Proposal: Buff/Cal/Col 3 way

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
PLD was what 21/22 when he was traded and had 1c potential, mittelstad is 25. Reinhart is a good comparable, and hes better than mittelstad at the time of trade (trade request sure, whatever), late 1st and a goalie prospect, thats worse than a flawed top 4 offensive D coming off 59 pts in barrie. I dont think im the one whose valuations off here.
The Kadri and Reinhart deals were examples of those teams selling low with obvious issues being involved in those deals. The thing that knee capped Adams in that deal wasn't the "trade request sure, whatever" it was Reinhart telling them if he went to RFA with the Sabres he planned on taking a one year deal and walking. Toronto committed huge money to Tavares and at that point the writing was on the wall for Kadri. His exploits in the post-season became part of the rationale and made him a tougher sell. On the other end of the spectrum LA paid a stupid price for a lazy, selfish, but talented top 6 center In Dubois, one that I expect many GM's cringed at. The idea should be to try and find a happy medium on these deals. I think most Sabres fans realize Mittelstadt alone isn't landing Andersson. You're absolutely correct in your assertion that top pairing D carry more value than 2nd line centers.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
The Kadri and Reinhart deals were examples of those teams selling low with obvious issues being involved in those deals. The thing that knee capped Adams in that deal wasn't the "trade request sure, whatever" it was Reinhart telling them if he went to RFA with the Sabres he planned on taking a one year deal and walking. Toronto committed huge money to Tavares and at that point the writing was on the wall for Kadri. His exploits in the post-season became part of the rationale and made him a tougher sell. On the other end of the spectrum LA paid a stupid price for a lazy, selfish, but talented top 6 center In Dubois, one that I expect many GM's cringed at. The idea should be to try and find a happy medium on these deals. I think most Sabres fans realize Mittelstadt alone isn't landing Andersson. You're absolutely correct in your assertion that top pairing D carry more value than 2nd line centers.
Idk why was thinking about the original jets cbj trade for PLD lol. Heres the thing tho, if PLD remained a 60 pt 2c (which he really shouldve), i dont think the kings paid that much. vilardi was talented but often injured, 2nds a 2nd iafallo is a 3rd line tweener and kupari has been just meh. Idk if thats paying a stupid price for a 2c, its the fact that PLD because a 40 pt guy that this trade became dumb, and that was more so because of the contract. I think jets prob also sold low on PLD because the dude was a total diva and probably only accepted extensions at a hand full of places.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
It’s a tough ask to take 2 centers of Buffalo’s current roster. Cozens + less important stuff for Anderson could work, though, presuming he’d be interested in signing long-term in Buffalo.
I’d do that. Then just sign Mittelstadt longer term to replace cozens. I’d actually prefer to keep Mitts over Cozens, but that’s just me. I’ve always seen cozens as more of a 3C long term and think Mittelstadt has consistently been one of buffalo’s best players since the 2nd half of last season (though I admit I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of a Sabres game in over a month now).

But let’s be real here. Kevyn Adams is still our GM. Could you actually see him making a trade like this? Seems like he only makes big trades when he’s absolutely forced to (Eichel, Reinhart) and Cozens is under contract for 6-7 more years. I think Mittelstadt is the more likely trade candidate since he’s RFA and running out of team control. Adams can sell it as a move he had to make (to play it safer and absolve blame, at least in Terry’s eyes, if the trade doesn’t work out).

Reactions: elchud

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I kind of think we have 3 top pairing/all situation defensemen in Weegar, Hanifin and Andersson. There probably aren't 32 defensemen better than them, but they are all in the back half of that 32 somewhere.
Yeah, I suspect if they were ranked they'd be 20-40 on almost every list, low #1 to high #2. Which is why I wanted to be able to keep all 3, with hopes we re-sign Kylington and he pushes himself into that group too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’d do that. Then just sign Mittelstadt longer term to replace cozens. I’d actually prefer to keep Mitts over Cozens, but that’s just me. I’ve always seen cozens as more of a 3C long term and think Mittelstadt has consistently been one of buffalo’s best players since the 2nd half of last season (though I admit I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of a Sabres game in over a month now).

But let’s be real here. Kevyn Adams is still our GM. Could you actually see him making a trade like this? Seems like he only makes big trades when he’s absolutely forced to (Eichel, Reinhart) and Cozens is under contract for 6-7 more years. I think Mittelstadt is the more likely trade candidate since he’s RFA and running out of team control. Adams can sell it as a move he had to make (to play it safer and absolve blame, at least in Terry’s eyes, if the trade doesn’t work out).
With the wide range of reactions to my idea of Cozens, Krebs & Bryson for Andersson from just Sabres fans (from hell no, to yes, to it'd make us think), I think I might make a thread on that idea to get more reactions.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
With the wide range of reactions to my idea of Cozens, Krebs & Bryson for Andersson from just Sabres fans (from hell no, to yes, to it'd make us think), I think I might make a thread on that idea to get more reactions.
Doesnt make much sense. Andersson would need pp time to be as effective as he is and hes not getting it from dahlin and if he gets it over power then we just pissed away a huge contract on power. We need a defensively responsibility oriented guy with some jam to his game. This isn't Anderson at all. Let alone giving up a guy like cozens. It makes no sense for the sabres which means it'll likely happen lol

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Doesnt make much sense. Andersson would need pp time to be as effective as he is and hes not getting it from dahlin and if he gets it over power then we just pissed away a huge contract on power. We need a defensively responsibility oriented guy with some jam to his game. This isn't Anderson at all. Let alone giving up a guy like cozens. It makes no sense for the sabres which means it'll likely happen lol
Andersson actually generates more on the rush than the PP, his skating and puck control are very underrated. We seem to cycle through him, Hanifin and Weegar on PP1 while the other 2 play PP2, recently its been Andersson and Weegar on PP2. Also, I was thinking of you when I put down hell no as a response lol

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Andersson actually generates more on the rush than the PP, his skating and puck control are very underrated. We seem to cycle through him, Hanifin and Weegar on PP1 while the other 2 play PP2, recently its been Andersson and Weegar on PP2. Also, I was thinking of you when I put down hell no as a response lol
That we for the insight and all good. I dont see the fit personally but I never presume to talk for other Sabres fans. Id rather swing higher for weegar or lower for tanev as they seem like better fits. Cheers man!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That we for the insight and all good. I dont see the fit personally but I never presume to talk for other Sabres fans. Id rather swing higher for weegar or lower for tanev as they seem like better fits. Cheers man!
I get it, I just think the varied reactions have been interesting and could lead to fun discussions.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

I highly doubt Weegar would be moved. He isn't so good to be untouchable but he would be close without a massive overpayment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad