Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread VI

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Wagner practicing today with his line so he appears to be good to go on Tuesday.

■ Cassidy said he figured Chris Wagner, who sat out Saturday, should be able to participate in Monday’s workout. Wagner exited the lineup in the third period vs. the Stars on Thursday, after banging head and neck and shoulder (hat trick!) in a fall.

Wonderful news! Thank you both for the update!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Nothing new

Cassidy on defenseman Kevan Miller (twice-broken kneecap): “I have nothing new. He’s skating on his own. No real progress. No non-progress, either. He’s just kind of holding his own, I guess.” .

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Nothing new

Cassidy on defenseman Kevan Miller (twice-broken kneecap): “I have nothing new. He’s skating on his own. No real progress. No non-progress, either. He’s just kind of holding his own, I guess.” .
Poor Killer. That’s such a grind and I wish it sounded a bit more promising.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
i was hoping to see the 3rd pairing of Lauzon and Miller for a few games as i think it would help in the playoffs giving us a good sized tough defense group

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Nothing new

I am going to guess that he is done as an NHLer. At this rate he isn't coming back to the Bruins roster and won't be re-signed and it is hard to imagine another team signing him (that is if he ever gets back to a level where he could try playing competitively).

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
i was hoping to see the 3rd pairing of Lauzon and Miller for a few games as i think it would help in the playoffs giving us a good sized tough defense group

I'm not sure they'd ever be paired together this year - styles are too similar. If anything, Lauzon's emergence as a physical #6RD has allowed Miller's rehab time to take its course. At one time when we all were clamoring for more physical play they might have rushed Miller back....not now with what Lauzon is doing back there. Hope to have Miller 100% and ready to step in in the PO's if/when the B's suffer some injuries on the back end (they have been relatively unsacthed so far this year)

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Poor Killer. That’s such a grind and I wish it sounded a bit more promising.

No kidding. He has to have an unbelievably strong mindset to keep working hard...it seems like setbacks or little growth.
Most athletes are so incredibly tough mentally.

Reactions: Number8

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I would agree if he gets rehabbed to the point where he can actually take a shot at NHL action again. I would speculate that if it does come to a PTO it wouldn't be in Boston- no room at the inn.

For sure. We have way too many prospects knocking at the door. I really hope he gets back to where he can play because he is a good player who really worked and works hard at his game. Solid team guy too. Maybe he can get a shot with the Kings next year?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
For sure. We have way too many prospects knocking at the door. I really hope he gets back to where he can play because he is a good player who really worked and works hard at his game. Solid team guy too. Maybe he can get a shot with the Kings next year?

Poor Miller. For sure it's got to be about 99% certain at this point that his time with the Bruins is just about up. If he can prove his fitness he's still not that old and I feel he may still have something to offer for a year or two, but not in Boston. For his sake I hope someone's willing to at least try him out and consider a cheap short-term deal. If I were him I'd be wanting to prove to myself that I can still go at the top level, and finish on my own terms, more than any concerns about money or exactly how long I could prolong my career.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
How did Carlo make out after the elbow the other night

out.
Day to day.
‘Upper body’.

Carlo, perhaps the club’s most consistent back liner this season, did not participate in the day-of-game workout in Brighton and coach Bruce Cassidy offered little about his condition or how soon he would be available to play.
“He’s out tonight . . . upper-body [injury],” said Cassidy, his club soon to lose, 5-3, to Tampa Bay at TD Garden. “Didn’t skate . . . so until he’s skating, I guess, then we’ll have a better idea. Certainly feeling better.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Provided Brandon Carlo remains sidelined with a suspected concussion, look for Connor Clifton to draw back into the lineup for his first action since Dec. 29. John Moore filled Carlo’s spot on Saturday and was burned on the Cedric Paquette goal that made it 3-0. Moore, mistakenly opting to make a play on the puck carrier behind the net, left Paquette free in front to pop home Zach Bogosian’s relay to the top of the crease. Back breaker

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Krug and Carlo both out tomorrow. Carlo possibly back Friday

Well that's not ideal against the hottest team in the league.

Clifton and Moore are probably the right moves, but I would have loved to see Zboril given a chance, considering reports have said that he's been playing well down in Providence recently.

I guess we'll get to see how McAvoy does in the Krug powerplay spot.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well that's not ideal against the hottest team in the league.

Clifton and Moore are probably the right moves, but I would have loved to see Zboril given a chance, considering reports have said that he's been playing well down in Providence recently.

I guess we'll get to see how McAvoy does in the Krug powerplay spot.

Yeah I liked someone's quote for the TB GDT, Less is Moore. I've had enough of that guy- prefer to see Zboril getting a look. I understand why not, though- if I am recalling right, teams get 4 non-emergency callups from Providence after the TDL. Maybe it is better not to burn them up if you don't have to. Whatever the case, Moore doesn't need to be seeing more ice time than Lauzon, Chara, and Grizz.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Yeah I liked someone's quote for the TB GDT, Less is Moore. I've had enough of that guy- prefer to see Zboril getting a look. I understand why not, though- if I am recalling right, teams get 4 non-emergency callups from Providence after the TDL. Maybe it is better not to burn them up if you don't have to. Whatever the case, Moore doesn't need to be seeing more ice time than Lauzon, Chara, and Grizz.

I honestly don't have any issues with Moore. He's better than a lot teams' 5th/6th defensemen. It's tough when you're coming back from shoulder surgery, and you're getting pulled in and out of the lineup, and then you have to jump in against the 2nd best team in the league and play with someone you never play with. I do agree that the comparative ice time doesn't make sense from the Tampa game, but I'd have to look into the shifts more to see how he was utilized.

I mostly just want to give some of the young guys a chance, but the 4 call-up rule is definitely prohibitive.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I do agree that the comparative ice time doesn't make sense from the Tampa game, but I'd have to look into the shifts more to see how he was utilized.

I mostly just want to give some of the young guys a chance, but the 4 call-up rule is definitely prohibitive.

Chara is explained by the five for fighting in part. What it looked like to me is that Cassidy did not want to split Grizz and Lauzon up, and so slotted Moore into Carlo's spot minus the heavy PK load. It probably would have been better to treat Lauzon and Grizz as your second pairing for that game. Whatever. Moore is fine as your depth guy, but I hated seeing him getting 20 minutes out there coming off a long period of healthy scratches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad