Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
holy overreaction. its a message board. you aren't Doug Armstrong, chill.

I know damn well I’m not (holy strawman Batman to you as well). I just want people making all of these ridiculous additions to proposals that are never going to happen (i.e. switch from the topic of Buchnevich to Robert Thomas - our only pure untouchable - getting traded for shit, Bolduc being a throw-in for Montreal’s fifth round pick, along with our firsts and Kyrou, all of the Parayko trades for your overpaid shit, etc., etc., and so forth), oh, I don’t know, research our f***ing team before you use us as your personal farm team? I don’t think it’s too much to ask, is it?

Reactions: blueswede22

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I know damn well I’m not (holy strawman Batman to you as well). I just want people making all of these ridiculous additions to proposals that are never going to happen (i.e. switch from the topic of Buchnevich to Robert Thomas - our only pure untouchable - getting traded for shit, Bolduc being a throw-in for Montreal’s fifth round pick, along with our firsts and Kyrou, all of the Parayko trades for your overpaid shit, etc., etc., and so forth), oh, I don’t know, research our f***ing team before you use us as your personal farm team? I don’t think it’s too much to ask, is it?
That's a bit of an overreaction! ;)

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I’m a Blues fan and I agree.

I always get a kick out of people who act like it’s their full-time job to discuss these trade proposals. If they make you that mad, just avoid this forum and don’t click on the threads. It’s not that hard lol.
Yeah, it’s just lovely here. I come here to see Blues info. I’m a Blues fan who wants to see actual Buchnevich discussion. I - and I’m pretty sure a fair few Columbus, Arizona/Utah, and other smaller market team fans who come here feel similar, if not the same (apologies if I missed any team; it is not my intent to offend, but that’s mostly what I see in discussions) - just get tired of the usual crap (someone from another team makes a shitty offer for other team’s player, or - worse still - asks for a star player for scraps, people explain why they don’t want to make the trade for legitimate reasons politely - or not; again, their right if it’s a shitty offer, guy who made the offer denigrates said player that they very clearly want and say that they would be “lucky to get a better offer for them”, etc.)

That’s been seen in the Buchnevich convo alone. I don’t come here to see juvenile high school bullshit. If you do and say this is okay, I don’t know what to tell you.

That's a bit of an overreaction! ;)

Maybe just a bit. But then again, it’s something I’m just tired of. I don’t want to relive my high school days.

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Honestly I could see it, not that trade specifically but would it surprise me if a trade between the Leafs andBlues happen that saw Buch, Parayko and Marner involved?

No I think Toronto is going to make some BIG changes and there were rumours of Parayko, and Buch being moved at the deadline, and one of the teams mentioned, at least for Parayko was Toronto.

A Leafs/Blues blockbuster wouldn't be totally surprising

Armstrong’s post season presser pretty much indicated they aren’t bottoming out.

Trading Parayko would be the quickest way to bottom out.

Let’s also ask, why would the Blues want to swap Buch who is flexible at all 3 forward positions for Marner to extend at an extremely high cap hit when you already have Kyrou signed long term and Snuggerud coming up?

I’m not doubting that Marner is a fantastic player who could fetch something like this.

But the Blues aren’t in a position to do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad