Injury Report: Buchnevich out 4-6 weeks with broken thumb

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He has 0 pts in 11 games @will1066 - it`s time for either Chytil or Lias to play some top 6 minutes while Zucc is out too with injury. :)
Well I don`t mind V. Lettieri effort, but not all can be natural top 6 players in NHL.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He has 0 pts in 11 games @will1066 - it`s time for either Chytil or Lias to play some top 6 minutes while Zucc is out too with injury. :)
Well I don`t mind V. Lettieri effort, but not all can be natural top 6 players in NHL.

Agree to disagree

Reactions: Ori

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
4 to 6 weeks. He will be back in early December. Unlike concussion he will be able to train and skate. Sucks but not the end of the earth.
But the thumb is the most important digit on the hand? This is devastating.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

That's because he's wasted on the fourth line with McLord. Put him with talented players and watch him start piling up the points.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Agree to disagree
Fine well steak and peroni on me later this evening and I might catch the game live even though it`s late for me. I cant promise anything even though I miss to watch a live hockey game especially when Nucks & Rangers are on the ice. It should be an entertaining game and who knows who will win with Henrik in goal. :)

Reactions: will1066

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
4 to 6 weeks. He will be back in early December. Unlike concussion he will be able to train and skate. Sucks but not the end of the earth.

4 weeks is December 10, so unless he comes back early... it wouldn't be "mid" December.

Still, it's just too bad that he was finally playing with some real intensity and this happens. If it takes a month to form new habits, he hadn't quite gotten there yet.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I sympathize with the kid. The talent was there; he was starting to put it all together. Looking forward to his return! Butch 2.0 was a pleasure to watch! As others have pointed out, this would be a good opportunity for #72, but I don't know if he's ready for second-line responsibilities. We'll see.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I sympathize with the kid. The talent was there; he was starting to put it all together. Looking forward to his return! Butch 2.0 was a pleasure to watch! As others have pointed out, this would be a good opportunity for #72, but I don't know if he's ready for second-line responsibilities. We'll see.

If he's not, then send him down already.

I don't mean to make everyone uncomfortable, but he's a year away from being Puljujarvi. And we're doing exactly the same thing with Chytil that Edmonton did with Puljujarvi.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
4 weeks is December 10, so unless he comes back early... it wouldn't be "mid" December.

Still, it's just too bad that he was finally playing with some real intensity and this happens. If it takes a month to form new habits, he hadn't quite gotten there yet.

Counting from the last game on 11/10 four weeks gets you to 12/8 so still "early" December. ;)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Counting from the last game on 11/10 four weeks gets you to 12/8 so still "early" December. ;)

It'll almost for sure be closer to 6 than 4. They'd be wise to air on the side of caution and give him as much time to let that thumb heal as possible. The last thing you want is to rush him back and re-injure it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It'll almost for sure be closer to 6 than 4. They'd be wise to air on the side of caution and give him as much time to let that thumb heal as possible. The last thing you want is to rush him back and re-injure it.

*err not air

But it really depends on how quickly it heals. If erring on the side of caution is letting him set another 2 weeks, and he heals very quickly, it might end up being closer to 4 weeks than 6. I agree they should be cautious, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad