Management Bruce Cassidy Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He'll likely be back to work this summer in Dallas or Las Vegas.
yep, he`ll be working in no time

I won`t hammer DS or Cam....yet, I do need to remember that they gave Butch the job in the first place so there is a chance they`ll grab another decent coach

Regular Season Butch--- terrific, gets results

Post Season Butch---- unable to get those same troops to play the way they need to

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
In the end, we're stuck because this guy
View attachment 556551
only cares what this guy thinks
Jeremy-Jacobs-lg_0.jpg

and that's what the income statement looks like at the end of the year.
I do like it when someone takes an issue an boils it down to the basic, key facts.

THIS is the reality we live under. And the guy in the first picture is still trying to figure out how offsides works.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
We could have won in 2018, should have won in 2019, Def should have beaten the islanders in 21 and honestly could have beaten the canes a few weeks ago.

I’m 2019 through and 2021 specifically he got out matched by the guy on the other bench during the games and after

Tampa was the better team in 2018 by far.

Tuukka played injured in 2021.

Really were lucky to get to Game 7 against Canes.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Krug, Debrusk, Hall, Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy, Carlo, Rask… It’s not like they didn’t have talent during Cassidy’s time as coach.
They definitely didn't have enough talent last season. The years they did have talent they nearly won the SC

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Seeing as this next season is shaping up to be an absolutely glorious one here’s what I want:

Burke as GM
Torts for coach
Sinden as media rep taking daily pressers

Hell make Cherry a media member while we’re at it.

Everyone has to wear ties like Burke does.
Even the players.

Time to mix it up a little. I’m ready

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I won`t hammer DS or Cam....yet, I do need to remember that they gave Butch the job in the first place so there is a chance they`ll grab another decent coach

Post Season Butch---- unable to get those same troops to play the way they need to

You mean "better"?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In the end, we're stuck because this guy
View attachment 556551
only cares what this guy thinks
Jeremy-Jacobs-lg_0.jpg

and that's what the income statement looks like at the end of the year.

Fire the whole Jacobs family into the sun. Send them to colonize Mars. Get them the f*** away from our beloved Bruins.

WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THESE FAT POCKETED ASSHOLES.

Last edited:

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Per Mike Cole NESN:

However, it sounds as if Sweeney and the Bruins’ front office believe Cassidy squeezed as much juice out of the fruit as possible.
That is what good coaches do. Means he needs new players. That's on the front office.

Sweeney: “You don’t go out and get 107 points, and win 51 games if the players aren’t responding to you. That just doesn’t happen. He’s able to push the buttons that are necessary, but it takes its toll. Over the course of time, it takes its toll. You’ve gotta find a way to deliver that message a little differently or the personnel changes and you cycle it out. That’s a little bit of the way the cycle happens.”
Sounds like Don complements Cassidy, realizes he needs to justify his firing and then starts tripping over his words.
He always tries to sound as articulate as possible and exposes himself as a dumbass in the process.

No telling at this point what direction the team is headed.
There is always hope that Don will make some personnel improvements that no one has seen coming, but it seems like a long shot.
He hasn't built much trust.
Sounds like deck chairs on a sinking ship.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Apparently Friedman wondered if Jake DeBrusk wanting a trade had to do with Cassidy. If there's any truth to that, doesn't that confirm that DeBrusk is Sweeney's binky?

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
He'll likely be back to work this summer in Dallas or Las Vegas.
Players talk to each other on different teams, this is the second time in two head coaching jobs he has had trouble with players. Constantly throwing players under the bus to the media because he can't get them to respond is his fault and bad coaching. He also is weak as a strategist being out coached in the playoffs by John Cooper, Craig Berube and Rod Brindamour. Cassidy may be out of work a lot longer than people seem to be expecting.

I also could be completely wrong and he has a better job in a few weeks.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Krejci Debrusk Spooner line was one of the most effective lines whereby Krejci had success and then the famous declining one hit away Nash was brought in for a bunch of stuff the Rangers are enjoying success with.
but the rest of Spooner's career shows that it was probably Krejci carrying him to success

Reactions: BMC and Fenian24

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Cassidy had a contract at IIRC $3million. He had one year left on that contract. I suspect he's going to collect on all or a good chunk of that money even if he sits around. I know what I would do.

Reactions: BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Sweeneys first bid at keeping his job for as long as possible.

With Bergeron most likely hanging them up this team is not in a good spot. That's on Sweeney. Just surprised it happened now and not midseason.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Sure, they made a good move to hire Butch. But they blew it when they let him go. “A fantastic coach”….Cam Neely.

”A very, very smart coach”….Brad Marchand.

Fourteen million to spend last off season. And they spent it on Foligno, Haula and Nosek and Reilly knowing they had one big hole and another upcoming at center.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Players talk to each other on different teams, this is the second time in two head coaching jobs he has had trouble with players. Constantly throwing players under the bus to the media because he can't get them to respond is his fault and bad coaching. He also is weak as a strategist being out coached in the playoffs by John Cooper, Craig Berube and Rod Brindamour. Cassidy may be out of work a lot longer than people seem to be expecting.

I also could be completely wrong and he has a better job in a few weeks.

Yes, I know you don't like his coaching style, but he will have a job. There are a lot of teams out there that would have loved to have had the Bruins level of success with him behind the bench. He won't go from pretty recent Jack Adams and 2nd best winning pct. in the NHL over his tenure to unemployable that fast.

The real problem here, whatever Bruce's faults, is the messed up roster- no coach in the universe can fix stupid on that side of the club.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Sweeneys first bid at keeping his job for as long as possible.

With Bergeron most likely hanging them up this team is not in a good spot. That's on Sweeney. Just surprised it happened now and not midseason.

We have 0.0 knowledge of whether Bergeron is hanging them up. Unless I’m missing something.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The Krejci Debrusk Spooner line was one of the most effective lines whereby Krejci had success and then the famous declining one hit away Nash was brought in for a bunch of stuff the Rangers are enjoying success with.
Please, stop thinking Spooner was an NHL caliber player because he was small and fast. 3 years in the KHL and he hasn't had more than 11 goals there never mind in the NHL. A expansion team, the Arizona Coyotes and the whole AHL don't want Ryan, shouldn't that tell you something?

Yes, I know you don't like his coaching style, but he will have a job. There are a lot of teams out there that would have loved to have had the Bruins level of success with him behind the bench. He won't go from pretty recent Jack Adams and 2nd best winning pct. in the NHL over his tenure to unemployable that fast.

The real problem here, whatever Bruce's faults, is the messed up roster- no coach in the universe can fix stupid on that side of the club.
Again I am not defending Sweeney in any way, shape or form. I hated the Cassidy hire from day 1 and am glad he is gone. I hope he gets a job with Buffalo or Detroit so they never become threats.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad