Confirmed with Link: Bruins begin Christmas break - all games this week postponed

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I mean Sway and Linus are hovering around .920sv% how much of a difference would Rask make other then being an odd distraction
Yea at best it just annoys Swayman who likely looks like the guy being sent down to Providence.

Also the guy that was snubbed so an injured version of Tuukka Rask could play in the deciding game of a playoff series.

I'm sure Swayman is very excited to go back down to Providence.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yea at best it just annoys Swayman who likely looks like the guy being sent down to Providence.

Also the guy that was snubbed so an injured version of Tuukka Rask could play in the deciding game of a playoff series.

I'm sure Swayman is very excited to go back down to Providence.

Rask is the incumbent no. 1 Bruins goalie. The only reason he wasn't re-signed immediately was his surgery. He never really left the team. I see it more as he took a period of extended leave, during which others have done his job, but it's still his role and all he's doing is reclaiming it.

Swayman's situation is due far more to Ullmark than Rask. At the end of last season Swayman was the no. 2 goalie. Instead of promoting him to no. 1 in Rask's temporary absence, Sweeney left him at 2 and brought in Ullmark to take on the lead position. It's turned out that in the course of the season so far, Swayman's actually been closer to being no. 1 than Linus, but on paper Ullmark was signed as the primary starter and his salary and contract reflect this.

The rights and wrongs of Sweeney's strategy have been discussed here ad infinitum, but in practical terms it is what it is and it's the primary reason why Swayman and indeed Ullmark himself are in the situation they're in. Rask was always coming back unless his recovery went badly wrong and the fact that the two current guys have done increasingly well in his place has zero impact on that. The employee who's been on sick leave doesn't get fired just because the fill-in has done a good job.

Last edited:

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
The league isn’t coming back until 1/1 from what I’ve seen from guys up in Canada so this makes sense.
Sadly I think this is the right decision, we don’t need to risk players or staff testing positive and being Covid quarantined in Canada. Maybe there will be a game on January 1. Hoping a new year brings better luck:crossfing for all of us.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Rask is the incumbent no. 1 Bruins goalie. The only reason he wasn't re-signed immediately was his surgery. He never really left the team. I see it more as he took a period of extended leave, during which others have done his job, but it's still his role and all he's doing is reclaiming it.

Swayman's situation is due far more to Ullmark than Rask. At the end of last season Swayman was the no. 2 goalie. Instead of promoting him to no. 1 in Rask's temporary absence, Sweeney left him at 2 and brought in Ullmark to take on the lead position. It's turned out that in the course of the season so far, Swayman's actually been closer to being no. 1 than Linus, but on paper Ullmark was signed as the primary starter and his salary and contract reflect this.

The rights and wrongs of Sweeney's strategy have been discussed here ad infinitum, but in practical terms it is what it is and it's the primary reason why Swayman and indeed Ullmark himself are in the situation they're in. Rask was always coming back unless his recovery went badly wrong and the fact that the two current guys have done increasingly well in his place has zero impact on that. The employee who's been on sick leave doesn't get fired just because the fill-in has done a good job.

As far as I know, Rask doesn't have a contract.

I don't think Sweeney ever planned on bringing Rask back. However, with the current state of the team, he may be using a Rask return to shake up the squad. Better to make Rask a focal point than Cassidy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
no Carlo too

Bland.
upload_2021-12-27_9-11-22.jpeg

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Read a great article about Doug Armstrong hiring Larry Robinson in 2017 and how he helped Colton Parayako.Robinson was talking about his size and strength and how it was not in his DNA to play mean etc and how they got it out of him.Also his stick positioning. Remind you of anyone?Maybe Bruins should hire Larry to work with Carlo cause he sure could be that same type player .It's all there just need to get it out of him .

Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I did not expect so many players going into protocol after the pause. Assumed it would have been a fairly clean slate starting Dec 27...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad