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
This sarcasm or the forwards really playing this well?

Haven't caught a game in like past 2 weeks so not sure how we're playing as while

The Teams getting pts which is nice tohugh
ATM Robertson needs to be stapled to JT's LW and be allowed to sink or swim, if he swims that's great for the Leafs, if he sinks he's worth the same as he is currently in a trade, which is as a project player.

Judging by what everyone including Keefe saw Robertson do in the pre-season he earned a spot, he played with lot's of energy, didn't take shifts off, didn't look out of place and put the puck into the net. The Leafs need more goals from the forwards group and the guys Sheldon is sticking with aren't doing it, not Engvall, not Jarnkrok, not Kerfoot, although you want to keep Kerfoot in because of his versatility, the line-up wouldn't suffer if you sat Engvall

Bunts - Matty - Will
Robbie - JT - MM
Kerfoot - Kampf - Simmons
ZAR - Holmberg - Jarnkrok/Malgin

and Bob's yer uncle

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Far more than what Kerfoot/Engvall has done so far. He's quite easily the best player between the 3 of them, he can't penalty kill so that's a minus for him but offensively he's absolutely better than those 2.

It's not a question of what has he done, it's a question of which 2 of 3 are most deserving of being played ? Robertson for sure, and take your choice between the other 2.

But he's being consistently scratched in favor of them, which is causing outrage.

Except Hyman is a solid f***ing player and can play in all situations effectively.

I mean those are two of our best Pkers that's why they are in the lineup not sure what is so hard to understand here

You're the king of the hot take.

After 1 pre season tournament game this year, you called Robertson a massive bust.

After his NHL preseason, and especially his 2 goal game vs. Dallas, you called him incredible (several times)

Now he's back to garbage.

Never change.

Put up or shut up for you on these assertions.

1. I've been calling Robertson meh for a while

2. I said he has played well in those games (and never once talked outside of those games).

3. I am being consistent

You think if I give credit when he plays well, that means I am a hypocrite?

Reactions: HolyCrap

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen is the projected starter for the sabres
Guy is going to shut the Leafs out, I can feel it, they just won't be able to score on this guy no matter what, no pucks will touch twine. This guy was once known as the "Shutout King of Espoo to Oulu and all points in between." Shutouts are what this guy does, his middle name is probably shutout for all we know!

Reactions: Cleetus

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Wouldn’t mind seeing a youth line like Steeves Holmberg and Robertson if they keep losing. Get some damn enthusiasm in the lineup. Engvall and Jarnkrok can sit.

On a side note, Sandin needs to remove his head from his ass.

This probably should have been the plan to start the season. Why pay Yarncrock and Engvall like 4mil, when you can have two guys making 975k take those spots

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Guy is going to shut the Leafs out, I can feel it, they just won't be able to score on this guy no matter what, no pucks will touch twine. This guy was once known as the "Shutout King of Espoo to Oulu and all points in between." Shutouts are what this guy does, his middle name is probably shutout for all we know!

Damn the don't wanna mess with the shutout king of oulu

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Once Keefe shakes up the lines again I'd like to see

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Engvall-Kerfoot-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-Malgin

Rielly-Benn
Giordano-Liljegren
Mete-Holl (Brodie back with Holl when he's healthy)

Reactions: Rude Dog

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You're the furthest from consistent.

From bust to fantastic to garbage in the span of 3 months.

The model of consistent..........Consistent bad takes.

Where is the fantastic quotes coming from? Only thing close was he played fantastic in a game. Never once changed my opinion the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad