Bruins need to move the morning skate to TD Garden instead of Warrior especially during the playoffs.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Toronto skated at TD Garden on Tuesday and could see the ice was going to be bad - The Bruins used their practice facility.

They have now lost five of their last 6 home playoff games ( all in Round 1 )

I have no idea if doing this would improve their play at home but it certainly can't make things any worse. :banghead:

Tuesday, April 30 (Warrior Ice Arena | TD Garden)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate

- Game vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN, ESPN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They have to mitigate the poor ice with simplifying their game. Soft, crappy ice feeds into just playing heavy forecheck, straight line hockey and lots of shots on net. It's basically what other teams use to defeat the Bruins on home ice.

This team just wants to play its tick-tack-toe east-west game looking for the perfect shot and that gets harder when the ice is garbage.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I say again, what can we do as fans to make it happen? Do we need to tweet at the bruins and call their office repeatedly this week to get them to change it for a potential game 7 and beyond?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
All the revenue from tickets and a huge fan base and they have some of the worst ice in the league. It’s embarrassing.

The amount of whiffed shot/passes and wipe outs by players last night was absurd

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Now they can play grab ass at the morning skate and more easily account for where Pastrnak will be most likely to eat shit with no contact. Spoiler alert, it's every where.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
How it s possible to not practice today when you re not conpetent to take draw, not able to make passes or shot and touch the net...how? At least pratice draw for 1h wtf?

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
They lose because they play with the effort and sacrifice of a September Black and Gold exhibition game not because of the ice.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
The Bruins stayed in Toronto last night as they had to find another plane.

A similar thing happened after game 6 in 2013, which was notable in that the NHL scheduled a back-to-back for games 6 and 7 so they flew to Boston on the day of a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad