Rumor: Bruins Jake DeBrusk has asked for a trade

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would he be fit for us?

How could we benefit trading from him?

Guy is a 6'0 left winger.

Think just some minor move could work, like trading him for Robby Fabbri.

Fabbri is UFA after this season, but DeBrusk is still RFA. They are same aged but DeBrusk is kind of year younger was drafted 2015, when Fabbri was drafted 2014.

DeBrusk has 140 points in 261 career games. 70 career goals. 0.54 ppg.
Fabbri has 132 in 268 career games. 60 career goals. 0.40 ppg.

DeBrusk current contract 3.67M, on last year.
Fabbri current contract 2.95M, on last year.

Just a minor upgrade, but if there's a risk to lose Fabbri for free, this would extend our build a bit getting

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
While DeBrusk showed promise in his 1st few seasons he really dropped his production these past 2...Chances are the Bruins are likely to be asking too much in return.

Reactions: Bench

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I've watched quite a few B's games the past couple years. Debrusk hasn't shown much to indicate he'll break out elsewhere. I could very well be wrong but I'm with the other posters who are tepid, at best, about acquiring him.

Reactions: Bench and Henkka

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Sam Ganger and a 6th or 7th rdp. That's all I got.

Minor move that'd snuggle in the middle six and make Zadina expendable.

I'm sure they'll be better offers that this so not holding my breath about it.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The Calgary Flames, Buffalo Sabres, St. Louis Blues, Edmonton Oilers, Arizona Coyotes, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers and Seattle Kraken are among the teams believed to have expressed some level of interest in DeBrusk.
A trade is not yet considered imminent as of Wednesday morning, but trade talks are expected to escalate in the coming days.

Source

Send Namestnikov + and it would be an interesting trade. He's essentially a lighter Adam Erne, so I wouldn't move the farm for him.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
I would take him for a bag of pucks and a twix, but I would not send a roster player for a 3rd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad