Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Caps, 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think what bothers me about this is that it's such a main boards argument. That kind of thing might happen over there frequently, where failure to read stats correctly or interpret their worth might cause people who aren't fans of certain teams to develop opinions of certain players that may or may not be true.

We're all Caps fans in a Caps GDT, though. I'd assume 80-90% of the posters in these threads are watching the game, and it's more than a little bit dismissive to keep telling everyone that "stats don't tell the whole story" when for the most part they're the only thing we're missing from "the whole story", as it were.

"Stats aren't everything" shouldn't be the "it's a free country" of a hockey discussion, even if it is technically true.
I notice that guys like to use stats in their debate. I think some guys take the stats too serious.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Also, I want goals. I don't care by whom, don't care if it bounces off someone's face or butt, don't care if Bruins knock one in on themselves.

Zeros are only for Mr. Blutarsky.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
If they cant even beat the Bruins tonight, January might be a mighty rough month. :cool:
Probably true.
However, they've got to play considerably better then the last three "efforts". Plus at some point the Bs will break their losing streak vs Caps. Hopefully not tonite.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This team is so discombobulated. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Trotz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad