Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Joe Bowen calling out the fans. I've done the same on here but I don't have the same platform he does lol.

Anyways, I know some here have defended the playoff crowd, but it is misplaced, the corporate fans are an embarrassment. Compare Leaf fans to almost ANY other cities playoff fans. Only perhaps Ottawa (when they are in) is as docile.

The truth is home ice is supposed to be about loud, rowdy encouragement and some heat on the opposition. How much of a jolt can a player get on a shift when they feel the buzz when they hit the ice?

It matters. It all matters in tough games.
Heard them chanting the Goalies name when the Leafs tied it up last game. Didn't last long, they gave up a goal 20 seconds later.

Where are your seats?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Heard them chanting the Goalies name when the Leafs tied it up last game. Didn't last long, they gave up a goal 20 seconds later.

Where are your seats?
On my overpriced couch in my overpriced home. I choose not to fork out for an overpriced ticket and I am far from alone clearly.

Ultimately, who would want to attend a game anyways and be one of the few shouting with any passion? Hell the one of the ushers might ask you to leave.

Toronto is not a sports town, this isn't anything new.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
On my overpriced couch in my overpriced home.

Ultimately, who would want to attend a game and be one of the few shouting with any passion? Hell the one of the ushers might ask you to leave.

Toronto is not a sports town, this isn't anything new.
It's odd to judge the atmosphere when you're not in the building.
Do you review restaurants you've never eaten at?

Reactions: Rob Brown

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
In 2021 we were up 2-1, lost
In 2022 we were up 2-1, lost
In 2023 we were up 2-1, won

So 2-1 series deficit is not a death sentence. Let's see how it goes this time.
Leafs definately have the higher celing if Marner finds his way and Willy returns as the Willy we love. Oh and Matthews clearing out a virus.

Reactions: torontoblood

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
In 2021 we were up 2-1, lost
In 2022 we were up 2-1, lost
In 2023 we were up 2-1, won

So 2-1 series deficit is not a death sentence. Let's see how it goes this time.

I agree it’s not over but Keefe is so obviously being outcoached. We got Lucky in 2023 that Vasi was battling through an eventual off season surgery and Point wasn’t 100%.

I think Toronto has enough weapons to win if they had a better coach. The special teams should be the obvious indicator they don’t know how to adjust.

Reactions: Al14

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Not liking this matthews situation. Even how keefe talked about it today at practice. Sounds like matthews is dealing with something and he is trying to push through it

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Glad Lil is out, he's been awful and really Edmundson has been off setting his play. Not sure Brodie is an answer, but watching Lil just panic and throw pucks to nobody is maddening. I swear he hit a Leaf once or twice the entire Game 3, everything else was zero IQ plays. He's supposed to move the puck, if he can't, he sure isn't in there for his defensive acumen, physically he barely can hold his own. Not sure Brodie is a solid alternative either though.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
You realize that's dependant on the mics in the rink and every rink is different?
I'm been to games in the 2000s. Not many, but enough.

I haven't been to a playoff game but it is definitely far quieter than the Bell Centre, which I have been multiple times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad