Bruins Announce 2016-17 Season Ticket Renewal Information

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No increase from this year unless you are an active reseller :popcorn:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=872500&navid=DL|BOS|home

The Boston Bruins announced today that current Season Ticket Holders are now able to renew their Season Tickets for the 2016-2017 NHL Season. All current Season Ticket Holders who own tickets for personal use will see no increase in price for next season, while there will be an increase for accounts that are held by known high-volume re-sellers. The pricing strategy has been developed in an effort to reward the Bruins’ most committed fan base with the greatest benefit, pricing which is on average 49% below single game box office pricing.
A range of Season Ticket Holder renewal prices are as follows:

Loge Seat: $90-$155 per game
Balcony Seat: $48-$107 per game

Through a process of data analysis, the Bruins have identified accounts that are held by high-volume re-sellers. In addition to the new ticket prices, accounts held by high-volume re-sellers based outside of New England, Connecticut and New York state have been cancelled and the Bruins will make those tickets available to New England-based fans who are currently on the Bruins Season Ticket Holder wait list – which began in 2011 and currently consists of over 10,000 fans.

“The Bruins recognize the commitment that Season Tickets Holders make to the organization and we are happy that those fans who regularly attend our games will see no increase in their prices,†said Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for the Boston Bruins and TD Garden Glen Thornborough. “Additionally, through this renewal process we hope to offer many loyal fans from our waiting list the opportunity to become Season Ticket Holders.â€

Bruins Season Ticket Holders will receive an email today, Monday, March 7, 2016, which will include renewal information for the 2016-2017 NHL Season as well as playoff ticket information for the 2016 NHL Playoffs.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Wow they really revoked season tickets from resellers! That is very cool and unexpected...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow they really revoked season tickets from resellers! That is very cool and unexpected...

Looks like they came down hard on brokers based in Canada.

Through a process of data analysis, the Bruins have identified accounts that are held by high-volume re-sellers. In addition to the new ticket prices, accounts held by high-volume re-sellers based outside of New England, Connecticut and New York state have been cancelled and the Bruins will make those tickets available to New England-based fans who are currently on the Bruins Season Ticket Holder wait list – which began in 2011 and currently consists of over 10,000 fans.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Balcony Seat: $48-$107 per game

Pretty crazy that we have 3rd row balcony, and our price is just $5 above the lowest cost ticket.

Talk about getting in at the right time....

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Oh so my bugaboo about the processing fee has been addressed:

What are mobile tickets?

Mobile tickets offer a secure and convenient way to view and transfer your tickets. You will be able to access your tickets for the season through your mobile device and will not receive printed tickets in the mail. The ticket processing fee will be waived for this option.

Wow. That is very fair. I might even stop griping about how they ripped us off in 2013. (Ok, probably not)

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Just curious....how do these playoff prices compare to past prices? Are they considerably higher then previous years?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Just curious....how do these playoff prices compare to past prices? Are they considerably higher then previous years?

Higher. Ours are $67/$101/$134/$168.

For the first few years we had tickets, until 2012 I believe, the first round was our regular season face value.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Higher than 2 years ago...Last year they did not make the playoffs

Well regular season tickets are up from 2 years ago as well, right?

I guess I'm more curious about the relationship between regular season prices and playoff prices...there is always an increase...is this years increase different then years past?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Good decisions overall but those playoff prices are fairly rough. My guess is they are aiming for a second round exit.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Higher. Ours are $67/$101/$134/$168.

For the first few years we had tickets, until 2012 I believe, the first round was our regular season face value.

That is correct, though it may have been a year or two earlier than 2012 when that stopped. I can't recall.

What I DO remember is that SC Final tix were $73 in 2011 and $98 in 2013 for my seat. I did feel like that was a steal at the time, but that's inflated like it is college tuition or health insurance.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
That is correct, though it may have been a year or two earlier than 2012 when that stopped. I can't recall.

What I DO remember is that SC Final tix were $73 in 2011 and $98 in 2013 for my seat. I did feel like that was a steal at the time, but that's inflated like it is college tuition or health insurance.

I remember being pissed in 2011 that the cheapest winter classic ticket was more than the SCF. :laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Yeah, 2012 might be too late. They are all blurring together at this point.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
I can't believe people are complaining about Stanley Cup Final ticket prices. For two reasons:

1) If the Bruins are in the Final, it would be an absolute miracle.
2) If the Bruins are in the Final, you could get way more than what you paid by selling it or it would be worth the money to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad