Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Someone cover Carlo in bubble wrap. We're almost at his favorite time of the season to get janked up.
When was the last time he got injured for the playoffs? Seems like he's been fine the past few seasons?

Matt Poitras has begun skating.
Interesting. Makes me wonder, though, whether it's wise to throw the kid into the playoffs. Who comes out to make room for him?

Reactions: The don godfather

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
When was the last time he got injured for the playoffs? Seems like he's been fine the past few seasons?

Interesting. Makes me wonder, though, whether it's wise to throw the kid into the playoffs. Who comes out to make room for him?

He’s done for the year. He will rehab and workout thru the off season.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
He’s done for the year. He will rehab and workout thru the off season.
I 100% believe this should be the case. But the way you state this as fact I wonder, if there is a medical wall here he will not achieve, or if this is simply that the brass has decided the risk to his future is too high to take a chance.

If you could share who decided he is done and some of the rationale I would be grateful and I will understand if you cannot.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I 100% believe this should be the case. But the way you state this as fact I wonder, if there is a medical wall here he will not achieve, or if this is simply that the brass has decided the risk to his future is too high to take a chance.

If you could share who decided he is done and some of the rationale I would be grateful and I will understand if you cannot.
He only had the stabilization surgery on shoulder Feb 7th .I would imagine the Dr's and team brass decided he is done and it would be quite reckless to fire him in to playoff wars without a good summer to strengthen it and a camp to get back into swing of things.I know you said you believe it should be the case so not taking aim at you here lol

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
He only had the stabilization surgery on shoulder Feb 7th .I would imagine the Dr's and team brass decided he is done and it would be quite reckless to fire him in to playoff wars without a good summer to strengthen it and a camp to get back into swing of things.I know you said you believe it should be the case so not taking aim at you here lol
No that is perfect, I had no medical context and always like to play it safe. Given what you said the timeline is just not feasible, only chat board fans would question it. :)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Bingo!
The skating is just to help his fitness and also be part of the being around the trainers and guys.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm assuming Poitras will be a part of the Black Aces squad so he can practice and be a part of the team. It's all part of the learning experience.

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bingo!
The skating is just to help his fitness and also be part of the being around the trainers and guys.
Exactly.

If Matt Poitras weren't a 20 kid with 33 NHL games under his belt..... and were instead, say, a 39 year old Joe Pavelski with 1,300+ NHL games and desperate for a Cup?????? Maybe he could talk himself, the team management, and the doctors into letting him go and risking never being able to shampoo his hair with his right hand again. Even then I'd want the lawyers to say to Joe "OK, please sign here, here, here, and here".:laugh:

But since he's not -- not a chance in hell. As you say Wally -- fitness and community. Nothing more.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That’s to bad he had been playing so well and his big body presence in front of the net was sorely needed,hopefully Maroon can take his place come playoffs.

Yes.

This will likely ensure that JVR will draw into the lineup. Hopefully, his mystery illness is behind him.

Maroon may debut against Pittsburgh, or make his first appearance in the playoffs.

Trust the coaching & medical staff are doing everything possible to ease that transition.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Brazeau back home​

Justin Brazeau, who left Tuesday’s win with what appeared to be a right arm injury, went back to Boston for further testing and Montgomery said the club will have a report on the “severity” of the ailment on Friday . . .
The poor guy. He was doing so well.

Healing wishes to you Justin.

Reactions: ProdigalFan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Brazeau back home​

Justin Brazeau, who left Tuesday’s win with what appeared to be a right arm injury, went back to Boston for further testing and Montgomery said the club will have a report on the “severity” of the ailment on Friday . . .
Ugh.
Doesn't sound good.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Ugh.
Doesn't sound good.
It’s just that time of year I guess, always has to be somebody who gets injured right before playoffs. I feel like it’s almost better that it will keep him out of action for a while instead of just making him play poorly. I’d prefer to have a fresh bottom-sixer in his place over an injured Braz.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad