Proposal: Bruin's Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Continuing the Zykov conversation that was going on in the previous thread...

Interesting idea, 2nd round pick by LA, traded to CAR for Versteeg. Strong offensive player, seems similar to Cehlarik, except he’s supposed to be a better skater (I have seen very little of him)??

He’s Russian though and the B’s have drafted or acquired very few (intentional or not). Wonder what the cost would be? Maybe a swap for Cehlarik?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wouldn’t it just be better to give Cehlarik a look instead of swapping him for Zykov?

I’m basing this on scouting reports that Zykov is a better skater, which has always been Cehlarik’s biggest question mark.

As far as what’s “better”, that’s up to the B’s FO to decide. They seem to like Cehlarik, but there are prospects they like better. The X factor is that none of us know how they feel about Zykov.

Edit: Zykov was taken the same year as Cehlarik went 90th to the B’s.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Looking back at the “Cup contention years” some of the trades that helped turn the tide weren’t blockbusters.

Defense: Seidenberg. Reliable, smooth, limited mistakes. Seems like Sweeney may have struck gold with Moore.

Offense: Horton. He instantly added snarl to an already aggressive forward group. He was physical and he scored timely goals. I’m hoping Sweeney can find his Horton. A player who is stuck on a mediocre team and isn’t exactly lighting things up. I’d look at Florida again, Ottawa, Minnesota, Anaheim, NYR.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I'd like Sweeney to take a run at Kreider. Would be ideal if he was a right shot but can't get everything I suppose. At least he's used to playing RW if I'm not mistaken?

Big body, check. Good skater, check. Scores goals, check. Should be available, check. "Friendly" GM, check. Affordable cap hit ($4.6M), check. Boston ties (if that's even a consideration), check.

He's got one more year after this one which may be a minus if we can't shed a contract next summer, but that's something that can surely be worked out if the situation occurs.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Looking back at the “Cup contention years” some of the trades that helped turn the tide weren’t blockbusters.

Defense: Seidenberg. Reliable, smooth, limited mistakes. Seems like Sweeney may have struck gold with Moore.

Offense: Horton. He instantly added snarl to an already aggressive forward group. He was physical and he scored timely goals. I’m hoping Sweeney can find his Horton. A player who is stuck on a mediocre team and isn’t exactly lighting things up. I’d look at Florida again, Ottawa, Minnesota, Anaheim, NYR.

I get what you're saying but also, a little reality check: that team also had a 25/26-year-old Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci as its 1-2 punch. This team is not comparable.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'd like Sweeney to take a run at Kreider. Would be ideal if he was a right shot but can't get everything I suppose. At least he's used to playing RW if I'm not mistaken?

Big body, check. Good skater, check. Scores goals, check. Should be available, check. "Friendly" GM, check. Affordable cap hit ($4.6M), check. Boston ties (if that's even a consideration), check.

He's got one more year after this one which may be a minus if we can't shed a contract next summer, but that's something that can surely be worked out if the situation occurs.
Not meant as a challenge, but genuine ignorance... Why would Kreider be available?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Not meant as a challenge, but genuine ignorance... Why would Kreider be available?

The Rangers are rebuilding. Reports indicate that anyone except for their young guys are available. Not sure what the price for Kreider would be, though.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I get what you're saying but also, a little reality check: that team also had a 25/26-year-old Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci as its 1-2 punch. This team is not comparable.
This team has 30 year old Marchand, 22 year old Pastrnak, 27 year old Krug and 20 year old McAvoy and still has veteran Bergeron & Krejci. Krejci is worse now than he was then, but Bergeron is better IMO.

With the right complementary pieces this team can absolutely contend. I think the biggest missing piece is a 2nd line RW.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not saying that another nice piece won't help them, I'm just saying that expecting 30 year old players to be as good or better than they were in their prime isn't rational.

In sport terms a player's "prime" isn't necessarily based on age, it's based on when they play their best. For many that's their twenties, for others it can be well into their thirties and beyond depending on the sport.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Anyone think that Mark Stone could be available from Ottawa? I know Panarin is a special talent and all, but I love Stone's overall game and he would be a great fit with the Bruins if their owner is willing to deal within the division and not sure what the price would be, but add him and a #3C and this team could seriously contend this year. I would look at Sam Bennett maybe as the 3c.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
To me that still makes us short a top six forward does it not.Wouldnt do DeBrusk,Heinen,Bjork,Donato.
I don't want to trade DeBrusk, Heinen I have no problem to deal him, also rather we gave some prospects i.e. JFK, Zboril Frederic etc. instead of the 1st round pick. I would offer Heinen, Donato, JFK and Zboril for a signed Panarin.

Reactions: sleepyh and Strafer

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-panarin-trade-options/

DeBrusk and a 1st?

I would like a lesser prospect but still might do it.

It would be tough to swallow, but I would do that, plus maybe a minor prospect. But only if a Panarin contract was signed and was reasonable. If Panarin is looking for $9M+ deal, then I pass.

We hopefully have some guys in the pipeline to make up for the loss:
JFK, Donato, Frederic, Studnicka, Senyshyn

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone think that Mark Stone could be available from Ottawa? I know Panarin is a special talent and all, but I love Stone's overall game and he would be a great fit with the Bruins if their owner is willing to deal within the division and not sure what the price would be, but add him and a #3C and this team could seriously contend this year. I would look at Sam Bennett maybe as the 3c.

Right now, no I seriously doubt he's available. They'll exhaust every option and avenue to extend him first, I don't think they'll even consider dealing him unless they know for certain he won't be back next year.

With Karlsson gone, and Duchene looking more and more like he has one foot already out the door, of their Big 3 UFAs, Stone is the one most likely to be convinced to stay.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
To me that still makes us short a top six forward does it not.Wouldnt do DeBrusk,Heinen,Bjork,Donato.
I don't think that leaves us short a top 6 forward necessarily. I think one of the remaining kids can play on the 2nd line opposite Panarin and be fine. This issue right now is that a kid like Debrusk is expected to be one of the guys driving play on that line, whereas being the 3rd wheel with a Krejci/Panarin combo is a much more manageable role for a 2nd year player.

With that said I'd prefer to keep Debrusk and add Panarin if at all possible. Debrusk is still a keeper in my eyes.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He was always that player. He just got less ice time and less favorable offensive deployment because Claude leaned on Krejci.

Bergeron is still elite, but he's obviously trending down. It just speaks to how high his peak was that he can still be at this level.

I'm not going to say that time doesn't become a factor. Bergeron will not play at an elite level for another 10 years simply because he is now 33.

However, what on earth makes you say he is obviously trending down. That just isn't reality.

Reactions: Chief Nine

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It would be tough to swallow, but I would do that, plus maybe a minor prospect. But only if a Panarin contract was signed and was reasonable. If Panarin is looking for $9M+ deal, then I pass.

We hopefully have some guys in the pipeline to make up for the loss:
JFK, Donato, Frederic, Studnicka, Senyshyn
I would think he’ll get just south of what Kucherov signed for. Unless another team out there goes bananas for him (Rangers spring to mind).

Buy ya I’m with you. He signs for $9 million per for Debrusk and a first. That’s tough to say no to.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-panarin-trade-options/

DeBrusk and a 1st?

I would like a lesser prospect but still might do it.

Unsigned? No.

Signed? Heck yes.

However, why would Jarmo do this. He is subracting an 80 pts guy who is arguably their best player for a decent prospect that had one good post season and a 1st that could be anything. If I am Jarmo I leave Panarin out longer to start bidding wars near the trade deadline until I get roster players that help CBJ now get to the second round. Not subtract their best forward for magic beans. Yes, he is most likely leaving, but Jarmo would get roasted over that return.

Our first is probably not going to be a high one, so that reduces the take even more.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Right now, no I seriously doubt he's available. They'll exhaust every option and avenue to extend him first, I don't think they'll even consider dealing him unless they know for certain he won't be back next year.

With Karlsson gone, and Duchene looking more and more like he has one foot already out the door, of their Big 3 UFAs, Stone is the one most likely to be convinced to stay.
On the flip side of this argument, what exactly would make Stone want to stay? Ottawa needs a full on rebuild. Stone will be entering his age 27 season as a UFA, witha notoriously cheap owner. I'd personally be looking to bolt that situation if I was him.

If OTT is smart, they trade Stone and Duchene this year. And they stop that nonsense won't trade in the division crap.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Go to most of the Sens games at home and last night the Sens looked very good. Chabot is a Stud, great outlet passes, Tape to Tape the way Bourque use to and he has a nice one -timer from the point and is an excellent skater. Great instincts offensively, he just knows where to be.

Stone is their Bergeron, I just couldn't see them letting him get away. Their actually pretty good if they can ever sure up their team defensive play.

Duchene has been playing great, works hard and has the ability to make something out of nothing, he and Chabot seem-to have that Marchand / Krug Chemistry and he and Stone are looking better and better every game they play with one another. I can really see Ottawa trying to re-up Duchene and word out of Ottawa is he wants to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad