Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Panthers (Jagr gametime decision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm making the lineup without Jagr, I hope I'm wrong

Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Smith
Pirri-Trocheck-Howden
Jokinen-Bolland-Brickley
Thornton-Mackenzie-Shaw

Mitchell-Gudbranson
Ekblad-Campbell
Kulikov-Petrovic

Luongo

x- Barkov (broken hand, 3-4 weeks), Jagr (Groin, questionable for Bruins), Kampfer (healthy), Olsen (no idea why he's still here, but healthy)

Bruins:

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kelly-Randell

Chara-McQuaid
Krug-Morrow
C.Miller-Trotman

Rask
Gustavsson

(x-Kemppainen, K. Miller)

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
FYI Harper hasn't been called up and Smith hasn't been put on the first line but if Jagr is out I think he gets the spot and Harper is my callup guess :dunno:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
This is one of the games I've looked forward to all off season. Time to humble these Bruins full health or not. Shut up some of these fans and Edwards in particular. It's Kuleeeeekkkkkkkovvvvv time!

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Rather call up Rau, for the 4th line role. He'll play vs the Caps as Thornton will sit on the B2B

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Insert Thornton in lineup just to make the Bruins a little less uncomfortable and on the off chance that Thornton beats up Marchand.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
****ing injuries, why the best players? But we are still good team and im expectinc win against bruins.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
It would really mean a lot to me if we fire on all cylinders for this game. My buddy is a hardcore Bruins fan, and one of the loud ones at that.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I know we're flying high with wins in the past two games, but the Bruins are 4-0-1 in their last five games. I don't expect this to be a game like last night's with a much better goaltender in net.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Edited the lineup for Shaw. I have a feeling Jagr will sit Friday and they'll bring him back Saturday, scratching Thornton

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
With Jags

Huby - Bjugy - Jags
Pirri - Troch - Smith
Jussi - Bolland - Q
Thorty - Mack - Brick

Without Jags

Huby - Bjugy - Smith
Pirri - Troch - Q
Jussi - Bolland - Brick
Thorty - Mack - Shaw

I'm looking at Huby, Bjugy and Pirri to pick it up on Friday.

Jeff Shafer

Established: 1987
I've watched every single game this season, and I can honestly say Thornton provides absolutely nothing on the ice and shouldn't play another game. Watch when his line is out there, he's constantly behind the play, out of position, and more importantly the other team ALWAYS has possession of the puck. I don't care if it's Logan Shaw, Greg Mckegg, Garrett Wilson, or this Harper guy but I am willing to bet they would be an upgrade.

The locker room presence, on-ice leadership, tough guy bs is totally overblown in my opinion. He looks like a B-league player playing in Tier 2 hockey for beer league... Am I wrong on this? I cringe every time he steps on the ice and hope the other team doesn't end up with an amazing scoring opportunity.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I've watched every single game this season, and I can honestly say Thornton provides absolutely nothing on the ice and shouldn't play another game. Watch when his line is out there, he's constantly behind the play, out of position, and more importantly the other team ALWAYS has possession of the puck. I don't care if it's Logan Shaw, Greg Mckegg, Garrett Wilson, or this Harper guy but I am willing to bet they would be an upgrade.

The locker room presence, on-ice leadership, tough guy bs is totally overblown in my opinion. He looks like a B-league player playing in Tier 2 hockey for beer league... Am I wrong on this? I cringe every time he steps on the ice and hope the other team doesn't end up with an amazing scoring opportunity.

Right on spot..Thornton should not be on the ice..

I remember one game this season when he was on the ice with 5 mins left and we were trailiing. Sry but that is a blatant coaching mistake

What has he done that Guddy/Petro/Brickley cant do ?!

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah. He was a very good and useful player at one point, but that point has long since passed.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Rinaldo could draw back in, last game was the first he was scratched for. That would give a fight partner for Thornton.

I'm pretty optimistic that when the team is healthy he'll be glued to the pressbox.

Edit, just checked the Bruins board, Rinaldo is in

I'd bet real money that they'll scrap.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008

They want his character that he brings... Which is a joke. If they want his character so badly on the bench, put him behind the bench and let John Madden play.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Rinaldo could draw back in, last game was the first he was scratched for. That would give a fight partner for Thornton.

I'm pretty optimistic that when the team is healthy he'll be glued to the pressbox.

Edit, just checked the Bruins board, Rinaldo is in

I'd bet real money that they'll scrap.

You think Rinaldo would fight Thornton? Dude is 5'11, 170lb. Thornton is 6'2 217lb.
(Do not know if they had a history when Thornton was a Bruin)

I hope our forwards have their head up when ZR is on the ice. He can lay the wood, clean and dirty hits.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You think Rinaldo would fight Thornton? Dude is 5'11, 170lb. Thornton is 6'2 217lb.
(Do not know if they had a history when Thornton was a Bruin)

I hope our forwards have their head up when ZR is on the ice. He can lay the wood, clean and dirty hits.

You're probably right, I'm going to miss fighting when it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad