Proposal: Bruins Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Boston has more need for RW than C. Who's their 1st line RW if they do this? Plus Tavares is a UFA, no guarantee he signs with Boston

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Marchand Tavares Donato
Etc

They’d have to trade Kreje and then sign Tavares.

The only thing the isles can trade are Tavares rights. And his rights are probably worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

You’d need about 7,546 Tavares rights to obtain Pasta

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
They’d have to trade Kreje and then sign Tavares.

The only thing the isles can trade are Tavares rights. And his rights are probably worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

You’d need about 7,546 Tavares rights to obtain Pasta

Let alone the fact that watching Barzal feed Pastrnak for the next 5-10 years would put me in the hospital.

Reactions: Skelen

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Or Boston could wait and sign him for free.

If he wants to play in Beantown, or anywhere really, he's going to go where he wants. Boston may have to move cap if they are going to sign him (Backes or Krejic) but I'm sure cycling DK and JT for second line center would work just fine instead of hunting for a RW.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Pasta and Grizz for Tavares.

the new worst trade in nhl history if it were ever made

I actually wonder what you are thinking here as there is absolutely zero logic to this as a bruin fan

im guessing you think its important to get early negotian rights? if that's your thinking... try to research what that is worth.

but the league actually passed new rules that allow teams early negotian rights anyhow. if boston is willing to meet his price and if he wants to play in boston he is an ufa. boston doesn't have to give the islanders anything

or was this a proposal from 2016 that just didn't end up showing up until today? it might have made sense then

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Please never post a proposoal again

I think its a bit harsh to try to police other posters and in a way... try to preasure them into denying themselves the fun of participation here.

probably would be a better response to just ask them to put a bit more thought into their proposals and maybe test them with a friend before throwing them up here to this type of reception.

personally I like seeing the various trade proposals people put a bit of thought into here. 99% would never come remotely close to happening. but they still give me entertainment and im glad hfboards encourages us to share these debates with one another

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Marchand Tavares Donato
Etc

lets say you are on the right track and this line would be great {I think we could all get behind that}

then the question is... why give the islanders pastrnak and grez?

you might be arguing that we wouldn't be able to pay Tavares without moving a contract like pastrnak… ok... I buy that

but why not trade pastrnak and grez to other teams and get back valuable draft picks. and just wait until we can sign Tavares as an ufa?

you haven't given us any reason why we are giving the islanders a superstar player like pastrnak for a pending ufa. that's why we are all thinking this proposal is so craptastically epic.

as a three way trade it might actually work

pastrnak and grez to Edmonton for their next 3 first round picks or something like that
a 3rd round pick to islanders for early negotian rights for Tavares
a 8 year 80 million dollar offer to Tavares

I mean I wouldn't do this trade for the record... but at least theres some semblance of logic here.

a greater semblance of logic would be to keep pastrnak and trade krejci. after all krecji would lose his job to Tavares.

maybe islanders would want krejci if they lose Tavares.

maybe the trade could be

krejci and grez
for the rights to Tavares and something else boston wants that would balance the trade

the op though... its crazy... pure crazy... totally crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad