Confirmed Trade: [BUF/CHI] Alex Nylander for Henri Jokiharju

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why is it that so many of you can't grasp that Jokiharju was a locker room cancer? They had to move him out.

This is not true at all.

Joker was moved because they were/are higher on Boqvist/Mitchell.

They also saw Nylander as having the potential to be a upgrade long term at forward.

Judge this trade in 2 years not 25 games. I believe this will be win-win for both teams long term.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This is not true at all.

Joker was moved because they were/are higher on Boqvist/Mitchell.

They also saw Nylander as having the potential to be a upgrade long term at forward.

Judge this trade in 2 years not 25 games. I believe this will be win-win for both teams long term.
Yeah, I think it's going to take Nylander a bit of time. He has some Patrick Sharp to his game. You see flashes of it right now. He'd probably have 5-10 more points if Toews and Saad were playing better than they are currently.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I think it's going to take Nylander a bit of time. He has some Patrick Sharp to his game. You see flashes of it right now. He'd probably have 5-10 more points if Toews and Saad were playing better than they are currently.

I agree but he needs to finish as well.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's the truth. I've never seen a player b*tch more than Jokiharju. Kid was way out of line. Such a whiny baby.
You tend to stretch the truth a bit when it's in your favor, but this is an outright lie. Joki was upset he was sent to the WJC instead of sticking with his team. Zero issue with that. He wasn't complaining near like you're making it out to be.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Just a bit of speculation on my part, but I think the Hawks like Mitchell more than Jokiharju and he threatened not to sign if Jokiharju was still here. The Hawks D pipeline is still loaded.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
A 19 year old locker cancer that has thrived in Buffalo. He played 38 games in Chicago

How weak is chicago's leadership that a 19 year old who played 38 games can be a locker room cancer? Sounds suspicious

Its like how the Sabres traded away Conn Smythe winner and Stanley Cup champion Ryan O Reilly.

O Reillys desire to win hockey games and play in the playoffs was upsetting the Sabres leadership group.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
A 19 year old locker cancer that has thrived in Buffalo. He played 38 games in Chicago

How weak is chicago's leadership that a 19 year old who played 38 games can be a locker room cancer? Sounds suspicious
I think he's joking, many sabres fans we're saying the exact same thing when RoR was moved

Reactions: Stubu

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
I think he's joking, many sabres fans we're saying the exact same thing when RoR was moved
Its like how the Sabres traded away Conn Smythe winner and Stanley Cup champion Ryan O Reilly.

O Reillys desire to win hockey games and play in the playoffs was upsetting the Sabres leadership group.
I think Hasek was a locker room cancer too when they traded him to Buffalo ..

Reactions: NOTENOUGHBREWER

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think they gave Jokiharju away, but Nylander is a project. A high end one, but still a project. That being said, you can't acquire underperforming former top 10 picks without giving value in return. Look at how hard of a time Edmonton has had moving Puljujarvi.

No one who's actually good is afraid of having to compete against talent for ice time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad