Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Game 3 - 7pm - Series tied 1 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Anyone else getting disappointed with Robertson? I know he's battled major injuries in his young/short career and Keefe necessarily hasn't afforded him the plentiful opportunities needed to succeed, but he's starting to become just one of those "there" players and not showing much more, sadly.

Had it not been for Bostons goaltender making some ridiculous saves, Robertson could have a few goals.

He’s not going to live up to the D+1 hype of a superstar, but he can easily be a great middle six scorer who’s game translates in the playoffs

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Anyone else getting disappointed with Robertson? I know he's battled major injuries in his young/short career and Keefe necessarily hasn't afforded him the plentiful opportunities needed to succeed, but he's starting to become just one of those "there" players and not showing much more, sadly.
Not showing much? I mean, he was 47th in the league for forwards in goal/60. (Out of 480) I thought he played very well last game.

He was excellent in limited time, and should be a roster fixture starting next year.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Based on absolutely nothing, I say Nylander plays tonight.
If he's not playing and Robertson was the "placeholder" for AM instead of working with his regular line then Keefe is dumber that we thought.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He got robbed a couple times already and has been making pretty solid plays in the neutral zone. Playing a safe game. It's hard to have an impact with the low minutes he gets but his line has done very well 5 on 5. I don't think I recall one terrible shift where they got destroyed in shot attempts.

I can see that line being a sneaky line if they stick together one more time tonight.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
No.

He's been given what - 7 minutes of ice time? In both games he almost scored. Got absolutely robbed in game 2

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
So many different nylander reports. IS HE IN OR NOT.
Not really, he practiced and did line rushes with the third line and stayed out late, and he's a game time decision. Nothing conflicting across different reports or anything.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
His approach to defensive play has improved, that's a big step in his development.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Not me - for a guy who came into this season with just 80 games of professional experience, I'm happy with the way Robertson is developing. He continues to trend in the right direction - his play without the puck needs work, as he's a bit of a gascan in his own zone.

But he's a relentless hound. Keeps going, and never stops. He's also got some offensive talent, which seems to be squeezing itself to the fore.

All in all, happy with where Robertson's development is at. I think the disappointment from some may come over excessive and unfair expectations put on him. His ceiling seems to be a middle 6 guy, and he's trending towards that. I'd be ensuring he's penciled into a regular roster spot next season if I'm Treliving, to really see how he can progress.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
After watching Bobsky goalie the Lightning… I’m thankful we’re going through Boston then Florida and not the Panthers first round.

Go Leafs

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Not really, he practiced and did line rushes with the third line and stayed out late, and he's a game time decision. Nothing conflicting across different reports or anything.
Him taking line rushes in Robertson's spot suggested he's playing

Him staying out late with scratches after practices, while Robertson did not, suggests he isn't

Those 2 things definitely conflict.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Doubt Nylander comes back this playoffs. Just relax no need for all this I'm going to go for a skate and see how I feel song and dance.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Now that Keefe has the last change, I wonder how that will affect the Tavares line.

Boston seemed to be happy putting the Pastrnak line against them. Do we do the same, or try to get easier matchups to maybe get Mitch and JT producing? The problem with matching them against say the third line is that, while JT may be better against the slower players and can handle the more physical end, can Mitch?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Him taking line rushes in Robertson's spot suggested he's playing

Him staying out late with scratches after practices, while Robertson did not, suggests he isn't

Those 2 things definitely conflict.
I meant that it's not like we have one outlet saying he's in and one outlet saying he's out - we know definitively he's a game time decision. The guy said there are 'so many reports' which to me sounded like he was reading different updates from different sources.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I meant that it's not like we have one outlet saying he's in and one outlet saying he's out - we know definitively he's a game time decision. The guy said there are 'so many reports' which to me sounded like he was reading different updates from different sources.
To be fair, Mark Masters did go ahead and say 'Likely not playing tonight' while Siegel made it sound like he was in based off line rushes. This was before Keefe made his 'possibility' statement. Amateur reporting overall

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I have 2 internet providers and 2 TV over IP services set up for redundancy. 1 Cable and 1 Fiber. Zero chance I miss this one unless Jesus calls me home.
I have my league finals tonight. As often happens, I'll be recording the game and watching it later "the good Lord winnin' and the creek don't rise".

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I thought he's looked pretty good in limited time.

His issue is defensively he needs to be more reliable, and after that I think he will be a permanent part of the lineup.

Motor and skill is there.

I think he has shown plenty.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad