Bruins Announce 2016-17 Season Ticket Renewal Information

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
Point on.

The majority of new season ticket holders will be paying 20% more than the old STH. The press release fails for some reason to mention this, how convenient. JJ gets his PR campaign to look like he is Robbin Hood as he holds prices on tickets while he is making a significant amount more in season ticket revenue with the new blood he is bringing in.

The are many reseller accounts that have not been flagged that have many tickets in them and that analytics show are resellers accounts. A blind eye has been turned to those accounts that have made sure to take care of the people that need to be taken care of in the ticket office. I say this with absolute certainty because I am familiar with accounts that are still active with no price increase with 8+ tickets in them.

You forgot to mention that JJ can toot his own horn about how he held the line on fans who keep their STHs.....while ignoring the fact that the tickets are really not a bargain, when the cheapest ticket to get in the door is $48 STH face. I mean....how many people really buy that STHs are available at a discount versus box office face, when the TM pricing is so ridiculous that it's almost always cheaper to buy them on the 2ndary market rather than from TM?

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
If you ever feel like you are getting ripped off just go take a gander at what the leafs fans have been paying for regular season mishmosh games for years.

Every season seat in the purples at the ACC (probably about 2000 of them) goes for less than $48 per game. That's a high minimum price.

TommyBruinsFan

Sep 14, 2007
Massachusetts
How are they able to track who is selling a large percentage of their tickets if you are using a non team affiliated site like stub hub? Is there a way for them to get that data to find out what you have been selling?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
How are they able to track who is selling a large percentage of their tickets if you are using a non team affiliated site like stub hub? Is there a way for them to get that data to find out what you have been selling?

I've wondered the same thing... the company next to me has 8 seats seeks every single game on stubhub. I often check their prices if I list mine

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
You forgot to mention that JJ can toot his own horn about how he held the line on fans who keep their STHs.....while ignoring the fact that the tickets are really not a bargain, when the cheapest ticket to get in the door is $48 STH face. I mean....how many people really buy that STHs are available at a discount versus box office face, when the TM pricing is so ridiculous that it's almost always cheaper to buy them on the 2ndary market rather than from TM?

The release this year has been brutal but even still selling hasn't been to hard and on a whole I'm still up thanks to always selling 1pm games at huge profits because I don't really like those games.

Once the secondary market can get me to games i actually want to go to for around STH face I'm out.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Well, I assume that the Bruins know what STH is in balcony 318, row 8, seat 10, since they're the ones who sold them the seat. (Random seat - apologies if this is anyone's actual seat here.) On StubHub, it shows "balc 318, row 8, seat 10" for sale for 30 of the 43 home games, and it gets sold (either taken down, or you can actually see on StubHub what tickets get sold to a limited extent if you play the system).

Ergo, that person's marked as a "heavy reseller", and is subject to whatever the Bruins want to do to them. If it's on their OWN system, they can even monitor it closer.

It's not unreasonable for them to assume that "listing with intent to sell is as bad as actually selling" - although I suppose those nutcases who list $1,500 balcony seats for the Canes on a Tuesday would have an argument that they weren't really intending to sell.

Bruins781

Jul 31, 2012
The majority of new season ticket holders will be paying 20% more than the old STH.

How does this work in years 2 and beyond for a new STH? Do folks see a price decrease in year 2 or continue paying more than others renewing in similar seats?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
they continue to pay more.. no decreases in this business

?

I thought that first year STHs paid a little more, but then year 2 and beyond got a reduced rate. They don't really publish STH prices, so it's not readily accessible. Probably because they give different rates to individuals, corporations, and now resellers.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
?

I thought that first year STHs paid a little more, but then year 2 and beyond got a reduced rate. They don't really publish STH prices, so it's not readily accessible. Probably because they give different rates to individuals, corporations, and now resellers.

I was told by my Rep in Year 3 is when the bleeding stops for newbies. My prices were not raised for 2016-17, but it sounds like others weren't either.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The Red Sox meanwhile last month pulled out of their deals with Stub Hub and Ace.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2016/02/16/Franchises/Red-Sox.aspx

You can see where this is going - either you have a hard ticket or a barcode on a team approved app.

The Red Sox also started issuing wonky PDF format files that jam the stubhub upload feature so you can't setup instant download or fill the order without emailing SH

But that last sentence is wrong, because teams like the Cavaliers and Timberwolves have already cut out hard tickets and all competition and 100% control the secondary market:
http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2016/01/how-the-minnesota-timberwolves-killed-the-free-market/

This couldn't happen in New York State because of laws preventing teams from restricting transfers and resale of tickets

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
My STH repo called me about an hour ago and sounded like he just emerged from a Von Bulow-esque coma. I get the job is difficult, but jeez...have a coffee, dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad