GDT: Bruins at Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Boston Bruins at Toronto Maple Leafs: Monday game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...-toronto-maple-leafs-monday-game-preview.html

By: Kevin McGran Sports Reporter, Published on Sun Nov 22 2015

Bruins at Maple Leafs

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN4

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup: Tuukka Rask vs. James Reimer. The two goalies put on a clinic in Boston’s 2-0 win Saturday night. It was Rask’s second shutout of the season. Reimer, meanwhile, turned away 35 shots and hasn’t allowed more than one goal per period in 24 straight periods.

Need to know: The Bruins are 8-5-0 when scoring the first goal of the game . . . Zdeno Chara scored the winner on Saturday and has two goals and two assists in his last five games . . . Brad Marchand got the empty-netter on Saturday and has three goals and two assists in his last six games . . . Loui Eriksson has points (four goals, two assists) in four straight games for the Bruins.

Up next: Saturday, Capitals at Leafs, 7 p.m.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So Frank Corrado won't be getting in. Great.

Maybe they were just playing Polak to get him to 500?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
So Frank Corrado won't be getting in. Great.

Maybe they were just playing Polak to get him to 500?

That appears to be the case.

It is disappointing that Corrado isn't in the game, after losing Granberg, we still don't know what Corrado can do, in an NHL game.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Hope we string along a bunch of losses here, don't wanna get this false hope like we have been the last 5-6 games.

We need to be tanking right now

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hope we string along a bunch of losses here, don't wanna get this false hope like we have been the last 5-6 games.

We need to be tanking right now

Have to admit...these type of posts are getting annoying. Just cheer the team on, nothing you can do anyway in regards to the result by hoping they lose. Trust me...the way this team is playing under Babcock you're going to be disappointed at where we finish.

It's not called false hope, it's called being a fan and wanting them to succeed and see progress in our new system and players. Doesn't Reimer playing well make you feel happy? Or do you rather see him give up 5 per game and tank the season away?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs have been pretty bad the last few games. Very little puck possession and relying on goaltending to keep them in games... where have we seen that before?

Hopefully we can have a better overall game tonight.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leafs have been pretty bad the last few games. Very little puck possession and relying on goaltending to keep them in games... where have we seen that before?

Hopefully we can have a better overall game tonight.

this is ultimately my concern.
we've been flat the last two games, and though we played "better" on Saturday - it still was kind of disconcerting to see.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Unlike years past, I really don't care about our possession stats this year, because I look at the roster, and it's made of UFA cast-offs, that will be jettisoned at the trade deadline(Hopefully).

The system is in place to be a good puck possession team IMO, but you still need the skill to execute on those plays. This team obviously lacks talent(by design), once we start seeing more skill in the line-up, the possession will go back up.

Also, for what it's worth, if you track the leafs scoring chances on advanced stats websites, they're not too bad compared to what the shots indicate.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Am I the only one who thought Rask looked pretty bad last game? Outside of the Matthias breakaways, in which he really only got 1 actual shot I think, he looked to be overplaying everything and leaving most the net wide open. It was the Leafs inability to hit the net or generate any secondary chances that gave him the shutout imo.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Going to this one! Only my second game. Hoping they can win this one, like they did my last one.

Hopefully it will be as memorable as my first game, which was our 3-0 win against the Canes when Tim Brent blocked all those shots from Eric Staal on the 5 on 3 PK. Reimer's first shutout!

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Have to admit...these type of posts are getting annoying. Just cheer the team on, nothing you can do anyway in regards to the result by hoping they lose. Trust me...the way this team is playing under Babcock you're going to be disappointed at where we finish.

It's not called false hope, it's called being a fan and wanting them to succeed and see progress in our new system and players. Doesn't Reimer playing well make you feel happy? Or do you rather see him give up 5 per game and tank the season away?

I think he'd rather have reimer give up goals and lose.

I don't get the urgency to tank anyways, with the the lottery percentages.. it's not as if it's even a sure thing.

may as well instill good habits, keep the games close and win. winning is contagious.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
After a couple bad appearances in back to back games, I thought Babcock might try mixing up some lines.

I'm most concerned about Lupul. How is he supposed to increase his trade value with Grabner and Spaling as his linemates?

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
Looking forward to this game, because I expect a bounce back effort. Win or lose? Could go either way. Can't count the Leafs out, if they bring the system and some luck they'll do it.

If we do lose, hopefully it's not due to Reimer. Like to see his power streak continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad