Proposal: BUF and NJ

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
To BUF: Alexander Holtz or Erik Huala
To NJ: Mattias Samuelsson

Just wondering with the acquisition of Byram if that might make Samuelsson available.

Huala/Holtz would replace the departing Olofsson.

Samuelsson has a game that none of the other Sabres top defenders play and is locked into a tremendously valuable long-term deal.

No chance they consider this.

They have a thousand top wing prospects waiting to go to replace Olofsson…who I’m not sure actually “needs to be replaced” anyways if the Sabres are trying to get better.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Doesn’t make sense for Buffalo. Samuelsson and Byram are wildly different types of defensemen. Acquiring Byram has nothing to do with Samuelsson. The Sabres also only played Olofsson when they didn’t have any other viable choice last season. They’re absolutely not looking to replace him with a similar player. His roster spot will either go to a prospect or a more conventional bottom 6 forward they pick up this summer.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Just wondering with the acquisition of Byram if that might make Samuelsson available.

Why would Ruff want Holtz! The guy stapled him to the bench here in Jersey. Is this you punking us? Really, he's the last player Lindy would take from our squad!

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
No interest in trading Samuelsson,but looking at Haula's usage, he seems like a guy Lindy may want to bring with him. What's his value?
Pretty sure he has a full no trade for now and I think he probably did that because he was tired of moving teams every 6 months. Don't think Haula is going anywhere. I probably wouldn't have included him in the OP to begin with

Reactions: My3Sons

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Hoe does this help buffalo with s bunch of high frsfted winners better than holtz?

• Wow
Reactions: Xirik

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Samuelsson has a game that none of the other Sabres top defenders play and is locked into a tremendously valuable long-term deal.

No chance they consider this.

They have a thousand top wing prospects waiting to go to replace Olofsson…who I’m not sure actually “needs to be replaced” anyways if the Sabres are trying to get better.
Came here to say something like this except yes Olofsson needs to and will be replaced by a younger cheaper and better option.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Value seems way off for Buffalo. Holtz has very little value imo.

I really like Holtz from not only his draft year but watching way too many Utica games over his time there. He could make someone a nice 2nd line shot option and yeah, probably got ridden too hard by Ruff this year. But Buffalo isn't that team. They already have a potential shot option forward in Kulich, another wing option in Savoie, Rosen, Ostlund, and then it gets a bit deeper into the weeds with a guy like Neuchev who put up a real solid 2nd half to his AHL season. They're chock full of wingers.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Why would Ruff want Holtz! The guy stapled him to the bench here in Jersey. Is this you punking us? Really, he's the last player Lindy would take from our squad!
You think he wouldn’t want him because he doesn’t like him

I say he would want him because he REALLY doesn’t like him.

What better way to get your new team on your side than to import a whipping boy instead of choosing one of them?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00