Proposal: BUF-OTT

crazyroyal12

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
BUF: Mike Hoffman

OTT: Alex Nylander

Obviously Hoffman’s value is not what it was a week ago but he is still a consistent 25-30 goal scorer and there is definitely value there. Nylander hasn’t come close to living up to expectations and I think would benefit from possibly playing on a less talented Ottawa team next year where he could have lots of opportunity.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
BUF: Mike Hoffman

OTT: Alex Nylander

Obviously Hoffman’s value is not what it was a week ago but he is still a consistent 25-30 goal scorer and there is definitely value there. Nylander hasn’t come close to living up to expectations and I think would benefit from possibly playing on a less talented Ottawa team next year where he could have lots of opportunity.
Opportunity is not the issue in Buffalo. We have literally no wingers. If he can't crack the Sabres lineup than he will have a hard time cracking any lineup.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I would do this from a Sabres' perspective....if his girlfriend is included in the deal...Ottawa would have to throw in a 3rd round draft pick.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Both sides in this trade are hard to value. Nylander hasn't performed up to expectations but has some good tools and is young. Hoffman has the whole weird Karlsson situation.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'd probably do it. I think some of this drama around Hoffman's fiance and Karlsson's wife is a bit overblown (at least as it pertains to Hoffman himself). I think Ottawa has to move him just to clear the air in that locker room though. So that certainly puts them in a position where they'll likely get less than "fair value" for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad