Bruce Boudreau

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
ha first post in the pitt thread calling for coach replacements is oates. id like to see what bylsma could do with this team. id also love to see what oates could do to pittsburgh :sarcasm:

Sep 19, 2008
Bb is my boy. Took the Kings to 7. Sometimes I think it was a mistake to let the lad go

Caps have not been the same since he left. In fact they missed the playoffs. Don't know if they would have rallied after their poor start the hunter year, at the time it did seem right.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
As I said awhile ago, BB is a guy I think will bounce from team to team for 3 or 4 years at a time and if he doesn't win it in those 4 years I think his message wears thin.

I just don't see him locking down with someone long term and having lots of post season success.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
It was weird knowing, before game even started, that at least one of these three would advance past Game 7 of second round: the Fat ****, Purrutu, and Double Nickel.

Maybe Plus Fiddy can send us all a postcard to let us know what the Promised Land looks like.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Bruce is just not a big-time coach. He has his good points. But he can't counter. He is stubborn to a fault.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
And Bruce is a better coach than McPhee is a GM. That's how far away we were from winning a Cup with those clowns.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
In a certain way, this collapse is worse than the Caps. To rally you team back from losing the first 2 at home to win 3 straight and be 1 win away and not be a able to capture the momentum and close it out. That is pretty terrible. No killer instinct.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
In a certain way, this collapse is worse than the Caps. To rally you team back from losing the first 2 at home to win 3 straight and be 1 win away and not be a able to capture the momentum and close it out. That is pretty terrible. No killer instinct.

Yeah but the kings are a legit, championship-caliber team with a recent Cup on their resumé.

Habs were nowhere near that when they stepped up and punched us in the face in 2010.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The 2009 one wasn't a blown series. It was more memorable for the blow-out in Game 7. That's what I remember from it. An epic, back-and-forth series, including the game in which 8 and 87 each had a hat trick, and the stage was perfectly set, and ... crap. The Caps **** the bed.

And that's how tonite looked too, for the Ducks. I don't know how much is the coach, how much the players. But undeniably BB presided over both.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
And Bruce is a better coach than McPhee is a GM. That's how far away we were from winning a Cup with those clowns.

Really? Cause one could successfully argue that Hunter took basically the same group as far as Bruce did. So I think the credit goes to McPhee for assembling the roster.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
I'm not favoring Bruce and he did lose the locker room, but some of you talk, just to talk. BB has been successful with the Ducks, PERIOD. Where are our Caps, oh that's right golfing. Don't be a hater, BB has done well and good for him. I don't think it will last, but we haven't been that far is quite some time. Let it go.

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
I hope the Ducks lose 5-1 in game 7. I don't get the BB love from some.

LOL. To those who think BB had very much if anything to do with the Caps "success" during 2007 -2011, just LOL. Whatever was "accomplished" (nothing) was DESPITE BB and DESPITE the incompetence of GMGM to get the pieces necessary to compete, it was mostly due to a few dynamic individual players who now suffer from the inability of BB to properly develop those players during their formative NHL years. BB is not a good coach, period. That is what is evident to me now, and was evident to me at least going back to the Montreal series, if not the Pittsburgh series. Your opinion may be different, but today I LOL. I like Bruce as a person, he seems nice, but not as an NHL coach.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@cmasisak22: Semyon Varlamov was pulled at 22:13 after allowing 4 goals on 18 shots in Game 7 in 2009. Gibson? Pulled at 22:02. 4 goals on 18 shots. Wow.

Spooky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad