Bruins vs. Capitals

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I really don't have any problem with that story at all.

TJ throws a big clean hit.
McQuaid doesn't have a problem it, but Krug decides to play tough guy and goes after Oshie.
McQuaid sees it and goes after Oshie to protect Krug. Oshie doesn't back down, but the veteran fighter McQuaid doesn't really go all-in on TJ, only starting to swing after it's clear that Oshie is willing to fight.
It's not like Lucic instigating things after being hit by non-fighters.

Expecting a lot of physical stuff in the season.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Clean hit or not, that was a lot of steps to take a run at a guy. Anyone who's played at a semi decent level knows if you get hit like that you usually get up looking for a number.

Krug did what most teammates would do and goes over to say something to Oshie. You think McQuaid was going to let that slide? I don't think so, he may have seemed totally fine with the hit but he caught the number and weather or not Krug got involved McQuaid would have sorted TJ out later on for the hit.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I thought Tom Wilson wasn't allowed to fight in pre-season by Barry Trotz?

AHL is full of some very good heavyweights, who usually get chances during the pre-season. Makes completely sense that coach doesn't want his 21-year old PWF who plays top-9 role in the NHL to engage with them in meaningless games.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Yeah, you should always watch your back after throwing a clean hit. Such a terrible thing to have in this league. After channeling my inner Don Cherry, I'm tempted to make a comment about the attire those who object to clean hits should wear, but I simply detest sparkly smoking jackets, and ties with volume control dials, so the Inner Don is going back to sleep

biggest farce in hockey.

Tons of clean hits have the intent to actually injure, tons of clean hits are reckless, and tons of clean hits do lead to injuries.

borderline or totally clean, it threw Mcquaid very awkwardly into the boards, and for a meaningless preseason game and guy coming off a few injury plagued seasons, its get a response.

just because a hit is clean, as in not against the rules or not a penalty, it doesn't mean its not dirty.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That's great. Weren't saying that when Orr, McLaren, Fraser and Brown were on the team. The Leafs have moved on from those players however.

Then maybe he should be picking on tougher guys than Oshie :laugh:

I'd hardly say he was "picking on Oshie" - He responded to a hit he didn't like, and took it easy on Oshie.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'd hardly say he was "picking on Oshie" - He responded to a hit he didn't like, and took it easy on Oshie.

He responded to Krug jumping in to to defend him and beat the snot out of a guy way out of his weight class. Take a run at Oshie later and if Oshie is feeling tough he'll come at him.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He responded to Krug jumping in to to defend him and beat the snot out of a guy way out of his weight class. Take a run at Oshie later and if Oshie is feeling tough he'll come at him.

how did he " beat the snot out of a guy way out of his weight class" ? he was smiling the whole time and only throwing after oshie threw. There is do doubt that HAD he wanted to he could have easily pounded Oshie to dust, but he didnt. and it was obvious.

good on mcQuaid for not saying " well he's willing so I'm gonna cream him".

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
how did he " beat the snot out of a guy way out of his weight class" ? he was smiling the whole time and only throwing after oshie threw. There is do doubt that HAD he wanted to he could have easily pounded Oshie to dust, but he didnt. and it was obvious.

good on mcQuaid for not saying " well he's willing so I'm gonna cream him".

Oshie wanted no part of the fight, you can see him looking to the refs to break it up but they wouldn't. If you're in a fight you might as well start throwing though. Like I said, I'm glad he didn't pummel a non-fighter to dust. Real tough guy

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Oshie wanted no part of the fight, you can see him looking to the refs to break it up but they wouldn't. If you're in a fight you might as well start throwing though. Like I said, I'm glad he didn't pummel a non-fighter to dust. Real tough guy

so you dont want a toughie punching down but when mcquaid gives oshie a pass, you call him a "real tough guy" ?

hows about picking one side and sticking to it ?

judging whether or not mcquaid is tough based on a fight that he half assed it to give a talent guy a pass seems pretty strange.

and as his fight card indicates, he's not a spot picker looking only to fight talent. He's a legit fighter who can hold his own with most

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, I fail to see a problem with any of this...

McQuaid "beats the snot out of his weight class" - Ok.
McQuaid " he didn't pummel a non fighter" - Ok, now i'm confused.

You said he beats the snot out of him, which he didn't, then you said he didn't pummel him...

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

Um ya, good thing it doesn't work that way.

McQuaid doesn't have to 'wait' till later to see if Oshie is 'feeling tough'.

Plus I'd rather see what happened happen then someone 'run' at him later were the chances of injury get increased.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, I fail to see a problem with any of this...

McQuaid "beats the snot out of his weight class" - Ok.
McQuaid " he didn't pummel a non fighter" - Ok, now i'm confused.

You said he beats the snot out of him, which he didn't, then you said he didn't pummel him...

What Im saying is that McQuaid beat the snot out of him and definitely could have done worse. He's still beating on a non-fighter way out of his weight class

Um ya, good thing it doesn't work that way.

McQuaid doesn't have to 'wait' till later to see if Oshie is 'feeling tough'.

Plus I'd rather see what happened happen then someone 'run' at him later were the chances of injury get increased.

So very very tough

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
What Im saying is that McQuaid beat the snot out of him and definitely could have done worse. He's still beating on a non-fighter way out of his weight class

So very very tough

if mcQuaid " beat the snot out of him" in a half assed/ half hearted fight that he clearly gave oshie a pass on, then that's not " mcQuaid is a real tough guy", that's " oshie is really really decidedly, not".

The difference, like churchill said, was that in the morning McQuaid will be " sober", but oshie will still be ugly.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, just be thankful that there's a fight and that game had some emotion.

Jesus Christ, the whining.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And McQuaid IS a tough guy, anybody with two eyeballs that watches hockey knows that. To say otherwise could not be further from the truth. Don't throw a sketchy hit at a guy and then try and go with his 5'9 D-partner. Oshie is lucky McQuaid wasn't really throwing, could've ended badly for him knowing his past concussion issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad