Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Does this collapse change the college guys playing in Boston this year? makes zero sense for the Bruins to burn a year off there ELC.

Cant see them wanting to play in the AHL for the last few weeks. Would be good for their development

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Does this collapse change the college guys playing in Boston this year? makes zero sense for the Bruins to burn a year off there ELC.

Cant see them wanting to play in the AHL for the last few weeks. Would be good for their development

no clue but if there`s one thing they should be optimistic about is the fact that this team will most likely have plenty of openings on the roster for them to fill

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I'd start McAvoy and sit K Miller for the rest of the season--hopefully after this weekend. It would give him a head start on his rookie campaign next year by feeling the physicality and speed now. It should help going into the off season workouts.

I know they are trying to make the playoffs but Krejci is doing nothing to justify his salary or position during this losing streak. He should be a healthy scratch for a game to see if that improves his performance. Maybe they will look at trying and moving Spooner up to 2nd line once JFK becomes available. Or possibly Vecchione.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'd start McAvoy and sit K Miller for the rest of the season--hopefully after this weekend. It would give him a head start on his rookie campaign next year by feeling the physicality and speed now. It should help going into the off season workouts.

I know they are trying to make the playoffs but Krejci is doing nothing to justify his salary or position during this losing streak. He should be a healthy scratch for a game to see if that improves his performance. Maybe they will look at trying and moving Spooner up to 2nd line once JFK becomes available. Or possibly Vecchione.

If they burn a year of McAvoy's entry level contract on the end of this season I'm taking out a restraining order against myself on their behalf.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If they burn a year of McAvoy's entry level contract on the end of this season I'm taking out a restraining order against myself on their behalf.

Cannot argue with this at all. That is smart business. I will admit however I want to see what Bruins actually have here.He looked great to me at the World Juniors but looked bad in Bean Pot to me.I cannot get a decent read of him playing in that College hockey and not playing many games. It's a soft schedule .Wish I lived back in Quincy again to be able to watch him live.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Wonder were the Bruins are at for max contracts.

Cap Friendly lists 45/50 and since these two are ATO/PTO, they don't count. Same for any CHL players whose teams get eliminated, they can sign the same contracts and finish the season in Providence since their signed entry level contracts have already 'slid'.

So they have plenty of room to add any of their amateurs to the NHL roster if they so desire.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Cap Friendly lists 45/50 and since these two are ATO/PTO, they don't count. Same for any CHL players whose teams get eliminated, they can sign the same contracts and finish the season in Providence since their signed entry level contracts have already 'slid'.

So they have plenty of room to add any of their amateurs to the NHL roster if they so desire.

Per Kirk: you are correct. The B's still have 5 contracts to give.

Their contracts count next year.

Last edited:

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Another thread said 47.

Just saw that as well on another thread. Good news.

I don't see the Soo, Sea Dogs, Terriers or the Fighting Irish getting eliminated early in their prospective playoffs and tourney games. It will be interesting who we get to see play for Providence.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just saw that as well on another thread. Good news.

I don't see the Soo, Sea Dogs, Terriers or the Fighting Irish getting eliminated early in their prospective playoffs and tourney games. It will be interesting who we get to see play for Providence.

BU is down 1-0 in the first to NDS

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
JFK's size + skating combo is a beautiful thing - I'm pretty sure this guy is a little bigger than the 6'1 he's listed at. Could be wrong, but he looks big out there. Throw Frederic into the mix and that's two big C's the Bruins have coming up.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Originally posted by OOBW

I could not disagree more with this post. McAvoy is going to be a great player, but he is far below K. Miller's level now. Maybe by the end of next season he will be NHL ready. Also, it would be foolish to burn a year of his eligibility on this dismal end of a season even if he were ready to help.

Krejci has had many good games in the last month and is not at all the problem. He has struggled a bit the last couple of games for some reason. But so have Pasta and even Marchand. Spooner has played a lot better under Cassidy but he is not at Krejci's level as an all-around player yet.

And you have to convince me JFK is a potential NHL player even two years from now, certainly not now. As a prospect I'd rate him below Bjork, Frederic, Donato, even Fitzgerald. I don't get the excitement over this guy. Even though he's over 6 feet, he seems smallish and not super fast or strong on the puck. Maybe he's hurt?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

sorry, this is the wrong approach. I "might" think differently if this were a team who was flying into the playoffs, bringing the kid along for the ride to get exposed early to NHL playoff hockey but this team is on life support right now and there is absolutely no logical reason to bust year 1 of his ELC

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Anyone know why Zboril didn't play in Game 1 tonight?

Was wondering the same thing. Had not heard of an injury being a concern. Can't imagine any other reason for him not to play just the same.

Gabrielle popped two more goals last night in the Cougars first play off game. Could be a really big play off year for him in what will be his final junior career games.

Lauzon and his RN Huskies were upset 5 - 4 at home by Nico Hischier's Halifax Mooseheads in their first play off game. They are the number 2 seed in the PO's and Halifax is #15!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad