GDT: Bruins at Panthers, 7 p.m. EST, March 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
He didn't hit 96 points last year as a captain?

Isn't it pretty well known he's been battling different injuries this season
Has it been two years now? I guess so, felt like it was just this season. My mistake. That was still when the “under rated” conversations were everywhere though, that wasn’t the case anymore when this season started

Reactions: BB88

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If he finishes the season strong, is he the #1 going in next season?
Unless he pulls a binnington, no. But he’d be the sure fire backup and the pressure would be on bob to pick it up next season otherwise dreidger could steal more and more starts

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You think Trochecks good why are you commentting here

I haven't really said he's good.

Some of you just curse every one of your players and are okay seeing them get traded for a loss.
That's not how you get up from the bottom.

It's pretty incredible to read how abysmal 50 point player making less than 5 is.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
lmao @ people calling out Barkov.

Good for Huby I guess who doesn't even show up. Can't get any blame when you don't get any chances!

Very true. He has been atrocious lately

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If he finishes the season strong, is he the #1 going in next season?

The Panthers hope not. But in all seriousness, we've seen goalies come into this league hot, have good years and then fizzle out. I do like what I've seen from Driedger so far, I think he has what it takes to be a good nhl goalie. But next season is a new season and he will have to play well and prove himself all over again, he doesn't have a track record yet even if he goes undefeated the rest of the way with a .930 sv %.

I do think our goaltending will be good next season though, I'm not worried about that at all actually. I think Bob will bounce back, and Driedger is solid. We have good depth in the minors. It's the defense and offense that need tweaking.

Reactions: Vilam and klabob

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I haven't really said he's good.

Some of you just curse every one of your players and are okay seeing them get traded for a loss.
That's not how you get up from the bottom.

It's pretty incredible to read how abysmal 50 point player making less than 5 is.

Dude he's not a 50 point player anymore....that trade was not a loss. It was getting rid of Tro which was a necessity and potentially getting a win with one of the two prospect s we acquired.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dude he's not a 50 point player anymore....that trade was not a loss. It was getting rid of Tro which was a necessity and potentially getting a win with one of the two prospect s we acquired.

He was on 53 point pace in Florida.

You have absolutely nothing at C after Barkov and should fix the defense.
With what money and assets I ask?

Lmao really missing those 10 goals, yeah id rather have that than 5 million

Enjoy Wallmark at 2C

Trade Tro if you want but dammit try to fix something while at it

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Getting Tro off this team was a win regardless of what the return was.

But, we got cap space, a service 3rd/4th line center, and 2 prospects. If you think that’s a loss, then you haven’t watched Trocheck play for the last 100 games.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He was on 53 point pace in Florida.

You have absolutely nothing at C after Barkov and should fix the defense.
With what money and assets I ask?

You're just showing that you're a stat surfer. Tro isn't going to get anywhere near 53 pts this season. He hasn't been at that level since 17-18. It's clear that he's not the same player because of the ankle injuries, and he won't ever be again. Plus he's playing a lazy brand of hockey now. Why do you think all of us here are glad he's gone? We were never going anywhere with him as the #2 center. Now he's gone and we got assets back, we traded him while he still had value. We haven't been any worse without him. Carolina has actually been worse with him. We now have flexibility to have a new #2 center next season. Anything is better than Tro at 5M.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Pre-break I would have been A-OK with tonight’s result. Now, I just can’t make the effort to get up and care.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Pre-break I would have been A-OK with tonight’s result. Now, I just can’t make the effort to get up and care.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
ANNOUNCER TAKES HEAT FOR LUONGO LAUD

After the game, Panthers coach Mike Keenan was upset with the officiating.
The most questionable call was a neutral-zone tripping penalty called by Greg Kimmerly on Bill Lindsay that led to Robitaille's tying goal with 2:13 left.
Earlier, Kimmerly nullified a four-minute Panthers' power play by calling Pavel Bure for hooking on what appeared to be strong defensive stick check by Bure.
"Yeah, they outplayed us and we were in the game because of the goaltending, but [Detroit] doesn't need that kind of assistance [from the officials] on top of it," Keenan said.

Lol I forgot about the in-game announcement thing, felt like one of Goldie and the crew's great stat pimping and then getting scored on.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Much better effort by the team tonight, thought they defended better and hanged there with Boston... the 1 point a consolation prize.

I like what I see from Haula and Wallmark, wouldn’t mind having them as 3rd and 4th line centers next year. Haula seems faster than Tro and seems to use his teammates better, is not afraid to go to the front of the net (or so it seems to me). Wallmark seems pretty solid though not impressive in any area.

Good game by Barkov, he missed a few chances but was at least hustling... he needs to go back to the drawing board on his breakaways... not effective at all this year. Hubby with the disappearing act the last 4 games. Sadly, I think he is the best bet to trade in the offseason to help bring a quality d-man back.

Mathematically season not yet over, realistically I don’t see how this team makes it... who would’ve thought that it would be a long homestand late in the season that would bury this team.

offtopic, but what the hell happened to Boyle? I think his physical presence is something that would’ve helped. I see he is on LTIR.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
It was a well played game! I am happy with the effort in a loss!

BUT

Yandle still passing while having a clear lane...

Barkov needs to bury some chances.. What's going on?!

Huby, are you there?

PP? Ohh, fml

But hey!

Driedger has been great today!

I also liked Weegs & Stillman on defense! Stillman is awesome. Really cool down to earth guys and steps up for his teammates!!

And one more thing... I hate the Bruins fans. Ughhhhh

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Much better effort by the team tonight, thought they defended better and hanged there with Boston... the 1 point a consolation prize.

I like what I see from Haula and Wallmark, wouldn’t mind having them as 3rd and 4th line centers next year. Haula seems faster than Tro and seems to use his teammates better, is not afraid to go to the front of the net (or so it seems to me). Wallmark seems pretty solid though not impressive in any area.

Good game by Barkov, he missed a few chances but was at least hustling... he needs to go back to the drawing board on his breakaways... not effective at all this year. Hubby with the disappearing act the last 4 games. Sadly, I think he is the best bet to trade in the offseason to help bring a quality d-man back.

Mathematically season not yet over, realistically I don’t see how this team makes it... who would’ve thought that it would be a long homestand late in the season that would bury this team.

offtopic, but what the hell happened to Boyle? I think his physical presence is something that would’ve helped. I see he is on LTIR.

Better not get your hopes up. So you won't fall too deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad