Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MTL] Nathan Beaulieu for 2017 3rd round pick

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think this is a Reinhart-lite deal. Initially it looks like a steal, but a year from now MB will look smart for getting what he did.

NHL player with some upside for a pick that has a very low likelihood of amounting to anything at the pro level. Hard not to characterize this as a win for Buffalo. If Housely can get more out of Beaulieu than the Habs did, it's a steal. If we get little out of him and have to cut our losses, we basically lost nothing.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
On a further note, I am sure some habs fans overvalued Beaulieu, but let's be honest, a 3rd Rounder is pretty low.

If this unloading doesn't culminate in acquiring a D that we're protecting, I think it's fair to say this ship is rudderless...

Agreed

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Come back to me during the season when Beaulieu committed his 107th turnover.

I've watched almost all the Buffalo games from the last 2 years and witnessed the beauty of Gorges pretty well.

It should be easy choice for Housley between the 2.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Meh, never been that big on Beaulieu but we shall see. Does picking up Bealieu prevent Buffalo from going defense in the 1st round this year?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Meh, never been that big on Beaulieu but we shall see. Does picking up Bealieu prevent Buffalo from going defense in the 1st round this year?

With Housely now at the helm coaching it looks like were going to the 5 man attack model.
A lot depends on any Vegas deals we may have in the works. But I've got to believe as of now, D would still be the target.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If Davidson gets drafted and the Sens (or someone) signs Markov, what's the backup plan for Montreal?

Emelin, Petry, Benn and Weber as the top-4?

Maybe sign Del Zotto as a puck mover?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He'll be 39 in December. He can still play very good hockey.

He's been a terrific player, for sure, but young Dmen take time to develop. What up and coming Dmen are going to be taking his place? It would be pretty silly to rely on Markov for much longer, if at all.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
He's been a terrific player, for sure, but young Dmen take time to develop. What up and coming Dmen are going to be taking his place? It would be pretty silly to rely on Markov for much longer, if at all.

There is no required maximum age limit to play in the NHL. Julien will have to reduce is ice time maybe but apart from that, he's good to go.

People are also forgetting that Jerabek is in the lineup this fall. When they contracted him, it spelled the end for Beaulieu.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
If Davidson gets drafted and the Sens (or someone) signs Markov, what's the backup plan for Montreal?

Emelin, Petry, Benn and Weber as the top-4?

Maybe sign Del Zotto as a puck mover?

Markov has played his entire career in Montreal. His kids have just lost their mother (his ex-wife) and had to move from Russia. He's not uprooting them again for a few hundred thousand dollars. The Habs need him; they'll get him signed.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
we can sign one of alzner, del zotto, shattenkirk (not a fit RD)

We can make trades with Vegas for someone (Derrick pouliot example)

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
There is no required maximum age limit to play in the NHL. Julien will have to reduce is ice time maybe but apart from that, he's good to go.

People are also forgetting that Jerabek is in the lineup this fall. When they contracted him, it spelled the end for Beaulieu.

It'll be interesting to see who will be eating Markov's reduced minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad