Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Heard them chanting the Goalies name when the Leafs tied it up last game. Didn't last long, they gave up a goal 20 seconds later.

Where are your seats?
I was in 318 Wednesday it was loud. Tons of Sammy chants after big saves, plenty of Go Leafs Go, wasn’t rare to hear slurs yelled at Marchand. Either way shouldn’t matter what the fans do the team has to show up to play either way

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I was in 318 Wednesday it was loud. Tons of Sammy chants after big saves, plenty of Go Leafs Go, wasn’t rare to hear slurs yelled at Marchand. Either way shouldn’t matter what the fans do the team has to show up to play either way
Last 48 hours, we've seen so many incredible clips from the past with Bob Cole - prices were still absurd back then, and those clips just solidified belief that that building can pop when it wants to, but it requires the team actually giving them something to get excited about

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If Brodie is in the NHL next year, and Giordano is not, would you be surprised?

Not at all. This is the likely scenario.

Brodie has had a rough season. We're probably extra hard on him because we're used to him being incredibly solid.

He's still a bottom pairing guy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him rebound on another team either.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
I think playing Nylander on the third line is a big mistake, the second line has been garbage and needs another threat. Not only that but with Nylander on the second line with Tavares and Marner they will have to cover Nylander all the time which will open up more ice and space for Tavares and Marner and Boston won't be able to double-team Marner at times.

Domi - Matthews - Bertuzzi
Nylander - Tavares - Marner
Knies - Jarnkrok - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Rielly - Lyubushkin
Benoit - McCabe
Brodie - Edmundson

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Last 48 hours, we've seen so many incredible clips from the past with Bob Cole - prices were still absurd back then, and those clips just solidified belief that that building can pop when it wants to, but it requires the team actually giving them something to get excited about

Pretty much. This core has conditioned us to expect the worst so it’s no surprise that the fans have a hard time getting pumped up.

You only need to look as far back as the last game to see why. Tie the game up and the crowd starts rocking, f***ing blow it 28 seconds later. People wanna say the fans are disappointing or a problem? f*** off lol

Sep 18, 2009
Pretty much. This core has conditioned us to expect the worst so it’s no surprise that the fans have a hard time getting pumped up.

You only need to look as far back as the last game to see why. Tie the game up and the crowd starts rocking, f***ing blow it 28 seconds later. People wanna say the fans are disappointing or a problem? f*** off lol
Hey man you dont buukd a team with a bunch f === fp a withoutna defebse goalie w=bu but w.e

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Pretty much a must win, but, before the series started, I think most of us would have taken 2-2 after four games; a win tomorrow and we are in a doable position.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Leafs fans starting to revolt??
MLSE trying to win back leafs fans by giving away leafs tickets and playoff tickets at airport or grocery stores???
Seeing allot of this recently!!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Physicality is one of many different attributes that a player can utilize to potentially assist in their offensive or defensive play, but hitting a ton does not itself help you win, and it is not necessary to win a cup. In fact, 12 out of 18 cup-winners in the cap era have ranked in the bottom half of playoff teams in hitting. A cup has not been won by the highest hitting team in the playoffs, but it has been won by the lowest hitting team. The average playoff hits/60 of the cup winners in the cap era is 30.07 hits. Throughout the Matthews era, we have averaged 34.91 hits per 60 in the playoffs. Through the 5 year period where select people loved to complain we were soft, we averaged 33.44 hits per 60 in the playoffs. Both above the average of cup winners.

Physicality has never been our issue in the playoffs. In fact, it has often been detrimental to us, causing major penalties that throw away games, and suspensions - including to significant players - that have potentially cost us series. We focused way too much on "snot" this year, and all it has done is hurt us. We allowed the first goal of the series 2 minutes in, because we chased a bad hit and allowed a 2 on 1. We've thrown away PP chances and put ourselves on PKs we can't kill with constant undisciplined behaviour. We've killed our own momentum, and created chaos that Boston has thrived and scored on. We ignored defensive play and PKing to instead just cram our defense with big hitters galore, and all we did was make them so slow and unskilled that we can't exit our zone or transition.

Hitting can be helpful. Hitting can be fun. But unfortunately, some put it on a pedestal and seem more concerned with the playstyle we lose with, rather than actually being good.
Just had to endure 6 years of analytic garbage that lead to perpetual failure.

You had your turn. Lol

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
MLSE trying to win back leafs fans by giving away leafs tickets and playoff tickets at airport or grocery stores???
They have been doing that for a while now. The last while during playoffs they do the whole 'first X fans to find us at Y location win tickets'.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not good value for the money. Considering where it is, time, etc.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
2 am is worse than 1 am. However it's Saturday and my kids won't wake me up before 7 am. So it'll be ok. You know what's even better? I'll be in Turkey as from Tuesday, my Leafs yersey will be packed into the suitcase and I'm looking forward to the second round, even though the time difference will be 7 hours.

Yeah, I'm drunk but still pretty optimistic that this will still be a long season. (btw, my English is probably pretty bad, but it's my 3rd or 4th language :D)

Willy's back tomorrow, Mitch will finally start playing. These 2 wizards will win the game for us, book it! Auston can chill out tomorrow.

We'l need him back in Boston to make it 3-2, so that we can decide the series in game 6.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Except that Pasta hasn't been very useful for the Bruins.
Come on, really? I’d take Pasta ahead of Marner, JT, or Nylander, and who in their right minds wouldn’t, I can accept your optimism on steroids, but your opinions are so biased, it’s no wonder your name’s homer……..

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
2 am is worse than 1 am. However it's Saturday and my kids won't wake me up before 7 am. So it'll be ok. You know what's even better? I'll be in Turkey as from Tuesday, my Leafs yersey will be packed into the suitcase and I'm looking forward to the second round, even though the time difference will be 7 hours.

Yeah, I'm drunk but still pretty optimistic that this will still be a long season. (btw, my English is probably pretty bad, but it's my 3rd or 4th language :D)

Willy's back tomorrow, Mitch will finally start playing. These 2 wizards will win the game for us, book it! Auston can chill out tomorrow.

We'l need him back in Boston to make it 3-2, so that we can decide the series in game 6.

GO LEAFS GO!!!
You are more coherent in your third or fourth language than most people here are in their first language, present company included.

Come on, really? I’d take Pasta ahead of Marner, JT, or Nylander, and who in their right minds wouldn’t, I can accept your optimism on steroids, but your opinions are so biased, it’s no wonder your name’s homer……..
I think if you hear what Boston fans say about Pastrnak, it will sound very much like what Leafs say about Marner (and what they used to say about Matthews). None of these guys have blown the doors off the playoffs offensively in their careers.

Reactions: bax

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Lily out ? He's been really bad, he was my biggest worry this playoffs, Boston has been abusing me.

Brodie’s going to make you wuickly forget how bad he’s been, guy’s a black hole defending and scared of his own shadow……

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You are more coherent in your third or fourth language than most people here are in their first language, present company included.

I think if you hear what Boston fans say about Pastrnak, it will sound very much like what Leafs say about Marner (and what they used to say about Matthews). None of these guys have blown the doors off the playoffs offensively in their careers.
I base my opinions on what i see, not some other team’s fanbase. He took dome hits that would have sent any if the cord four into the ICU thenother night, forget talent, he’s ten times ss tough as the aforementioned core…..

Maintenance. He'll play, I wouldn't worry about it.
He’s got a headache 😂

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
And Brodie's isn't?

Btw, you're wrong.
I’d rather insert Gio over Brodie, Brodie’s had like four good games this season, once he gets hit s couple of times he’ll fold like a cheap suit…….

If Brodie is in the NHL next year, and Giordano is not, would you be surprised?
As long as he isn’t suiting up fir the Leafs I could care less, Gio’s done, but it’s not for a lack of effort, Brodie’s a coward when it comes to physical contact…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad