Proposal: Bruins and Dallas........Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Been waiting for the outcome of the Kevin Hayes Saga before deciding to post this. How that turned out determined exactly what I'd do.

To Dallas: McQuaid, Paille and Caron

To Boston: Ritchie, Oleksiak and Troock

Ithas been reported that Dallas is looking for a right shooting D-man. I debated between McQuaid and Miler but Miller is signed for 2 more years and McQuaid only one. Miller is also cheaper too. What Boston doesn't get in experience they gain in "upside". This would also help solve two problems for us, CAP and RW.

member 96824

Holy cow, the only way Dallas does that is if they feel bad about last offseason.

Wow...oof.

I mean that with all respect, but that's horrid from our end.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
what?

Caron, Paille, and McQuaid?

HAHA! A bust, a bottom 6 grinder with no finish, and a bottom pairing defenseman?

That's absolutely horrendous and any GM would laugh in Chia's face is he was asking for anything more than a career backup goalie for that package of misfits

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Doubt that package would get Ritchie OR Oleksiak alone.

If Chia wanted one of those guys, he missed out big time in Seguin trade.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Been waiting for the outcome of the Kevin Hayes Saga before deciding to post this. How that turned out determined exactly what I'd do.

Ithas been reported that Dallas is looking for a right shooting D-man. I debated between McQuaid and Miler but Miller is signed for 2 more years and McQuaid only one. Miller is also cheaper too. What Boston doesn't get in experience they gain in "upside". This would also help solve two problems for us, CAP and RW.

Cmon. When I offer trade proposals on the trade board I intentionally try to make the other team feel like they are hosing the b's as to not incur the wrath of posters calling me a homer...this is not that type of trade proposal. Is it great for the bruins? Yes of course. But just because the stars have reports saying they want a right shot d man doesn't mean they trade there most accomplished forward and d prospect for anybody that shots right.

McQuaid is coming off an injury, hasn't been able to string full season together for I don't know how long and even when he is healthy...is a number 6 dman.

Paille is a very valuable...4th line wing, and caron is a player who has proven nothing except that he doesn't belong in the NHL.

Again I always skew towards the other team so with that preface. The counter from Dallas is for that package..

Boychuk Spooner and morrow

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, those spare parts aren't gonna get one of those guys. Boychuk doesn't get you Oleksiak 1 for 1.

I guess, maybe, but I guess it depends on whether Dallas is trying to compete. JB would be Dallas' best D-man, I think they may that trade every day of the week

So add to it. Just saying that's not enough does nothing.

You sound like the fantasy owner who wants my #1 starter, and offers me 3 guys off his bench, and then wonders why I didn't counter.

OK here is the Add to it

Replace McQuaid with Boychuck

Replace Caron with Spooner

Boychuck, Spooner, and Paille

for

Ritchie, Oleksiak

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I guess, maybe, but I guess it depends on whether Dallas is trying to compete. JB would be Dallas' best D-man, I think they may that trade every day of the week

I was just going off of what I read on the Trade board. I honestly don't know enough about Oleksiak to know his true value. I know he's a Chara type as far as size and defense go and a little less offensively. So in other words tops out as a great #2.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

You sound like the fantasy owner who wants my #1 starter, and offers me 3 guys off his bench, and then wonders why I didn't counter.

OK here is the Add to it

Replace McQuaid with Boychuck

Replace Caron with Spooner

Boychuck, Spooner, and Paille

for

Ritchie, Oleksiak
exactly what this guy says

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Geez I don`t know don, not that knowledgeable about Troock but I have to think the Stars would have zero interest in a Caron, and Quaider has missed so much time recently that the pot would have to taste a lot sweeter than that

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I would seriously consider Oleksiak and Ritchie for Spooner and Boychuk. No way I give Paille up. I let Campbell go before him. Paille IS our depth upfront.

Dallas gets a number one D in Boychuk. And a top 6 center in Spooner.
We get a defensemen with heavy potential in Oleksiak. Look at his size. Imagine him and Hamilton in 4 years? Then we have Morrow AND Krug.

Ritchie has top 6 potential, and would look great with Marchand and Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad