Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The Dewar/Robertson situation is tricky.

Dewar has been pretty good this series so far, and the 4th line has been solid.

That said, the #1 issue is Leafs need goals. Robertson does help that more. There is at least a logic to hoping he gets some opportunities against favorable competition
If Keefe was smart, he would swap Jankrok for Robertson, and put a Jankrok - Kampf - Reaves line and have a scoring threat on both sides on the 3rd line.

Anyways, full lineup tonight apart from McMann, need to come out with a win no matter what. Can't go down 3-1 to Boston.

Reactions: egd27

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Mostly only ?

Great insight as always! In the meantime, Pasta has 1 PP point, 1 5on5 goal and 1 point on an empty netter.

Mostly only random comments from you ...
Okay, let's see what Pastrnak does tonight. I'm sure you'll be impressed.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1714238491068.png

1714238591246.png

Strangle

May 4, 2009
It is essentially a must win game, but not because of the last 9 games, that's just a completely irrelevant factoid.

They have controlled? Seriously? I mean maybe, if you completely ignore special teams where we've been completely destroyed as usual but why would you ignore what has been the difference in the series up to this point?

I just heard something on the TV about that. It sounds like there's a good chance he will be back but he'll be on the 2nd PP unit which seems galactically stupid. The PP has been garbage and I was hoping Nylander back could spark something but of course Keefe is going to bury him on the 2nd unit that hardly sees the ice. My biggest problem with Keefe last spring was that Nylander didn't see enough ice when we were desperate for a goal despite being our most dangerous player on offence. Doesn't this clown ever learn?

Please hockey gods, say it isn't so.

I think Marner should be on pp 2

That said, the #1 issue is Leafs need goals. Robertson does help that more. There is at least a logic to hoping he gets some opportunities against favorable competition

Dewars line has more goals than robertsons, don’t they?

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So we’re just so supposed to sit hands folded and accept being losers again this year?
All I’m saying is if we lose to a better team it doesn’t mean we choked. Sure we should try to improve just don’t act like we didn’t see this coming, how can this be fire everybody. lol!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I want Lili to work out since we actually drafted him and developed him. Either add him to a package to get a top pair guy or get a new coach who can bring his confidence back.
Yea but look at who has been tasked with developing him.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Keefe said Lilly is not 100% healthy
Yea, just saw that too. Thx. So there is an out. I'm not sure I am as critical as others have been of Timmy... or anyone else for that matter.

If our PP was better than 1/11, I think we'd be leading the series even with all the other little mistakes we have seen.

When you cannot score more than two, every little mistake matters oh so much!

Reactions: stickty111

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

If they keep Robertson in they better put him in some more favorable PP usage. If we don't have credible PP shots outside of Matthews (and Nylander) well, stick Nicky Bobby somewhere he can use his biggest asset.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If they keep Robertson in they better put him in some more favorable PP usage. If we don't have credible PP shots outside of Matthews (and Nylander) well, stick Nicky Bobby somewhere he can use his biggest asset.

More shooters would be good, and less dipsy doodlers

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

I think this is an easy choice.

When healthy, there's no way Robertson should be on their playoff roster. They simply have better options and players better equipped to play playoff hockey.

I would scratch Robertson without hesitation.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

When healthy, there's no way Robertson should be on their playoff roster. They simply have better options and players better equipped to play playoff hockey.

Playoff hockey players haven't gotten us far.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

He's actually shown quite well this series.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
All I’m saying is if we lose to a better team it doesn’t mean we choked. Sure we should try to improve just don’t act like we didn’t see this coming, how can this be fire everybody. lol!
Because this coach and president have had years to become the the "better team" but have failed to do so. Time to change course.

Reactions: HolyCrap and OddyOh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad