Confirmed Trade: [BUF/ANA] Austin Strand for Chase Priskie

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Odd trade. Both 26yo right-shot AHL defensemen. Strand is slightly larger. Wonder what the thinking is here.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Good for SoFla's Priskie. This gets him to the NHL quickly. No way he can't crack that joke lineup as a regular

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Good for SoFla's Priskie. This gets him to the NHL quickly. No way he can't crack that joke lineup as a regular

I'm going to assume this is a poor attempt at trolling.

If not, then please let me direct you to the standings, where you'll find your utterly shambolic team is below Buffalo's joke of one.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm going to assume this is a poor attempt at trolling.

If not, then please let me direct you to the standings, where you'll find your utterly shambolic team is below Buffalo's joke of one.

I'm pretty sure the post was referring to Anaheim as having the joke of the roster (the team acquiring Priskie).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Always really liked Strand, still have a soft spot for him. Very vanilla guy who should have a spot as at least a #7, shouldn't hurt you much. Hope he sticks around somewhere. If not, I'd like him back :laugh:

Buffalo still trying to ice the largest team of all time, even their scratches are bigger than our regular dmen

Reactions: Telos

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Odd trade. Both 26yo right-shot AHL defensemen. Strand is slightly larger. Wonder what the thinking is here.

Buffalo saves a little cash. Priskie was making 350K in the minors while Strand gets 200K. With ~20% of the season remaining, that's about a $30,000 savings. Might not seem like much, but I'm sure the owner doesn't mind saving money on a minor league spot.

On talent Priskie is probably a little better than Strand and Anaheim might use him as a cheap NHL body after they've dealt Klingberg and Kulikov today.

LD: Fowler-Beaulieu-Benoit-Harrington-White-Del Zotto
RD: Shattenkirk-Sustr-Priskie

injured: Drysdale-Vaakanainen-Moore

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Buffalo saves a little cash. Priskie was making 350K in the minors while Strand gets 200K. With ~20% of the season remaining, that's about a $30,000 savings. Might not seem like much, but I'm sure the owner doesn't mind saving money on a minor league spot.

On talent Priskie is probably a little better than Strand and Anaheim might use him as a cheap NHL body after they've dealt Klingberg and Kulikov today.

LD: Fowler-Beaulieu-Benoit-Harrington-White-Del Zotto
RD: Shattenkirk-Sustr-Priskie

injured: Drysdale-Vaakanainen-Moore
I really don't think this deal was made to save $30k. The Amerks are still fighting for a playoff spot, and I know management views that as important. They must like something Strand brings to the table. I just don't know what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad