NBA Bucks fire Adrian Griffin, replaced by Doc Rivers

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well that's odd. wasn't he giannis's choice too?

i wonder if he was just impossible to work with, considering the way terry stotts resigned as one of his assistants before the season even began

but lol @ bringing in doc. enjoy blowing a 3-1 lead in the playoffs

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
He must of f***ed up somehow. That's crazy.

Why on earth anyone would hire Doc Rivers is beyond me. Dude is overrated. They're better off re-hiring Bud or something.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Speaks to the talent on that roster given they're 30-13 yet apparently Terry Stotts walked on Griffin and they allegedly stopped playing his defensive scheme after 10 games. Yet him getting canned while the likes of Jason Kidd and Darvin Ham still have jobs leads me to believe there has to be more to this.

Fire him if you must, but for the love of god don't f***ing replace him with Doc.

Sep 19, 2008
The Bucks are 30-13 and entered Tuesday night's games No. 2 in the Eastern Conference; that's the best winning percentage for a team that fired its head coach during a season since David Blatt with the Cavaliers in 2015-16.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The Bucks are 30-13 and entered Tuesday night's games No. 2 in the Eastern Conference; that's the best winning percentage for a team that fired its head coach during a season since David Blatt with the Cavaliers in 2015-16.
Now, now, hopefully Screamin A Smith avoids talking about how race had everything to do with this firing.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hiring rookie HCs to coach teams with title aspirations will never make sense to me. same exact thing in LA with the lakers/darvin ham

passing on nick nurse for griffin was a major f*** up

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
well that's odd. wasn't he giannis's choice too?

i wonder if he was just impossible to work with, considering the way terry stotts resigned as one of his assistants before the season even began

but lol @ bringing in doc. enjoy blowing a 3-1 lead in the playoffs
I think they brought Giannis into the process and he signed off on it, but I don't think he was 'his choice'

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Nick Nurse was the prize catch last summer.

There were reports of Bobby Portis absolutely losing it on this dude at practice awhile back. When veterans like Portis turn on coaches, it's a wrap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad