Rumor: Buf-LA

Mikeyc1983

Jan 6, 2013
According to Eklund:

"*Hearing the Kings and Sabres are talking about a deal which could send Jordon Leopold to LA for a forward...(e4)"

I'll believe it when I see it. But what kind of LA forward would you like in exchange for Leopold?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Stoll? Who they just re-signed after winning the Cup? No chance.

Further evidence that Ek knows jack. LA has a ton of defensemen in their system. They're not trading an asset for Leo.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Further evidence that Ek knows jack. LA has a ton of defensemen in their system. They're not trading an asset for Leo.

Doesn't seem like the LA board has faith that any of them are ready though. Most seem convinced that they need to deal for a defenseman.

Mikeyc1983

Jan 6, 2013

I agree. I'm guessing Colin Fraser and a late draft pick. At Best :pout:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

QFT

I can post more logical rumors... watch :

"*Hearing the Oilers and Sabres are talking about a deal which could send Jordon Leopold to Edmonton for a forward...(J4)"

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Kings fan here.

I spend the majority of my time following our prospects and most of our fans don't have the same amount of time/access so base their opinions of our kids on the chances that they have to see them during call ups or camp(s).

We have a couple of NHL ready kids in our system and camp will prove that out. We also have Davis Dreweski (who has been our 7th Dman for the past few years and does a very commendable job) who is more than capable of stepping in until Willie M gets back. He has filled in for WM before and so I can't see us worrying too much about things early on.

Anything can happen and we do have a glut of bottom 6ers who are very capable that I could see us moving for the right piece(s). Stoll isn't likely going anywhere and I can almost promise that it wouldn't be for Leopold if he were unless you guys were adding a ton and that wouldn't make any sense.

We have waived Cliche who is not only NHL ready but is a solid locker room guy with good leadership qualities to boot.

If I were in your guys position though I would be after Bud Holloway. He would have been on our team all of last year but took some bad advice and ended up in the SEL where he ended up the leading scorer and is doing the same again this year. He hits hard, has great hands, can finish and is a very good guy to boot.

He would be the Kings asset that I would target if I needed a bottom 6er and since he is unlikely to play for the Kings could be had for a early mid round pick (3rd/early 4rth) more than likely. We also have Oscar Moller who is playing solid hockey in EU and was a good young player for the Kings while he was in LA.

We have several other players who could fit into your needs. How does signing Hecht impact your need for another bottom 6er?

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Not that I believe this rumor, but Eklund did break a story during the lockout. Granted, even a blind squirrel does find a nut once in a while, he did get props from Bob McKenzie and the like for it. Maybe Ek has stepped his game up, or maybe he just go tlucky.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If there's a forward...Loktionov is likely available. From what I understand he's kinda been the odd man out in a numbers game, but could do well in another system.

But I don't think the Kings need Leopold. They have a good mix of D. Voynov and Doughty are stud PMDs, and Martinez is not bad either. And they've got the defensive D-men too.

So unless they are making major moves (why?), or have a ton of injuries...Leopold doesn't make sense.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Ek seems to have improved his sources drastically over the last year (he is still out to sea on a lot of rumors mind you...).

I just cant see Jordan Leopold being on Ek's radar unless he is hearing something directly from a source affiliated with BUF or LA somehow...

If there is any truth to this I would love to pull a guy like Dwight King out of LA for Leopold - Maybe LA adds a mid-level pick?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If there's a forward...Loktionov is likely available. From what I understand he's kinda been the odd man out in a numbers game, but could do well in another system.

But I don't think the Kings need Leopold. They have a good mix of D. Voynov and Doughty are stud PMDs, and Martinez is not bad either. And they've got the defensive D-men too.

So unless they are making major moves (why?), or have a ton of injuries...Leopold doesn't make sense.

King fan here Willie Mitchell has a injury that will force him out for a undertermined length of time. The kings don't feel they have the replacement for him long term in house. I think Leopold would be the right fit in la. I would be comfortable tradeing Lokti as ur right he is the odd man out in the center spot. Also if ur looking for a winger richardson would be available. Hes more of a jack of all trades master of none sorta good defensive player for ur pk

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
not sure why the sabres would trade a top 4 nhl defensemen... for a bottom line AHLer (loki)

now... dwight king on the other hand.... deal

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I heard this on TFP too, but I'm not sure if they're just parroting Ek.

Do the Kings even need defense? Their top four is set, Voynov is Sekera-esque, and they're already putting 3ish on their bottom pairing with Greene. I don't see them having any need for Leo.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Last i saw Lotki was playing top line mins in the ahl. I would think something like richardson and Lokti for Leopold and a 4th sounds good to me

you can have Adam Pardy if all you are going to offer is scraps

you don't get a 20 minute/30 pt/all situations defensemen who is still in his prime years... for your 4th line and AHL scrubs...

lets be serious

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I heard this on TFP too, but I'm not sure if they're just parroting Ek.

Do the Kings even need defense? Their top four is set, Voynov is Sekera-esque, and they're already putting 3ish on their bottom pairing with Greene. I don't see them having any need for Leo.

again mitchell is hurt with a knee injury and is said to be out for a undetermined length of time. I see the defensive pairing moving up a spot and leopold sliding in the 6th spot

making the kings defense

Doughty suderi
voynov greene
martinez leopold
drewiski/muzzin

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
The rumor stems from Mitchell being out for a few weeks at the minimum, and the Kings need a replacement for him. If a deal like this does happen (I don't think it will), I can see something like Richardson + a late pick for Leopold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad