Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ Tuukka Rask leaves game with concussion after nasty collision - The Boston Globe

Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask was helped off the ice and to the dressing room after suffering a concussion during Saturday’s game against the New York Rangers at TD Garden.
Rask was shaken up with 1:28 left in the first period, on a high-speed collision with Rangers winger Filip Chytil.
Chytil, a speedy 19-year-old rookie, plowed into the goalie when he scored to tie the game at 1. On an end-to-end rush, Chytil had a full head of steam as he headed toward the crease, made a quick deke in tight and roofed a shot on Rask. Bruins defenseman Charlie McAvoy bumped Chytil and sent him airborne. Chytil’s hip and rear hit Rask in the face, sending the netminder tumbling backward. Rask’s head, the principal point of contact, jolted backward. It may have hit the iron as he fell.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
My personal feeling it's a mild concussion. Nothing severe he was talking and alert to trainers and got up ok . He looked woozy but that's expected considering the hit and luckily he looked ok.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hopefully Rask and Nordy are back so we can get the lines straightened out after the layoff.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
My personal feeling it's a mild concussion. Nothing severe he was talking and alert to trainers and got up ok . He looked woozy but that's expected considering the hit and luckily he looked ok.
upload_2019-1-20_16-18-10.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He looked fairly out of it when he was helped past us but I hope you are correct.

Reactions: caz16

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Rest up Tuukka.

I hope you will be well soon for your sake FIRST and the B's next.
anyone here today here any new.....News about Rask and which goalie backing up Halak,,enough with these F*****G INJURIES!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
‘It is day-to-day’ for Tuukka Rask right now, his agent says - The Boston Globe

Tuukka Rask, who departed the Garden ice Saturday night dazed and rubber-legged, has the benefit of the Bruins “bye” week before possibly reporting back to work for Monday’s practice with rest of his Black-and-Gold teammates.

In an email exchange with the Globe late Tuesday morning, Rask’s agent noted he believes there isn’t “anything to be too concerned about” in regard to the franchise goaltender’s recovery.

“I think,” added the agent, Brett Peterson, “it is day-to-day for him right now.”

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
‘It is day-to-day’ for Tuukka Rask right now, his agent says - The Boston Globe

Tuukka Rask, who departed the Garden ice Saturday night dazed and rubber-legged, has the benefit of the Bruins “bye” week before possibly reporting back to work for Monday’s practice with rest of his Black-and-Gold teammates.

In an email exchange with the Globe late Tuesday morning, Rask’s agent noted he believes there isn’t “anything to be too concerned about” in regard to the franchise goaltender’s recovery.

“I think,” added the agent, Brett Peterson, “it is day-to-day for him right now.”

Better news than I expected. Thanks!!

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The B's have been extremely fortunate to go from Thomas to Rask.
Rask is elite, and his numbers prove it. Sure he has a bad week or two. Lets in an easy goal or two, but
you watch any goalie enough, and you'll see the same thing. For those who have only watched Rask and Thomas, do some research and look at the goalie carousel prior to Thomas. I just hope when Rask is done here they have someone close to his ability.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
The B's have been extremely fortunate to go from Thomas to Rask.
Rask is elite, and his numbers prove it. Sure he has a bad week or two. Lets in an easy goal or two, but
you watch any goalie enough, and you'll see the same thing. For those who have only watched Rask and Thomas, do some research and look at the goalie carousel prior to Thomas. I just hope when Rask is done here they have someone close to his ability.

There was a big gap between Moog/Lemelin and Thomas/Rask.

Reactions: BMC and HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad