Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Here is something found at the end of an article on radio-canada, or SRC (the French CBC) about Lauzon's performance against Finland: http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1006910/le-canada-malmene-la-finlande

Here is a rough translation:

On defence, Jérémy Lauzon for one stood out for his physical play. He brought the crowd to their feet when he stopped Aaro Vidgren on his tracks at the blue line in the second frame.
« Here, my role is to play a more defensive and physical game, said Lauzon. The coaches like the physical aspect of my game, and it’s partly why I’m part of the team. So you bet that I will keep it up throughout the tournament. »

Merci Monsieur. Kid can play and has many tools to draw on for use in his two-way play. Continued success in the tournament Jeremy. :nod:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I will readily admit: I am not as high on Lauzon as some others are, but that's mainly due to ignorance on my part. Outside of his outstanding numbers, I have no idea on the kind of player he is.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I will readily admit: I am not as high on Lauzon as some others are, but that's mainly due to ignorance on my part. Outside of his outstanding numbers, I have no idea on the kind of player he is.

Kirk wrote about Lauzon after he was drafted in 2015. This should help you.

For obvious reasons, Jakub Zboril and Brandon Carlo are getting the most attention as the No. 1 and 2 defensemen drafted by the Boston Bruins in 2015. However, Jeremy Lauzon of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, chosen by the B’s with the second of two second-round picks acquired from Calgary in the Dougie Hamilton trade, could be the one player who goes on to have the best NHL career of the three.

He can skate, shoot, pass and score. He can defend. He’s a rugged player not afraid to take the body and fight if need be, though that’s not something he excels at. In short- he’s precisely the kind of player Boston fans value, so remember the name and keep track of him. In about three years, you might be glad you did.

So, why might Lauzon be the best between Zboril (13th overall) and Carlo (37th overall)? Like Zboril, Lauzon brings similar size and a mix of offense and defense. He’s more of a consistent competitor in my view, despite some reports of Boston’s top choice being “ultracompetitive” (I wouldn’t go that far based on what I saw in film study). Carlo is a massive rearguard who excels in a shutdown role, but I don’t know that he has the offensive skill/sense to be much of a consistent points producer. That leaves Lauzon as the best combination of the three- not as talented as Zboril or as big/defensively savvy as Carlo, but solid across the board and a gritty, hard-to-play against -d-man.

https://scoutingpost.com/2015/07/24/watch-this-guy-jeremy-lauzon/

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

He is not silky smooth nor does he have amazing skill,but he is a player, good instinct and hard to play against, Canada play on TSN at 7. Will probably be stream somewhere if you don't have access.

Edit: Well got it wrong, Tsn show last year final between Russia and Finland at 7.

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Night and day difference from a year ago. Last season, Speers and Senyshyn's roles were offense and more offense because of the lack of depth with the Greyhounds. This season, (when Speers returns) they have so much depth, Coach Bannister is expanding their roles. They don't need to rely on their offence as much.

That said, if you watch Senyshyn's goals where he's flying down the wing, it's a set play they've used with him on the ice for a year and a half now. The play almost always starts in their own end on a 50-50 puck. Both defencemen attack that puck while the center goes to the weak side. Once they get possession, Senyshyn breaks the zone. The defenceman feeds the center who immediately feeds Senyshyn flying down the wing.

I've seen it a hundred times in a year and a half. And it's only done when he's on. Any other time, the Greyhounds play a zone defence and their d-men stick to their sides.
That's great to hear. Do you think he'll spend next season with the Greyhounds or do you think he'll be ready to join the Providence Bruins if he doesn't make it on the big club? The Bruins have a lot of quality forward prospects that are either ready or close to be ready so I think it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

His team, Rouyn-Noranda of the QMJHL is again a top team in that league this year. That follows their trip to the Memorial Cup Final last year in a 3-2 OT lose to the London Knights. He is one of the leaders on the team and relied on to play in all situations. Battled injuries near the end of last season and early in this one but has bounced back nicely from both with no apparent impact on his level of play.

This years Team Canada coach is also from the Q and is very familiar with his skill set. Setting up as a great opportunity for those who may not be familiar with him to see him playing on a big stage. His game is at a level to meet the challenge it presents head on. Wishing him the best of luck. Enjoy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Great performance! Lot's more of that to come for Mr. Lauzon in the short and long term. :handclap:

Wonder if the site will get as many pages/days of chatter for the pick who is there in comparison to the the one who is not?:sarcasm:

Maybe, since you are in Nova Scotia and are in the Q territory, you could just bring the information on Zboril and Lauzon? Or would you rather I comment on the bit of video I've seen :laugh::laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That's great to hear. Do you think he'll spend next season with the Greyhounds or do you think he'll be ready to join the Providence Bruins if he doesn't make it on the big club? The Bruins have a lot of quality forward prospects that are either ready or close to be ready so I think it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I'll PM you when I get the chance. Sharp Shooting Neely doesn't want to hear about it :laugh::laugh:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Maybe, since you are in Nova Scotia and are in the Q territory, you could just bring the information on Zboril and Lauzon? Or would you rather I comment on the bit of video I've seen :laugh::laugh:

Please do Dom. I'm happy to offer what I do pick up on for discussion purposes from time to time. My analysis is not deep in comparison to many others posting here. Just love to watch the game and share my take aways and will happily try to continue doing that.

Always appreciate hearing your take and the many pieces of background nuggets you provide for context to discussions and developments with players and the game. Keep it coming! :handclap:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Great day to see the prospects today.

Lauzon facing off against Zboril on TV tonight.

Also McAvoy and Lindgren in the other game but sadly not televised here in Canada, for me anyways.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Also McAvoy and Lindgren in the other game but sadly not televised here in Canada, for me anyways.

Forgive my ignorance... What station?

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
not good enough to show on TSN 2 I guess:sarcasm:

You peaked my interest as to what was being offered so had to check. NBA Bucks and Cavs pushed it aside. :shakehead

TSN thankfully will be there in full force when it does count the most starting on the 26th. Have not noticed anything indicating Team USA exhibition games will be carried by a network as yet. Would be nice to have an opportunity to see them as well. None the less, enjoy what is available.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I am pretty pumped to watch this McAvoy kid.Not seen him much but have witnessed via video the 2 thunderous hits he delivered on Crouse and the Swede.Hope he gets a few in during this tourney :hit::hit::hit::hit::hit:.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
As one who has been able to watch Lauzon quite a bit, I am really hopeful he gets the opportunity to show how great a prospect he is - kid has earned it and deserves it. If he's given even an inch, he'll take a mile.

My view on him is that he has a little Boychuk and Seabrook in his game. If he can fill out, Bruins have a real keeper.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
Not a great start to the WJC prelim game... Lauzon getting 7th D minutes and Vladar getting shelled.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Not a great start to the WJC prelim game... Lauzon getting 7th D minutes and Vladar getting shelled.

I am watching the game too. Vladar not looking so good, should have had the second and third goals. His side to side pushoff's look slow.

Zboril looks okay, decent skater, Lauzon looks so big on the ice. He is listed at 6'3 202, looks bigger. He is not getting much ice time, is paired with Fabbro.

Will keep everyone posted.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I am watching the game too. Vladar not looking so good, should have had the second and third goals. His side to side pushoff's look slow.

Zboril looks okay, decent skater, Lauzon looks so big on the ice. He is listed at 6'3 202, looks bigger. He is not getting much ice time, is paired with Fabbro.

Will keep everyone posted.

Not sure what goalie could have stopped that second one, pretty sweet passing play, third shot screened and first one a tip on poorly played 2-1. Czech team still in tryout mode, five players that will play for them not dressed tonight, one just arriving from the men's league. Can't get to up or down on an exhibition game.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
Not sure what goalie could have stopped that second one, pretty sweet passing play, third shot screened and first one a tip on poorly played 2-1. Czech team still in tryout mode, five players that will play for them not dressed tonight, one just arriving from the men's league. Can't get to up or down on an exhibition game.

Certainly not blaming Vladar for the score (and he's made a couple of nice saves) but the first wasn't a great period for the Bruins playing in this game.

Lauzon was decent but not getting ice time. Zboril essentially invisible but at least was not part of the Czech problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad