Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
surprised they traded him with the family relationship, but i think the deal makes sense. we have so many
LW in the system. LHD is probably next. i would've traded cehlarik over donato but he also doesn't have
that value. also i think they love bjork and expect him to be in the mix next year.
Guess they have chosen Bjork's speed over Donato's shot.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I called it forever ago but Yuck. I hate this deal. Donato has a much higher ceiling than Coyle. This is a regrettable trade IMO and Coyle just isn’t consistent enough to trade for a player the caliber of Donato.

Coyle shoulda got what we traded for Chris Kelly.

Reactions: bbfan419

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Donato is a good prospect, but his play this year has been dissapointing, didn't show much to be honest. Solid middle six player for him and a 5th is a decent value.

Reactions: bbfan419 and lopey

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I’d have added Bjork to this deal for Staal.

Edit...thought Staal had another year innnis contract.....

Would do Donato, Bjork and a 5 for Staal and a third or something though.

staal doesn't seem to want to leave the wild. last time he left as a rental, he was terrible.
i like this deal better, provided they land a 2RW also.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I’d have added Bjork to this deal for Staal.

Not sure there is much marke for Bjork right now with the injuries. Still think Bruins management is high on him. I’m okay with the trade. He may be a player. Maybe not. We have a lot of left winger prospects around the same age.

Now the question for this year. Do they go out and get a rw or center. My guess they go out and get a center and give Coyle ever opportunity with Krejci.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I’m good with this trade. Don’t really think Donato is going to amount to a whole lot. Coyle is at least a big body 3C with a lot of NHL experience. Our team definitely just got an upgrade but we still need to swing for the fences on a 2RW.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not sure there is much marke for Bjork right now with the injuries. Still think Bruins management is high on him. I’m okay with the trade. He may be a player. Maybe not. We have a lot of left winger prospects around the same age.

Now the question for this year. Do they go out and get a rw or center. My guess they go out and get a center and give Coyle ever opportunity with Krejci.

This gives them options for sure. Like you said Coyle on RW with Krejci or as the #3 C.

As long as Coyle is the lesser piece that they acquire I’m fine.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, I guess we'll figure out when the trade is announced what they plan to do with him.

Minny people think he is a better RW than a center, but then again, he has been positively lousy as RW this year.

I guess I am still hoping there is a good RW coming in. Maybe 3rd line RW is the right spot for Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia